Chara for Conn Smythe?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from modest1. Show modest1's posts

Chara for Conn Smythe?

If Zdeno Chara continues to up his level of play, as he seems to be from one game to the next, he could end up with 8 G , 12 Asst, +30 and have played half of the playoffs...literally. That combined with shutting down the other teams best players shift after shift, game after game and all the little things he does to teams mojo and how they change there system around him........He is the difference. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from modest1. Show modest1's posts

Re: Chara for Conn Smythe?

I know it is more than un-likely but I feel we haven't seen Zdeno's best as of yet.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

If Patrice never got hurt, he'd have been the Bruins front runner for the Smythe. Second in points, number one in faceoffs, top ten in plus minus, and the best overall play by any forward in the playoffs up to this point.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from modest1. Show modest1's posts

In Response to Re: Chara for Conn Smythe?:
    [QUOTE]If Patrice never got hurt, he'd have been the Bruins front runner for the Smythe. Second in points, number one in faceoffs, top ten in plus minus, and the best overall play by any forward in the playoffs up to this point.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

Agreed, I was more or less trying to highlight Z's ability raise his game to a new level when called upon in big games and feel that we haven't seen his best yet. I am excited to see his intensity level increase as he gets closer to the cup. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Bergie.  In fact TT as well.
    Tbay- Rolie
    SJ- Joe
    Van- Kesler

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from brandonboys1. Show brandonboys1's posts

What Chara is doing is absolutely filthy!!! I'm not sure I have seen a more dominant defenseman in the playoffs in the last 10 years. It's incredible to watch an already superior athlete, go to an even higher level. I hope game 2 of the Habs series proved to the hockey world what we already knew; how utterly dominant and vital he is to this team. I love it!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]Bergie.  In fact TT as well. Tbay- Rolie SJ- Joe Van- Kesler
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]
    While I agree Kes is the frontrunner for Van he didn't really step up his game until 2 games ago. Imagine the numbers he'd have if he played the way he has the last 2 games the whol playoffs? That being said he has still played well he just wasn't getting points.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Bergeron (depends on time missed) could seriously win it on face offs alone. Game 3 he was 17-2 on feaceoffs and at last check he was 11-2 last night. Thats amazing. I'd like to see how his face off percentage this playoffs compares to other players in years past. Thats total dominance.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]What Chara is doing is absolutely filthy!!! I'm not sure I have seen a more dominant defenseman in the playoffs in the last 10 years. It's incredible to watch an already superior athlete, go to an even higher level. I hope game 2 of the Habs series proved to the hockey world what we already knew; how utterly dominant and vital he is to this team. I love it!
    Posted by brandonboys1[/QUOTE

Thats a joke right?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chara for Conn Smythe? : While I agree Kes is the frontrunner for Van he didn't really step up his game until 2 games ago. Imagine the numbers he'd have if he played the way he has the last 2 games the whol playoffs? That being said he has still played well he just wasn't getting points.
    Posted by callodthedom19[/QUOTE]

I would say the same thing about Chara.  he was very avg in round one likely b/c of the virus.  Played well in this series but isnt the front runner on his team.  Lord I am not even sure he has been our best dman.  I may reserve that for someone I am not a big fan of(Ference). 

Very valid pts on Kesler but he played his heart out against the Hawks.  I like Kesler a lot.  He earned my respect at the Olympics. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]I know it is more than un-likely but I feel we haven't seen Zdeno's best as of yet.
    Posted by modest1[/QUOTE]

I have been saying the same thing.  I think this round he stepped it up.  We will need him to dominate if we wanna win.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chara for Conn Smythe? : I would say the same thing about Chara.  he was very avg in round one likely b/c of the virus.  Played well in this series but isnt the front runner on his team.  Lord I am not even sure he has been our best dman.  I may reserve that for someone I am not a big fan of(Ference).  Very valid pts on Kesler but he played his heart out against the Hawks.  I like Kesler a lot.  He earned my respect at the Olympics. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]
    Agreed on all aspects and I might even put Seids up there as well. Maybe not ahead of Z but equal. Ference has been a monster for the B's. No way has Z been bigger than Bergie, TT, Krejci (Phi series). And Kesler, I could go on for days about him. It's amazing how much better he is when he shuts up and just plays. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lordy4. Show lordy4's posts

Seidenberg has been our best defenseman throughout the playoffs. He has been excellent from the start. Chara has picked his game up and if he continues to raise his level, he can get into the conversation for the Conn Smythe. Personally, I'd prefer to beat Tampa Bay and then worry about the Conn Smythe 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

[QUOTE]Seidenberg has been our best defenseman throughout the playoffs. He has been excellent from the start. Chara has picked his game up and if he continues to raise his level, he can get into the conversation for the Conn Smythe. Personally, I'd prefer to beat Tampa Bay and then worry about the Conn Smythe 
    Posted by lordy4[/QUOTE]
    Seidenberg has played very well at least as good as Chara.I think Bergeron has been the MVP though.It's such a blow having him injured,I don't think they can win it all without him.

Sections
Shortcuts