Changes to the PP - I like it

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Changes to the PP - I like it

PP1: Dougie Hamilton, David Krejci, Tyler Seguin, Nathan Horton, Milan Lucic.

PP2: Zdeno Chara, Chris Bourque, Brad Marchand, Patrice Bergeron, Rich Peverley.

Think Dougie, Seguin and Krejic running the umbrella is a good change. We'll see how it works tomorrow. Can't get any worse right?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: Changes to the PP - I like it

I just want it to look like an NHL powerplay.  Is that too much to ask?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Sorry Krejci fans but David just doesn't know how to work a PP. It's agonozing watching him with the puck and it's suprising becuase during 5 on 5, the man is so damn confident. The only two players currently on the Bruins that do a halfway good job as a PP QB is Peverley and Bergeron. Same PP coach, same ingredients on the same bat channel.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Apparently. I'm just glad to see three of our top playmakers on the same line. I like Chara's shot but sometimes finesse (i.e. Dougie) is better than power.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Sorry Krejci fans but David just doesn't know how to work a PP. It's agonozing watching him with the puck and it's suprising becuase during 5 on 5, the man is so damn confident. The only two players currently on the Bruins that do a halfway good job as a PP QB is Peverley and Bergeron. Same PP coach, same ingredients on the same bat channel.

Hey, I'm just being optimistic. It can't get any worse can it? Maybe Hamilton will make Krejic look better (yeah, wishful thinking).

I'm just excited to see what Dougie and Seguin can do on the same PP. It's something they haven't really tried yet (usually Seg & Chara).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Without it (PP) they:

They won the Cup in 2011.

Terrorized the NHL in 2011-12, until Horton went down.

Are tops in the standings in 2013, and poised for another Cup.

Why don't you guys just shut-up and enjoy what they are accomplishing without the PP.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

In response to Wheatskins' comment:

Why don't you guys just shut-up and enjoy what they are accomplishing without the PP. 

Who pooped in your Cheerios? I am one of the biggest Bs homers around and thoroughly enjoy the way they've played thus far. 

Doesn't mean I can't hope for a better PP.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to nrguy's comment: 

Apparently. I'm just glad to see three of our top playmakers on the same line. I like Chara's shot but sometimes finesse (i.e. Dougie) is better than power.

Can't argue with that and as long as the PP coach isn't changing mine as well.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ProudBruinsfan. Show ProudBruinsfan's posts

In response to nrguy's comment:

100% with you on this one...I have noticed that despite his powerfull shot Chara doesnt have enough time to release his shot on the PP...there is always an opponent next to him ..they know he has a hard shot and Chara is always shadowed....if you look at PK Subban he doesnt have the power of Zdeno but he releases quickly....Hamilton also has a quick wrist shot....but the Bruins really need to improve their PP

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

In response to Wheatskins's comment:

Without it (PP) they:

Unfortunately Wheats - as good as the Bruins are in most other areas, their PP is a joke and is below the league average. Whoops spoke too soon.

They are now officially the worst PP in the league at 8.8% ! ! ! !

http://espn.go.com/nhl/statistics/team/_/stat/special-teams/sort/powerPlayPct

The top ten teams range from 33.3% (St.Louis) to 22.7% (Phoenix & Florida?!)

Even moderate success in the top 15 of the league would be valuable in tight games and a late PP.

It is perplexing and this is why people are so outspoken about the topic.

Cheers to you. Have a nice weekend.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Without it (PP) they:

I think with a 7-1-1 record it isn't a concern. But if/when they lose 2 or 3 in a row by 2-1, 0r 3-2 scores & go 0-4, 0-5 on the pp it will be. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Without it (PP) they:

Thanks for bringing that up. That stretch before the injures was perhaps the most dominant performance by a team that I can remember for a long time. Pure pleasure to watch while it lasted. Good times.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Without it (PP) they:

What's wrong with wanting an all ready good team to be better? While the 2011 run was impressive, the chances of them winning the Cup again are better with an actual PP threat.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

"I want this." "I want that". Complain. Complain. Complain.

No matter how good it gets, you want more.

If the snow doesn't cancel the game tomorrow, just watch the game and enjoy how the Bruins win the game.

Refuse the penalties from now, I don't give a darn. I want them to win. Period.

I want results and I'm getting results. There is nothing to complain about

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I do kind of like the idea that Hamilton can distribute to one of two guys with good shots in Seguin or Horton, or he can get the quick shot through for Lucic or Horton to crash the crease.  Or Krejci, who is opportunistic picking up pucks from the periphery.  The team may not be scoring like the Sabres, Lightning, Sharks or Hawks but DK is shooting more often and playing point/game hockey. I'll take that from him.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I don't think it's the personnel, i think it's the strategy. Like to see Chara on the right point and Seguin on the off wing, same with Marchand.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Wheat, I understand where you're coming from, but I care less about them winning game 9 than game 7 of series 4 in the playoffs.  So when I look at the way they're playing now and think wow, they managed to beat the Scabs by playing well for three shifts in the third and okay for most of the game?  I think something needs to change if they're going to win reliably.  I'm far more of a moderate on the PP thing but really - 8%?  That's asking a lot.  And it opens up the option for other teams to trade penalties and get under Boston's skin knowing they're far more likely to win the PP game.  It's a weakness.  I don't like it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

More wristers from the point less backscratchers

Get the big bodies in front of the net and make life miserable for everybody

Shoot shoot shoot shoot shoot- got to start thinking shot first for some of these guys Bergeron Krejci Seguin - If you're gonna suk, then at least do it while being aggressive stop overthinking and looking for the perfect setup  - be greedy , let it go or sit

Sections
Shortcuts