Chara is a leader

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Re: Chara is a leader

Why can't they do that every game?

Because it is physically and mentally  impossible.. Are you perfect or give 100% everyday at your job ?  I want to hire you..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Yes till the Bruins lose a game and the other half of the posters spewing hate towards Chara.  Crazy !
    Agree with what Cowboy is syaing.  The Bruins will be and have been up and down. Maybe it has to do with the structure a coach like Julien brings. It's a lot in the Bruins players mind to take . All that thinking has them playing hot and cold ?
    Look at Lucic for example, the kid is struggling, maybe because he's thinking too much ?  Not playing his game.
    Come playoff time it was totally different,  60 mins efforts all the way, just pure energy .

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Never a doubt about Chara.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Who's better over all than Chara in the league ?  He gives you physical presence, always, and has one of the most feared shots in the league. His reach with his stick has to be the best reach in the league of any D men. He's strong as bull. Does he play intense every nite ? Most likely not, but you can say that just about anybody in the league in an 82 game season. And he has decent speed. Always a Norris consideration....Nuff said !!  Glad we have him....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from fordprefect. Show fordprefect's posts

Big goal!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Stuke,

Do you really want me to list who is better overall than him in the league?

No one should ever have to write a blog about the captain leading.  Yes I rip on him from time to time but I think the reason I rip on him is b/c I know he is better when he hits and stops trying to be this offensively gifted player.  I love that he can chip in and get pts. But thats not his game.  His game is to use his freak like size to his advantage.  No, I don't want him fighting every game. But I think the 7.5 million they are paying him was for a product from pre-2006.  Which was an overall game like you mentioned.

Anyway, I have said my piece about Z until I am blue in the face.  I will continue to say that should he ever find the Chris Pronger/Scott Stevens mind set that we would be watching a parade in Beantown.  Until then he is just a steady player.  But for the bucks we are paying him we should have an elite player.  He makes a little less than Ovie/Sid for example. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Shup,
    I agree, I think he may be the best available defensemen right now, but he's not elite.. They really aren't any "elite" defensemen in the league at this point who are in there prime is kind of my feeling.. There was a lot of talk about that when chara won the norris..

As far as the idea that its ok to just take nights off though (not yours) thats rediculous, its far to big a problem with this team.. Chara has the skill to make things happen.. There are less skilled players working there butts off everynight..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Chara is a leader:
    [QUOTE]Stuke, Do you really want me to list who is better overall than him in the league? No one should ever have to write a blog about the captain leading.  Yes I rip on him from time to time but I think the reason I rip on him is b/c I know he is better when he hits and stops trying to be this offensively gifted player.  I love that he can chip in and get pts. But thats not his game.  His game is to use his freak like size to his advantage.  No, I don't want him fighting every game. But I think the 7.5 million they are paying him was for a product from pre-2006.  Which was an overall game like you mentioned. Anyway, I have said my piece about Z until I am blue in the face.  I will continue to say that should he ever find the Chris Pronger/Scott Stevens mind set that we would be watching a parade in Beantown.  Until then he is just a steady player.  But for the bucks we are paying him we should have an elite player.  He makes a little less than Ovie/Sid for example. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]
    Not to be picky Shupe but is there anyone in Boston that's worth what they get in your eyes?Bergeron ,Lucic,Chara,etc.all don't do enough for their pay grade(according to you).Seems like everyone must be overpaid then.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

every team has overpaid players. it could be worse. gomez 7.4 mil, komisarek 4.5 mil. luongo's gonna make 10 mil next yr and people are on here complaining about tt's 6 mil.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosismooses. Show mosismooses's posts

Chara is an overhyped & overpaid Hal Gill. One difference though is that Gill has his name engraved on the Cup. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

I will make a interesting d men break down contract value:

Campbell             7.150 mill
    Chara                    7.0 mill (next year)
    Boumeester         6.6 mill
    Dan Boyle           6.7 mill
    Timonen             6.4 mill
    Jovanoski           6.5 mill
    Rafalski              6.0 mill

Other Notes to take in consideration:

Green       5.3 mill (is he up the same d man standards as Chara NO)
    Markov     5.8 mill  ( injured again done for season)
    Pronger     5.0 mill  (injured will be back)

Possible Future Big Contracts:

Doughty, Weber and Byfuglien

My personally opinion Chara is definitely worth the contract if we take a reality check. If the bruins can some how this draft get the Larson kid and is being compare to the next Lidstrom. With Chara's experience and hopefully a young stud like Larson on the blueline can be a potential dangerous pairing.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Mosis,
    I agree with that in a lot of ways..Chara is a better overall player, more skilled skater etc.. but

Gill is a better shot blocker, but hes been alot deeper in the playoffs then chara.

I have thought in the past though about how much fans ran Gill out of town for being sucha massive body, and not being a mean player..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Mosis, I agree with that in a lot of ways..Chara is a better overall player, more skilled skater etc.. but Gill is a better shot blocker, but hes been alot deeper in the playoffs then chara. I have thought in the past though about how much fans ran Gill out of town for being sucha massive body, and not being a mean player..
    Posted by rolerhoky19[/QUOTE]
    Gill is underrated but shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence as Chara unless you're discussing tall players.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Dez,
    hes not the offensive player chara is, defensively its certainly close, hes also been alot deeper in the play offs, at less than 1/3 the cost..

