Chara injury

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Chara injury

Tough news for such an important player. 

No, they aren't going to make a trade to over the ice for six games or so.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

Sounds like they got lucky.  Missing a few games is fine.  NAS is right.  No need to make a trade.

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/extras/bruins_blog/2011/12/zdeno_chara_to.html?p1=Well_Sports_links

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

I just went back and replayed the episode where the injury took place.

Good news: Chara actually got up and joined the play at the other end, and even took a pass and made a pass and then went off.

Therefore, it is unlikely that it is a tear or a bad strain. He would not have been able to skate, period.

My guess, now, is a very mild strain of the knee or a mild charley horse.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from orr4neely8. Show orr4neely8's posts

I mention earlier it would not be that bad if he can get up on his own. Chara may be a big man but irresponsible and egocentric is not his way of thinking. The news is good he will be out for one week or maybe the gm. with PHX. after xmas, Big Z will be ready to play lets not rush him back lets see what our, " d  can do w/o the babysitter".

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Chara injury:
    [QUOTE]Sounds like they got lucky.  Missing a few games is fine.  NAS is right.  No need to make a trade. http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/extras/bruins_blog/2011/12/zdeno_chara_to.html?p1=Well_Sports_links
    Posted by jalvis[/QUOTE]

Sux cause I won't see him play in Ottawa Wednesday !
    On the otherhand will not have to hear those annoying boos everytime he touches the puck.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

thank God for the recent win streak!....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I predict a spike in our GAA next few games.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

i just hope Double T isn't injured also....

find it strange that CJ would pull the reigning Conn Smythe winner after just 3 goals on 25 shots....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]i just hope Double T isn't injured also.... find it strange that CJ would pull the reigning Conn Smythe winner after just 3 goals on 25 shots....
    Posted by days-of-Orr[/QUOTE]
    I think it was more about TT's body language than injury. He looked to be fighting the puck a bit. It happens sometimes (even to the best).

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]It sure looked like a knee in the slo-mo. However, until they do an MRI, I doubt that they can be sure.  I watched David Booth's injury when he was kneed by Porter, and saw his knee buckle, but it ended up being a sprained MCL, rather than a tear (and it looked worse than Z's). On the other hand, I've seen torn ACLs where the dislocation of the knee has been barely discernable.
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]
    Any word on how long he's out? That hit was needlessly reckless if not downright dirty. I'm glad to hear Booth wasn't more seriously injured.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Surprised no one mentioned that our offense is still not producing... 3 of those 5 goals last night were from our defense. Is Corvo going to score all of our goals while Chara is sidelined?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

[QUOTE]Surprised no one mentioned that our offense is still not producing... 3 of those 5 goals last night were from our defense. Is Corvo going to score all of our goals while Chara is sidelined?
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey[/QUOTE]
    what? offense not producing? TWO games out of the last 18 they had trouble finding the back of the net. and give a little credit to the goalies they faced, they were spectacular. so no i'm not surprised no one mentioned that the offense is not producing. silly talk. btw, d-man are supposed to be part of the offense. it's not like they stop at center ice and don't enter the offensive zone.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chara injury : Any word on how long he's out? That hit was needlessly reckless if not downright dirty. I'm glad to hear Booth wasn't more seriously injured.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Last I heard was 4-5 weeks for a sprained MCL.

I would classify the hit as reckless;  "dirty" presumes intent, and Porter doesn't have that rep.  In fact, the major + game he got for the hit were his first PIMs this  season (14 games).  But he clearly saw that Booth was moving into a dangerous scoring position, and because his angle wasn't correct, led with his knee, and caught Booth's right knee.  If he was going to take a penalty to negate a scoring chance, his best option would probably have been to slash Booth's stick and break it in half, rather than risking the dangerous knee-to-knee.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

as reported in ESPN

"Captain Zdeno Chara is doing better than he expected after he suffered a lower-body injury during Saturday's 5-3 victory over the Blue Jackets in Columbus, but he did not practice Monday and likely won't play Tuesday against the Los Angeles Kings at TD Garden.

But he's optimistic he won't miss too much time.

"There's no timeframe when I'm going to be back, but most likely I won't be playing tomorrow," Chara said. "Honestly, it's in a stage where we can't talk about anything more than 24 hours ahead."

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Video : Chara talks about his injury.

http://nhlbruins.tumblr.com/

Sections
Shortcuts