Chara injury

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Chara injury

Looks like a torn ligament of the left knee. Let's hope it works out to be just a sprain.

Here's your chance Steve Kampfer.

And here's Johnny Boychuk's chance to take his game up a notch.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Re: Chara injury

[QUOTE]Looks like a torn ligament of the left knee. Let's hope it works out to be just a sprain. Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]

Is that a guess or has something been released already?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dalexander2424. Show dalexander2424's posts

My guess is a lower body injury...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

"walking without noticeable discomfort" give me hope.  Sprain or strain.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

Just hope its not season ending. We lose Z for any amount of time it clearly hurts us big time but if we don't have him for the playoffs there is no way we can repeat. Fingers crossed for Z.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

If he was walking without noticeable discomfort, it does not appear to be a tear. However, the result is reality. With Kamfer as the fill-in, does Chiarelli make a move? Boychuck has played better, but was a little shaky without Chara last nite. Those of us who have been zapping Corvo had to eat some words when he scored twice last night, although that is what he was hired to do, so there would still be a large defensive gap if Chara is out for any time. Ferense does play steady, but still gets bumped around by bigger forwards.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Did anyone see what actually happened? Replays on TV of any kind, or was it missed by the camera's?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Chara injury:
    [QUOTE]Did anyone see what actually happened? Replays on TV of any kind, or was it missed by the camera's?
    Posted by 4everbruins[/QUOTE]

http://video.thescore.com/watch/chara-gets-hurt

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Did anyone see what actually happened? Replays on TV of any kind, or was it missed by the camera's?
    He got hit in the side of the thigh by Vermette. It looked innocent enough at full speed but the replay showed his knee bend a little sideways......usually not a good thing.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

NESN had the replay before the game was over... and NHL network had it after. It clearly showed Chara's knee buckle inward on an open ice hit.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BorisTheGorilla. Show BorisTheGorilla's posts

Damn ... Kaberle has already been picked up!  Just kidding.  I hope it's just a knee sprain and 1-2 weeks.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I don't think I'll be seeing him in Ottawa Wednesday.
    If he wasn't on crutches I don't think it was major.  Like many of you have been saying,  strain, sprain or maybe stretched ligament.
    He's irreplaceable and long term Kampfer is not the answer.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Doesnt look serious, more to the lower hip maybe, precaution. maybe.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

That one scares me. The fact that he was walking means nothing. It could be minor, it could be major. I hope he is OK. He is irreplaceable.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

Bleacher report reports the Z man was seen walking around with no sign of discomfort after the game. still dont know for sure but lets hope he's ok. Zeee is a well conditioned athlete and very strong to say the least...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from orr4neely8. Show orr4neely8's posts

If it was torn lig. he would be helped off the ice and taking the third period off is responsible for both Chara and coaching. Last thing a person with injury is put more distress on the damage area. Get the trainer to work on it immediately ice, cold beer and maintain the damage area from escalating to a higher problem. The season is still not half way through, I  will not panic Yet!. Chara is a strong and healthy but when a body is affect below the hip area or above head anything is possible.

It's good thing Chara is tall because nobody is tall enough to give big Z a head shot. He did not put on diving show like some players can do.

Things happen that we don't expect, that what makes life a box of choclates...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chara injury : http://video.thescore.com/watch/chara-gets-hurt
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Sure looks like a possible inside knee ligament/MCL injury. Hard to judge the severity looking at the replay, but if he was walking around after the game, you would think it can't be all that bad. Here's hoping it isn't......

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

You can tear ligaments and still walk. I hope he is OK.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from john6345. Show john6345's posts

He got hit higher up the leg on the thigh so maybe a charley horse?.But the way his leg buckled it probably is knee related.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

It sure looked like a knee in the slo-mo.

However, until they do an MRI, I doubt that they can be sure.  I watched David Booth's injury when he was kneed by Porter, and saw his knee buckle, but it ended up being a sprained MCL, rather than a tear (and it looked worse than Z's).

On the other hand, I've seen torn ACLs where the dislocation of the knee has been barely discernable.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from grizzlybear69. Show grizzlybear69's posts

What I seen was a knee to the inside of His leg half way between His knee and thigh.Thinking charley horse.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Chara injury : I never thought you were a troll before, but it looks like you are one in the eyes of the board now.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII[/QUOTE]

You made me laugh more than your avatar!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

[QUOTE]What I seen was a knee to the inside of His leg half way between His knee and thigh.Thinking charley horse.
    Posted by grizzlybear69[/QUOTE]

You are correct, the point of contact was half way up.

However, that displaced the knee joint more than if it had been lower. Even a displacement of a quarter an inch can tear ligments and cartilage, especially if the leg is planted firmly, as Chara's was.

Let's hope for the best.

Sections
Shortcuts