Chara Hospitalized - Dehydration

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from gardenbees. Show gardenbees's posts

Chara Hospitalized - Dehydration

Let's hope this is nothing and he can play tonight!

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/hockey/bruins/view.bg?articleid=1331145&pos=breaking

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from john-88. Show john-88's posts

Re: Chara Hospitalized - Dehydration

You Just be me to the post but yes I hope he's ok too

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

"But according to one source, he was feeling poorly in the afternoon and went into the hospital to receive fluids."

That's not a big deal at all.  This is more of a "breaking news" story than it is a story.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

In Response to Re: Chara Hospitalized - Dehydration:
    [QUOTE]"But according to one source, he was feeling poorly in the afternoon and went into the hospital to receive fluids." That's not a big deal at all.  This is more of a "breaking news" story than it is a story.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    god i hope your right nas cause that is easy excuse for this team if they lose u know

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

[QUOTE]"But according to one source, he was feeling poorly in the afternoon and went into the hospital to receive fluids." That's not a big deal at all.  This is more of a "breaking news" story than it is a story.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Agreed.  I fully expect him to play tonight.  IV's do the body good!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Based on Wednesday night and his playoff track record he wouldn't be missed that much.  I'd like to see how Bartkowski responds to playoff hockey.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]Based on Wednesday night and his playoff track record he wouldn't be missed that much.  I'd like to see how Bartkowski responds to playoff hockey.
    Posted by bim09[/QUOTE]

Thats a good one. Did you watch Bartkowski play earlier this year ? Overwhelmed comes to mind.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

My first thought was mind games.  Give the people something else to talk about.  He will play. IV's are excellent. Wish I could have one everyday for breakfast.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]My first thought was mind games.  Give the people something else to talk about.  He will play. IV's are excellent. Wish I could have one everyday for breakfast.  
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

LOL, me too !!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

There were more than a few people that said Chara didn't look right Thursday. He'll play but Jacques Martin is going to make him work harder by dumping the puck to Chara's corner constantly good sub plot to this series.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I think this is just plain weird.

How the heck did he let himself get dehydrated?

Chara is super into working out - so am I, but I am horrible and a miserable failure at it.  One of the basic tools is a body fat scale.

How many of you have one?

I just don't see how the heck Chara let himself get dehydrated to that degree.

The warning signs are all over the freakin place, surely he must weigh himself frequently, take his vitals regularly.

It's equally not as big a deal as dehydration, but he might have caught a bit of a stomach virus and when stuff comes out both ends of the body in a hurry you get dehydrated in a hurry.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I would believe he has the flu more than i can believe he was dehydrated. I mean pro atheletes are taught to drink lots of fluids and that was his first game after not playing for a few days ( games that is ). Chara did look a little off but something seems fishy. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]I would believe he has the flu more than i can believe he was dehydrated. I mean pro atheletes are taught to drink lots of fluids and that was his first game after not playing for a few days ( games that is ). Chara did look a little off but something seems fishy. 
    Posted by 50belowzero[/QUOTE]

Right.  I'm with you, it does seem fishy, it might be something other than a flu as well, food poisoning or something or other, but whatever it is, it's not that serious.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

It could be stress-induced diarrhea and vomiting.  It could literally be an issue of intestinal fortitude.  I hope that isn't it, but it really isn't that far-fetched of an idea.

Whatever the issue, I hope that he is on top of his game tonight.  I believe that the Bruins need to win this game to make it out of the first round.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

[QUOTE]There were more than a few people that said Chara didn't look right Thursday. He'll play but Jacques Martin is going to make him work harder by dumping the puck to Chara's corner constantly good sub plot to this series.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Yes he didn't seem to be himself for game one got pushed around by Montreal midgets,hopefully heels feeling better tonight,because if they loose,get out the brooms.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from gardenbees. Show gardenbees's posts

When I first saw this, I thought, again?  Didn't this just happen to him last month or am I mixing him up with someone else?  So I searched the Bruins blog and Claude did give him the day off because of flu-like symptons/dehydration.  This was just a few days after THAT Habs game at the Belle Center.

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/extras/bruins_blog/2011/03/sick_day_for_ch.html

I remember last year he said during the playoffs that he was 'nervous'.  I hope this isn't the case this time around to the point that it's making him ill.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]When I first saw this, I thought, again?  Didn't this just happen to him last month or am I mixing him up with someone else?  So I searched the Bruins blog and Claude did give him the day off because of flu-like symptons/dehydration.  This was just a few days after THAT Habs game at the Belle Center. http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/extras/bruins_blog/2011/03/sick_day_for_ch.html I remember last year he said during the playoffs that he was 'nervous'.  I hope this isn't the case this time around to the point that it's making him ill.  
    Posted by gardenbees[/QUOTE]

Oh here we go.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Miracle Max was seen in the grassy knoll on Causeway...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from gardenbees. Show gardenbees's posts

Just a thought of concern guys, nothing more....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Just a thought of concern guys, nothing more....
    Posted by gardenbees[/QUOTE]

Also known as a BS conspiracy theory, in an attempt to raise concern when there is none.

Pathetic.

The guy said he was nervous before a big game...last year.  (Many of the best players in the history of all sports have said the same.)    This year he stops by the hospital for dehydration.  Hmmm, maybe they are related. 

I heard that he drives a black truck sometimes.  He also has a very hard shot.  The puck is black.  He must not like his truck very much.  You know, just a thought of concern.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

[QUOTE]It could be stress-induced diarrhea and vomiting.  It could literally be an issue of intestinal fortitude.  I hope that isn't it, but it really isn't that far-fetched of an idea. Whatever the issue, I hope that he is on top of his game tonight.  I believe that the Bruins need to win this game to make it out of the first round.
    Posted by Mutant211[/QUOTE]

maybe he's worried about crossing the border to Canada....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBostonBruins. Show TheBostonBruins's posts

Big Z was hospitalized? Do they even make hospital beds that long? They probably had to push two beds together, end-to-end.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from olsonstephanie. Show olsonstephanie's posts

He's got gastro.  What else can it be?  He'll end up playing but will sleep his butt off all day Sunday. 

C'mon Z ... we need you too put someone thru the boards!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

No Chara = no win

Too many on these boards don't get what this guy brings to this team. Even in the lineup tonight, he will likely not have the same jump.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Nothing to worry about.

Being hospitalized and then not playing game 2, no big deal.

Nope.  No story here.

Sections
Shortcuts