Chara, Burrows show that we can all be friends.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Re: Chara, Burrows show that we can all be friends.

I think the title of this thread is pushing it.  We've heard and read despite his fearsome on-ice identity Chara is a nice guy so it's not surprising he would exchange pleasantries with the likes of Burrows if they crossed paths as they did here. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: Chara, Burrows show that we can all be friends.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chara, Burrows show that we can all be friends. : It's okay for us to talk crap about every other city and team on the planet!  This is a BOSTON newspaper site and we are discussing the BOSTON BRUINS because we are BOSTON BRUINS FANS. I don't go to other team's sites and defend the B's.  It's not my place.  Let them fans talk about whatever they want.  Let them enjoy their talks with fellow fans and let them believe whatever they feel.  I defend the B's on national sites and discuss many different teams and topics on national sites.  This is what you don't understand.  Your thoughts and your comments don't belong here.  You don't belong here.  You're not welcome here. 
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    Give it up NAS! This guy never will get that thru his skull. Just like the rioters he doesn't doesnt comprehend the error in his ways!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chara, Burrows show that we can all be friends. : Compare my posts to guys like null and cactus.  Then answer the question yourself.
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]

The question that you arent a child living in mom's basement is answered.  It still doesn't answer why you feel the need to hang around a Bruins' site a year later, periodically sticking up for the occasional Canuck slight and pointing out weaknesses in some Bruins' fans commentary, here on a Bruins' site.

If I was hanging around Flyers' site a year after 2010, someone would rightfully be able to ask me if I'd not gotten over it yet.

I'm having a hard time buying that the Boston Globe's Bruins' site is the best choice for your exchange of hockey acumen and commentary.  What, no computers closer to home than 4000 miles away?

News Flash: The biting, diving Burrows will always be reviled here, as will Rome, regardless of how often you feel the need to stick up for them.  It has nothing to do with "getting over" anything.  It's about who they are.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chara, Burrows show that we can all be friends. : The question that you arent a child living in mom's basement is answered.  It still doesn't answer why you feel the need to hang around a Bruins' site a year later, periodically sticking up for the occasional Canuck slight and pointing out weaknesses in some Bruins' fans commentary, here on a Bruins' site.   If I was hanging around Flyers' site a year after 2010, someone would rightfully be able to ask me if I'd not gotten over it yet. I'm having a hard time buying that the Boston Globe's Bruins' site is the best choice for your exchange of hockey acumen and commentary.  What, no computers closer to home than 4000 miles away? News Flash: The biting, diving Burrows will always be reviled here, as will Rome, regardless of how often you feel the need to stick up for them.  It has nothing to do with "getting over" anything.  It's about who they are.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]

Get over it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

A brilliant, insightful response.

Go start a fire.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]A brilliant, insightful response. Go start a fire.

Right back at ya.

Wink

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Clearly, hyperbole is too hard for the rioters in the crowd.

I'll make one more point, then you can continue your silly thread or fight with NAS or whatever.  Actually, you aren't any different than null.  You aren't 12, and you know a few more words, but like null, you have no purpose other than to annoy people here.

Are ya gonna say you come here because Boston people are such hockey analysts that you respect more than any other city?  Are you going to say The Globe site is the only one you can access in North America? No. A Vancouver fan comes here and posts 1000 times after his team loses in the Finals and his mates burn the city down.  So he comes here every day to stick up for the Biter and the rest of the vermin, insult Bruins' players and fans, and generally bother people.

You aren't much different than the girl who files a lawsuit to be allowed in the All Mens Golf Club.  She doesnt play golf, but she wants to annoy people who clearly dont want her around.  There's no logical reason for you to frequent this site other than to be that girl. Fore!

And I wont tell you to leave like NAS, because thats part of your fun... saying "nyah, nyah," here I am.  Whatever, null 2.0.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]Clearly, hyperbole is too hard for the rioters in the crowd. I'll make one more point, then you can continue your silly thread or fight with NAS or whatever.  Actually, you aren't any different than null.  You aren't 12, and you know a few more words, but like null, you have no purpose other than to annoy people here. Are ya gonna say you come here because Boston people are such hockey analysts that you respect more than any other city?  Are you going to say The Globe site is the only one you can access in North America? No. A Vancouver fan comes here and posts 1000 times after his team loses in the Finals and his mates burn the city down.  So he comes here every day to stick up for the Biter and the rest of the vermin, insult Bruins' players and fans, and generally bother people. You aren't much different than the girl who files a lawsuit to be allowed in the All Mens Golf Club.  She doesnt play golf, but she wants to annoy people who clearly dont want her around.  There's no logical reason for you to frequent this site other than to be that girl. Fore! And I wont tell you to leave like NAS, because thats part of your fun... saying "nyah, nyah," here I am.  Whatever, null 2.0.

Clearly, there's no point in trying to sway you, because your closed little mind is made up. But if you even bother to read my posts, you'll see that not everything I do is to "stick up for the Biter and the rest of the vermin, insult Bruins' players and fans, and generally bother people." I talk about the other series, about free agents, about concussions, actually, I talk about a lot of things.  But if you're close minded, you only see the things you want to see, and respond according to the little voice in your head that screams "TROLL!!!!"  Maybe you should just take a breath when you see my posts, sit back for a second, and pretend I'm not "the enemy", but just another guy posting on a hockey site.  Or maybe you should put me on ignore.  That might be easier for you.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

I will agree that this is a Boston Globe newspaper forum. I should be use only for Boston sports news fans. We as a Bruins fan have the right to discuss both positive and negative feedback as a Bruins congregation. Other fans will come on this forum to cause BS with true die hard Boston fans, in my belief is not the right thing to do. The part that bothers me is that i have no control over other comments being posted. I do have the control to express my thoughts and feelings about Boston sports.

