Chara Great Game Tonite

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Re: Chara Great Game Tonite

In response to bgrif008's comment:

I hope your comment about Chara was made after only one minute of watching the game. Chara was on the ice for at least 4 of the goals tonight. And Rask goes down to his knees way too often. Even before this game he has. Tonight it caught up with him. He got burned from going down and or flopping. Ugly loss when I thought at 3-1 the B's should have had this one in the bag. They just got very undisciplined and loose in their play. You cant win them all, but I feel they let this one get away.

Agree with everthing you said,i guess there were some positives though i thought Seagan had good game,wasn't afraid to get his nose dirty,and Peverly had good game

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Did Rask go down "way too early" in the 5 wins, or just the loss? I'm curious.

Whatever he's doing has been working pretty well since he has a historically good save %.  But don't let that stop fair weather fans from shouting out the most obvious cliche about a butterfly goalie after the first loss of the year.

Chara was bad against the Sabres but is the Bruins best player.

Rask was totally left out to dry.  You should try to understand how the butterfly works though.  You have to beat Rask in the hardest areas to shoot at.  If you want to start saving every sniper shot at the top corners, get ready for a lot more goals to go in down low.

You see, goalies are smaller than the net.  So they have to play the percentages and cover the areas most likely to face shots.  With Rask that means he can get beat upstairs sometimes, and it's a lot easier to shoot upstairs when nobody is playing defense.  So you get 7 goals every now and then.  But you don't throw out the style that has led to the best save % ever.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

The only goalies who don't go down " way too early" nowadays are the tyke goalies just learning how to skate and the beer league oldtimers who are too fat, old and slow to get back up in time for the next save.

The butterfly style takes away the bottom of the night. What do people not understand about that ? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

The only goalies who don't go down " way too early" nowadays are the tyke goalies just learning how to skate and the beer league oldtimers who are too fat, old and slow to get back up in time for the next save.

The butterfly style takes away the bottom of the night. What do people not understand about that ? 

As long as they don't go down to early,i go back to Philly series when Rask was on his knees as soon as Philly came over blue line, and he was doing that in Sabres game i thought then it was fatique,such a skinny guy,don't no if he has the stamina to play so many games,i hope they give back up goalie a fair amount of games,but no it wasn't all his falt like Julian said defence played like they were brain dead.But it was one game so now take it out on leafs

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to kitchener's comment:

As long as they don't go down to early,i go back to Philly series when Rask was on his knees as soon as Philly came over blue line, and he was doing that in Sabres game i thought then it was fatique,such a skinny guy,don't no if he has the stamina to play so many games,i hope they give back up goalie a fair amount of games,but no it wasn't all his falt like Julian said defence played like they were brain dead.But it was one game so now take it out on leafs

Oh yeah, the year that he led the league in save %, right?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to kitchener's comment:

Oh yeah, the year that he led the league in save %, right?

Just pointing out observation