Chara gets respect on NHL.com(but not enough here)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Chara gets respect on NHL.com(but not enough here)

NHL.com has a new article picking eary season award candidates and Chara(along with Liles)was picked as the runner-up to Lidstrom for the Norris.Some jokers on here are calling for Charas head after last game.I prefer to agree with the experts at NHL.com instead of the "experts" that write some garbage here.Any thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Chara gets respect on NHL.com(but not enough here)

My thoughts:  Those that don't think Chara is worth every penny should spend more time knitting and less time talking about hockey.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Sorry, I guess I'll take up knitting!!!!!!! No way is he worth the money he makes. Chara can't handle speed. He is a good D-man and nothing more. I know someone will start posting stats and that's not good enough. The guy is not young anymore and his great days are behind him. He has little success in BIG GAMES!!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Chara gets respect on NHL.com(but not enough here):
    [QUOTE]Sorry, I guess I'll take up knitting!!!!!!! No way is he worth the money he makes. Chara can't handle speed. He is a good D-man and nothing more. I know someone will start posting stats and that's not good enough. The guy is not young anymore and his great days are behind him. He has little success in BIG GAMES!!!!!
    Posted by jwb413[/QUOTE]

Can you point to any specific instances where he played poorly in big games, or are you going with the pathetic argument of Game 7s record?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Sorry, I guess I'll take up knitting!!!!!!! No way is he worth the money he makes. Chara can't handle speed. He is a good D-man and nothing more. I know someone will start posting stats and that's not good enough. The guy is not young anymore and his great days are behind him. He has little success in BIG GAMES!!!!!
    Posted by jwb413[/QUOTE]
    Those dogs needs hats anyways.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

I'll just go with game seven's. They always seem to be the BIG GAMES!!!!!!!
    By the way he is a minus right now.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

i'll go with Game 7's too. but then you can say the same for the whole team, the past 3 seasons.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordBruin. Show LordBruin's posts

BiG Z is our BiG "C!" He is our founding father out there and we all need to show the love for Double 3!Smile

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottm50. Show scottm50's posts

He's just not worth 7 million...he wasn't worth 7 thousand against Philly last spring.  Coughs up the puck way too much, makes bad decisions with the puck, players are going around him like he is standing still this season...and he has the wingspan of a 747!!!  He is just not skating!! If 7 million for Chara is a good signing, Ryders contract is a steal. Chara is not playing with heart and thats what bothers me the most.  I won't even start on the "C" thats on his jersey...no leadership on the ice at all.  NHL.com that!!

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Trolls trolls trolls are so jealous and envious. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SteveM. Show SteveM's posts

the "experts":
    Clearly several posters think that the B's would be better positioned for extended success this year without Chara, Thomas, Recchi, Savard, Sturm, etc., etc. That would leave us all as P-Bruins fans..... Not there is anything wrong with that.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

[QUOTE]By the way he is a minus right now.
    Posted by jwb413[/QUOTE]

Um, no. He is second on the team behind Ference at +11.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

Just got home form the game and every time I see Chara play live I am reminded of his incredible impact whenever he is on the ice.  He is, with out any doubt, worth every penny of his contract. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

[QUOTE]He's just not worth 7 million...he wasn't worth 7 thousand against Philly last spring.  Coughs up the puck way too much, makes bad decisions with the puck, players are going around him like he is standing still this season...and he has the wingspan of a 747!!!  He is just not skating!! If 7 million for Chara is a good signing, Ryders contract is a steal. Chara is not playing with heart and thats what bothers me the most.  I won't even start on the "C" thats on his jersey...no leadership on the ice at all.  NHL.com that!!
    Posted by scottm50[/QUOTE]

Your comments are baseless quite frankly, and bordering on the absurd..
    Sorry but I will take the advice of people actually in hockey who know a little about the game ..NHL.Com that!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Ive never doubted big Z. I do think he would be much more effective with a skilled fast PMD/Offensive Dman. Like a Yandle or something.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

He is definitely one of the best Defensive Defensemen in the league. But he is not even close to one of the top Offensive Defensemen in the league, and at $7Mil, he should be. And he is not very good at moving the puck out of his end.

In 344 Regular games with the Bruins he has 199 points = .58ppg
    In 31 Playoff games with the Bruins he has 13 points = .42ppg

Just saying....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Ok NAS, Chara is a good DEFENSEman with his enormous poke check and Julien's system. But, Lately he is making too many questionable plays. Last Nite he "iced" the puck 7 times, twice on one shift. None were during a PK. Why blast the puck down for another faceoff in your own end?? He was out of position and late on Stamkos' goal. Fast opponents are turning him frequently and he often delays making a pass until it's too late or the receiving player is covered. These are what make his play and value questionable.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

[QUOTE] In 344 Regular games with the Bruins he has 199 points = .58ppg In 31 Playoff games with the Bruins he has 13 points = .42ppg Just saying....
    Posted by perrysound[/QUOTE]

While you're at it, please let me know the differential in goals per game in the playoffs and the regular season for the entire league. Let me know if that explains whatever paradox you believe exists.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

So dc, you've never look at stats, or have quoted / sourced them to support an argument? Wow, you are so altruistic, you should move straight to the Heavens all of Sports Talk and Discussion. I am so glad that I had a chance to converse with you, and will forever remember this day.

This is a statistical fact about the subject (Chara) we (as in those of us meddlesome mortals) were discussing. Not the entire league, but one player.

I bet you s**t Roses too.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

dc, maybe it's #4 for you.
    Paradox
    a statement or proposition that seems self-contradictory or absurd but in reality expresses a possible truth.
    a self-contradictory and false proposition.
    any person, thing, or situation exhibiting an apparentlycontradictory nature.
    an opinion or statement contrary to commonly accepted opinion

And a further Statistical anomaly about Chara. His goal totals drop from 0.13 pg, to 0.09 pg in the playoffs. 

I'm just saying.... 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chara gets respect on NHL.com(but not enough here) : Um, no. He is second on the team behind Ference at +11.
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey[/QUOTE]

Shhhhh, he's listening to the voices in his head.

My favorite Chara quote comes from another forum: "The 29 other GMs in the NHL would sell their grandmothers for Zdeno Chara."

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chara gets respect on NHL.com(but not enough here) : Shhhhh, he's listening to the voices in his head. My favorite Chara quote comes from another forum: "The 29 other GMs in the NHL would sell their grandmothers for Zdeno Chara."
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]
    But we've got"fans"on here who want to give him away.......crazy I tells ya.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottm50. Show scottm50's posts

He played like my grandmother against Philly!!!   Hahahaha, Pronger made him look so bad in that series...anyway guys, I will leave it at that. I am still ticked off from the devastating collapse last spring!!  Yes, he was a great defenceman at times in Boston but in my opinion he is not worth the kind of cash he is getting right now. Hopefully he can change my mind by June of this year!!!  Please change my mind Chara...take this team and lead them to a cup!!

Go Bruins!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]He played like my grandmother against Philly!!!   Hahahaha, Pronger made him look so bad in that series...anyway guys, I will leave it at that. I am still ticked off from the devastating collapse last spring!!  Yes, he was a great defenceman at times in Boston but in my opinion he is not worth the kind of cash he is getting right now. Hopefully he can change my mind by June of this year!!!  Please change my mind Chara...take this team and lead them to a cup!! Go Bruins!!
    Posted by scottm50[/QUOTE]
    Pronger is the NHL's most overrated player.Let's leave it at that.