I live half way between Buffalo and Toronto and that is news that i hear regularly on the car radio. Sometimes i will like hear about to other sports media talk about their teams. I will not go on the phone/other communication and disrupt or say any comments. Thank God for modern communications where I have a choice today to go and get immediate info about my fav.sports teams.

Thank you Orr Yaz and Bird for making me a Boston sports fan. It just the way it happen and i am not complaining about it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chara, Burrows show that we can all be friends. : Clearly, there's no point in trying to sway you, because your closed little mind is made up. But if you even bother to read my posts, you'll see that not everything I do is to "stick up for the Biter and the rest of the vermin, insult Bruins' players and fans, and generally bother people." I talk about the other series, about free agents, about concussions, actually, I talk about a lot of things.  But if you're close minded, you only see the things you want to see, and respond according to the little voice in your head that screams "TROLL!!!!"  Maybe you should just take a breath when you see my posts, sit back for a second, and pretend I'm not "the enemy", but just another guy posting on a hockey site.  Or maybe you should put me on ignore.  That might be easier for you.

True. Not everything you write is. Unfortunately, most of it is.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chara, Burrows show that we can all be friends. : It's okay for us to talk crap about every other city and team on the planet!  This is a BOSTON newspaper site and we are discussing the BOSTON BRUINS because we are BOSTON BRUINS FANS. I don't go to other team's sites and defend the B's.  It's not my place.  Let them fans talk about whatever they want.  Let them enjoy their talks with fellow fans and let them believe whatever they feel.  I defend the B's on national sites and discuss many different teams and topics on national sites.  This is what you don't understand.  Your thoughts and your comments don't belong here.  You don't belong here.  You're not welcome here. 
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

What grade are you in?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Not that anyone really cares (how's that for a qualifier?), but I'm in the big tent camp in regards to this forum.  I like having 49 here and think anyone should be welcome as long as they are not trolls or are trying to take over the board with non-Bruin topics.  I take much less offense to 49, than I do to trolls, political posters, racist posters, etc. and we seem to have a little of each here.

That said, 49 is fair game for criticism too.  I have also noticed the kind of passive-aggressive posting style and not-so-subtle attempts to poke Bruins fans in the eye sometimes.  He is not the neutral voice that he claims he is.  He is being articulate and nuanced at times, but still basically saying the 'Bruins s*ck' and looking for a reaction.  So, let him have it -- there's certainly plenty of things to taunt him about with that pack of dancing nancies that they call a hockey team up there.

At the end of the day though, I think he's pretty smart and this board is a more interesting place with him, than without him.

So I say welcome and FU.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]Not that anyone really cares (how's that for a qualifier?), but I'm in the big tent camp in regards to this forum.  I like having 49 here and think anyone should be welcome as long as they are not trolls or are trying to take over the board with non-Bruin topics.  I take much less offense to 49, than I do to trolls, political posters, racist posters, etc. and we seem to have a little of each here. That said, 49 is fair game for criticism too.  I have also noticed the kind of passive-aggressive posting style and not-so-subtle attempts to poke Bruins fans in the eye sometimes.  He is not the neutral voice that he claims he is.  He is being articulate and nuanced at times, but still basically saying the 'Bruins s*ck' and looking for a reaction.  So, let him have it -- there's certainly plenty of things to taunt him about with that pack of dancing nancies that they call a hockey team up there. At the end of the day though, I think he's pretty smart and this board is a more interesting place with him, than without him. So I say welcome and FU.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

Absolutely!  I have no problems engaging in a rousing discussion about hockey-related items.

But c'mon, man!  Can I ask for a cease-and-desist on the whole "go set something on fire" knee-jerk response?  It's weak, it's infantile, and shows a complete lack of imagination.  Those of you who hate my guts, I'm sure you can come up with something better by now.

Wink

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chara, Burrows show that we can all be friends. : Absolutely!  I have no problems engaging in a rousing discussion about hockey-related items. But c'mon, man!  Can I ask for a cease-and-desist on the whole "go set something on fire" knee-jerk response?  It's weak, it's infantile, and shows a complete lack of imagination.  Those of you who hate my guts, I'm sure you can come up with something better by now.

If it bothers you so much, why don't you just go riot again and burn your entire city down, and then you can bite each others fingers off, while you cry about the referees, in your Todd Bertuzzi jerseys, while you beat your dogs with hammers, and beg for money on Water St. like a bunch of dirty hippies while you boo Team Canada.

Wink

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chara, Burrows show that we can all be friends. : If it bothers you so much, why don't you just go riot again and burn your entire city down, and then you can bite each others fingers off, while you cry about the referees, in your Todd Bertuzzi jerseys, while you beat your dogs with hammers, and beg for money on Water St. like a bunch of dirty hippies while you boo Team Canada.

Been there, done that.  It's SO 2011.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chara, Burrows show that we can all be friends. : If it bothers you so much, why don't you just go riot again and burn your entire city down, and then you can bite each others fingers off, while you cry about the referees, in your Todd Bertuzzi jerseys, while you beat your dogs with hammers, and beg for money on Water St. like a bunch of dirty hippies while you boo Team Canada.

Great post, Fletch! HAHAHAHA!

Sections
Shortcuts