Chara infront on the PP

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheShepherd. Show TheShepherd's posts

Chara infront on the PP

We need the Zdeno Chara that played in Ottawa. Averaging over 130 PIM's, and having a +/- in the 30's.. and used to stand at the top of the crease on the power play.

Chara has been a pylon, and i dont think im the only one who has questioned his leadership capabilites.  I dont know if its cause hes getting older, or if julien doesnt want him sitting int he box, but the chara that used to fight, was the $7 million hero we wanted.

The power play has struggled. And i think they have tried everything.  Excpet for chara in front like he did many times in Ottawa. I dont know if anyone saw Pronger doing the "avery like" screen, but Phili wasnt scared to put him down there.
    I would love to see this:

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruin1972. Show Bruin1972's posts

Re: Chara infront on the PP

In Response to Chara infront on the PP:
    We need the Zdeno Chara that played in Ottawa. Averaging over 130 PIM's, and having a +/- in the 30's.. and used to stand at the top of the crease on the power play. Chara has been a pylon, and i dont think im the only one who has questioned his leadership capabilites.  I dont know if its cause hes getting older, or if julien doesnt want him sitting int he box, but the chara that used to fight, was the $7 million hero we wanted. The power play has struggled. And i think they have tried everything.  Excpet for chara in front like he did many times in Ottawa. I dont know if anyone saw Pronger doing the "avery like" screen, but Phili wasnt scared to put him down there. I would love to see this:
    Posted by TheShepherd

I agree that Chara is being underutilized; yes he should park himself in front and screen the goalie; he would probably occupy a couple of opponents and create havoc in front. CJ needs to come out of the shell and have his team take chances rather than worry about what if.
    I believe that's the reason NJ let him go. He's one track mind.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

I would give that a go again even though the B's have tried that on occassion.. But we have Lucic that can do the samething why doesn't he park himself there?  I love looch but sometimes I think he is trying to be to finesse whhich he is not.  He needs to get himself more garbage goals.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

If putting a huge body in front of the net was a good idea, Boogaard and John Scott would be $5M players.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from yep123. Show yep123's posts

I like this idea, it definitely worked in Ottawa....he can't lug the puck, its almost embarassing to watch, and keeping it in the zone might be even more embarassing!!!  have him plant out front & plug away; just hope an errand Boychuck bomb doesnt snap his ankle hhahaa.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheShepherd. Show TheShepherd's posts

In Response to Re: Chara infront on the PP:
    If putting a huge body in front of the net was a good idea, Boogaard and John Scott would be $5M players.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Your right... It may not be a good idea. But we have a $7 mil player we need to get more out of.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

yes that lasted for a little while in Ottawa but he was soon put back at the point.
    The PP needs a quarterback, a player that can bring the puck across (instead of dump in) and setup. It's worked okay with one of the forwards doing this but Bruins are back to struggling.  This setup, carry the puck player is best if it's a d-man although if Savvy get healthy and in game shape fast it could work.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

I said this for the past 3 seasons when the PP struggled. I don't expect that for every PP. Just on games where they can't get nothing going. However, it's useless to have anyone in front of the net if the shots don't get through. The other thing is. I have a feeling that the guys on the PP are too afraid to get in front of Z's shot. I mean the guy broke a teammates femer! One of the strongest bones in the body! That's even with protection in the area.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

If Boogard had hands that were useful than it would be a good idea.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Marc627. Show Marc627's posts

i understand the thought procees of putting him infront of the net but how do you utilize the hardest shot in the nhl hes almost to big to be put in front of the net his stick is to long to reachg those intight rebound chances put lucic there or something leave chara alone

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

The Bruin PP needs some movement. Plain and simple. Planting a big tree in front of the net won't help if everyone is standing still and passing the puck to each other.

Bruins make it easy on the other team's PK by passing the puck around with nobody moving. The opposition gets a breather.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

not a bad idea

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

Sections
Shortcuts