Chara: Green Light given for Police Investigation

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Re: Chara: Green Light given for Police Investigation

In Response to Re: Chara: Green Light given for Police Investigation:
    [QUOTE]Bruins, I made a list last week which was very similar to yours.  I don't think visors/cages will work.  You know whats funny.  I bet if players didnt wear helmets maybe more of this debate would be gone as well.  Its a flip side to the argument but think about it. The rules that were put in place was to sell the game to make money.  Problem is the NHL and doctors are making a killing.  They want a fast paced game.  They don't want it slowed down or they would put no touch icing in.  Its for the fans not the players.  1. Put the center ice back in. 2. No Touch icing. 3. Let the goalies play the puck. 4. Allow for some dmen hold up. 5. They reduced goalie equipment.  Do a review on the gear in the league and go back to smaller/padded equipment. 6. go back to wood sticks(again-sexy for fans with the hard shots-more goals). 7. maybe look at bigger rinks(wider). 8. increase length of 1st time offense to 5 games. then times 2 each additional offense and harsher fines.  The players make great money.  Tell me a 5 gamer with 5% salary cut wouldnt make them smarten up.  The next offense they get 10 games and 10% salary cut.  The games missed mean nothing to them.  Its their paychecks you gotta hit.  And with this fine the club 250,000 for 1st offense and then times two for every event.  Maybe they wouldnt be so quick to sign the Matt Cooke's of the league
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

1. Never put the redline back in. Game has improved dramatically
    2. Hate no touch icing, but I suppose its time to continue wussifying the game for "saftey's sake."
    3. Let the goalies play the puck anywhere... but remove their ability to used a curved stick.  I can tell you an an old goalie that their ability to handle the puck incresed 1000% with a curved goal stick.
    5. reduce the armor quality of shoulder and elbow pads
    6.  New composite sticks are so much nicer- never happen
    7. NHL rinks losing premium seating??? $$$??? never happen

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

bruinscountry...i read the list again(shupes), the only rule change i think would help slow the game down is reinstating the red line. the athletes are much bigger, faster and stronger(as a whole)- than in the past.  but even reinstating the red line does not affect the speed of the player doing the hitting. watch video of games 10-15 years before and the game is played at a snails pace compared to today. sounds counter-productive to take equipment off of players in order to protect them? the helmet is the key... think about it, as soon as everyone was wearing a helmet in the league- guys became fearless. that is the reason we see guys taking runs at one another. but back to what i just said...how do you take the helmets off the players and become safer? its a catch-22 situation

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Shupe, absolutely great post. We need more of them. Glad to read your [justice] comments on the police merely following a complaint. Totally agree on the incorrigable media hypsters- absolutely shameful. Wish our thoughts could grace the front pages. Also, am amazed that any "Corporate" spokesperson could make such inane statements public. If Air Canada wants to log their concerns on head injuries, let them go directly to Gary bettman. Much more proffessional than fanning the flames of a stupid controversy. I'm one from the old school who is convinced that full face masks in minor and college are partly responsible for the increase in head and upper body injuries. Also, as you stated, armor plated elbow and shoulder pads need to go away.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

There must be an election coming up, or someone is looking for a promotion.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattman1447. Show mattman1447's posts

Montreal's a complete joke...get over it already!!!...to quote Elvis Costello..."Accidents will happen"...the hit wasn't by any means malicious. Maybe this will give the NHL a chance to redesign that dangerous area of the rink but I seriously doubt it.

Get off of Chara's back...we got a game to play here!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

embarrsing. I live in Montreal and have been trashing people at work all day about this. GO BRUINS

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=357385

Oh Geez.  GB fires back!  Something is getting burned for sure.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmikebruins8. Show mrmikebruins8's posts

hab fans suck and monteal police got nothing better to do plus the fans dont like chara there anyway face it the guy got hurt he new he could get hurt but he wanted to play the game maybe the nhl can change the rules so that if any hab gets hit during a bruins -habs game should be arrested and charged with assault with intent to injure

Sections
Shortcuts