Chara is a better player, but it doesnt change we accept things from chara, we didnt accept from gill

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Dez, hes not the offensive player chara is, defensively its certainly close, hes also been alot deeper in the play offs, at less than 1/3 the cost.. Chara is a better player, but it doesnt change we accept things from chara, we didnt accept from gill
    Gill was part of a supporting cast in Pitt when they won the cup.There's lots of D-men that have been further than Chara in the playoffs.It's got nothing to do with what Chara does in the overall scheme of things.Leighton and Boucher have been further in the playoffs than TT.Does that have any relevance as to who's the better goalie?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from niftybear. Show niftybear's posts

Yes, it's absolutely possible to give 100 pct every game. Nobody ever said anything about being perfect. I think Cowboy is lumping 100 pct effort with not making mistakes. Everyone makes mistakes and and can't be in the zone all the time but giving 100 pct of what you have on any given night is reasonable to ask. Terry O'Reilly is an example of what I mean. Even CJ mentioned how the lines are not consistent every night like other teams have.

Chara for me has tried so many times to lead on the ice, either by ramping up the physical or pressing the attack. His value is how he absolutely scares forwards in the D zone when they are along the boards. I see so much flinching it's comical. Everyone has a right to their opinion but Z's haters will never convince me he's not worth his money. BTW, I wasn't ponting fingers at anyone with this post, just plugging Chara.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Dez,
    I think your forgetting he did it with montreal as well last year, and he was great.

I am not saying he was a better player he's certainly not.. But your still not responding to the fact the Gill was ran out of town for playing a soft game, and chara's got a pretty fat contract for a guy who doesn't play any meaner...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Dez, I think your forgetting he did it with montreal as well last year, and he was great. I am not saying he was a better player he's certainly not.. But your still not responding to the fact the Gill was ran out of town for playing a soft game, and chara's got a pretty fat contract for a guy who doesn't play any meaner...
    If you don't think Chara plays any meaner than Gill then I don't know what to think anymore.Gill plays a Wheeler style physical game in that he'll hit people some but doesn't want it to be so hard that he may have to fight over it.Chara plays against everyone the same.I always felt gill got a bad  rap in Boston but that doesn't mean I think  he's half the player Chara is. P.S.-Montreal may have made the semis but they did worse against Philly than we did so I won't judge the 2 players based solely upon who had more playoff games.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

C'mon roler, really?  People may have included "not physical" in the list of reasons to run Gill out of town, but it was a long list.  Gill is a bottom-pairing defenseman or at best, as when he played with Bourque, he's a shot-blocking compliment to a complete defenseman who can range all over the ice.  He has no offensive game at all, and, unlike Chara, the problem with his physical game is that he just doesn't have one - can't do it - whereas Chara can but doesn't do it enough.  Gill's a better shot blocker because under the new rules, it's the only tool in his toolbox.  He's not knocking anyone off the puck and he's not quick enough to get into passing lanes.  The Habs got to the third round because of Halak and Camellieri - Gill did what Gill does and went along for the ride.

Mike Commodore has been deep in the playoffs just like Gill.  Does that make him better than Chara?  Would Pittsburgh or Montreal not have gone as far if they had Chara instead of Gill?  And let's not forget Chara came within a crushing game 7 loss (on bad goaltending) of making the finals with a (much-less talented-than-Gill's-Penguins) Senator team in 2002-2003.  And he was a top-pairing D man at the time.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

BB,
    I never said he was better then chara, i said the opposite.. But Gill was run out because a guy his size not taking the body, doesnt play in boston..

We watch chara do it night after night on most occasions with little criticism from the fans..

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Not to mention this thread is "chara is a leader"
    based on him playing a better game last night, but when he plays an awful game the night before thomas gets to take all the heat for a loss??  Chara is a good player, he is the best player on the bruins at his position skill wise.. I personally don't think he should be the captain of this team, I don't think he gives his best every night, and he certainly doesnt play to his ability every night..  Thats not to say the team isnt better with him, or that he is a bad player, but he avoids the criticism for playing soft that got gill driven out of town, avoids the criticism for a crap game cause fans can to easily turn on thomas, and then the bruins win one and he's the leader of this team??

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

i heard gill was in the running for the norris this year. nevermind, that was just on rds. in the real world he's a 4-6 dman.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtassinarisoccer. Show jtassinarisoccer's posts

After the canadiens game he was trash?? Which is it?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Gill was only good at one thing in Boston and that was playing against Jagr. Now that he's gone im not even sure how Gill is still in the NHL.

I was stoked when he went to the Canadiens because I would get to see him trip over his own feet and let the bruins forwards fly by. Granted he's become alot steadier since his time here.

When I first began to love big Z as a player it was when he Kicked the crap out of gill in the Garden in that Bos vs Ott game. I remember going I wish he was on the B's. Now I wish Chara was the same guy he was in that game.

Sections
Shortcuts