Chara is a leader

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Chara is a leader

In Response to Re: Chara is a leader:
    [QUOTE]Not to mention this thread is "chara is a leader" based on him playing a better game last night, but when he plays an awful game the night before thomas gets to take all the heat for a loss??  Chara is a good player, he is the best player on the bruins at his position skill wise.. I personally don't think he should be the captain of this team, I don't think he gives his best every night, and he certainly doesnt play to his ability every night..  Thats not to say the team isnt better with him, or that he is a bad player, but he avoids the criticism for playing soft that got gill driven out of town, avoids the criticism for a crap game cause fans can to easily turn on thomas, and then the bruins win one and he's the leader of this team??
    Posted by rolerhoky19[/QUOTE]
    Are you saying you missed the anti-Chara posts after the Habs game?There were plenty here to read.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Dez- to answer your question.  No i definitely do not believe Chara is worth a contract that is close to par with some of the leagues best players and that pays him into his 40's.  Sorry...I just don't like that.  Lucic's deal in my eyes was premature.  I still stick to that statement.  But considering he is a top 6 fwd I can live with it.  Bergie. again, top 6 fwd.  Pts arent there and you comparing him to Pavel Dats is a very similar comparison to Gill/Chara don't ya think.  And I apologize if I am putting words in your mouth

For those of you who think Gill is a bottom feeder you better start watching him.  I think he should have been given the C in montreal.  He shut down Sid and Ovie in the playoffs and was a big piece in Pitts run to the cup.  He is a shut down dman who might be the best shot blocker in the league.  Had our captain stepped it up like Gill we may have made the cup final.  Gill was simply amazing. Gill vs Chara defensively is very close, in fact I may give the edge to Gill b/c of his success in the playoffs and where he has LEAD his team.  Offensively its not a question.  Gill avg 21 mins a night and plays a very similar role to Chara in those respects.  Chara sets himself apart with a sometimes visible phyical game and the obvious perks of PP time and pts.

I actually don't rip Chara, I just want the player that Ottawa had not that long ago.  I just feel that if Chara developed that mean streak this team would ride that leadership a lot further.  I don't believe he is a good captain until he does this. The proof is in the sample size we have. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Dez- to answer your question.  No i definitely do not believe Chara is worth a contract that is close to par with some of the leagues best players and that pays him into his 40's.  Sorry...I just don't like that.  Lucic's deal in my eyes was premature.  I still stick to that statement.  But considering he is a top 6 fwd I can live with it.  Bergie. again, top 6 fwd.  Pts arent there and you comparing him to Pavel Dats is a very similar comparison to Gill/Chara don't ya think.  And I apologize if I am putting words in your mouth For those of you who think Gill is a bottom feeder you better start watching him.  I think he should have been given the C in montreal.  He shut down Sid and Ovie in the playoffs and was a big piece in Pitts run to the cup.  He is a shut down dman who might be the best shot blocker in the league.  Had our captain stepped it up like Gill we may have made the cup final.  Gill was simply amazing. Gill vs Chara defensively is very close, in fact I may give the edge to Gill b/c of his success in the playoffs and where he has LEAD his team.  Offensively its not a question.  Gill avg 21 mins a night and plays a very similar role to Chara in those respects.  Chara sets himself apart with a sometimes visible phyical game and the obvious perks of PP time and pts. I actually don't rip Chara, I just want the player that Ottawa had not that long ago.  I just feel that if Chara developed that mean streak this team would ride that leadership a lot further.  I don't believe he is a good captain until he does this. The proof is in the sample size we have. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]
    What I said was that Datsyuk would be considered the gold standard for that type of player.He makes 30% more money than Bergeron.Based on that is Bergeron overaid still?Bergeron,Datsyuk and Chara were all recent Olympians.I don't think Gill was so to say that comparing Bergeron to Datsyuk is equal to comparing Gill to Chara doesn't add up for me but you're entitled to your opinion.One last point-Bergeron and Datsyuk will both be likely Selke finalists.Chara has a shot at the Norris but does Gill?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Ah dez,

I love your rebuttals. 
    Now we can't base an NHL career on an olympic appearance can we? Stanely Cups? I would rather have a stanley cup ring than a roster spot on the National Team. 
    And if they had a trophy based on defensive ability(LIKE THEY SHOULD) I believe Gill would be up for it with guys like Orpik.  I truly believe the defensive dman is an under rated player.

But to answer.  No Gill didnt make the US team, no he won't be considered for the Norris.  But between the 4 names mentioned only 2 have rings.  And if you asked me if I would rather have Dats/Gill or Bergie/Chara I would take Dats/Gill in a second.  I know you didnt ask but I wanna state it anyway.
    Dats for the record in my eyes is top 5 in hockey. If I had to choose a top 5 excluding dmen he would likely be behind Crosby/Ovie and maybe Stampkos.  I don't think Bergie is in that grouping?   

But ala Patrick Roy. Gill would say.  I can't hear you b/c I have my stanley cup ring in my ear.   I think Gill is very under rated.  People saying he is a bottom 4-6 dman.  If he were in Boston he would be our 2nd best defender.  I would be tickled to have he and Chara in the top 4. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Ah dez, I love your rebuttals.  Now we can't base an NHL career on an olympic appearance can we? Stanely Cups? I would rather have a stanley cup ring than a roster spot on the National Team.  And if they had a trophy based on defensive ability(LIKE THEY SHOULD) I believe Gill would be up for it with guys like Orpik.  I truly believe the defensive dman is an under rated player. But to answer.  No Gill didnt make the US team, no he won't be considered for the Norris.  But between the 4 names mentioned only 2 have rings.  And if you asked me if I would rather have Dats/Gill or Bergie/Chara I would take Dats/Gill in a second.  I know you didnt ask but I wanna state it anyway. Dats for the record in my eyes is top 5 in hockey. If I had to choose a top 5 excluding dmen he would likely be behind Crosby/Ovie and maybe Stampkos.  I don't think Bergie is in that grouping?    But ala Patrick Roy. Gill would say.  I can't hear you b/c I have my stanley cup ring in my ear.   I think Gill is very under rated.  People saying he is a bottom 4-6 dman.  If he were in Boston he would be our 2nd best defender.  I would be tickled to have he and Chara in the top 4. 
    Let's have a vote then.Chara/Bergie vs. Gill/Datsyuk.I wonder how many share our opiinions?My point was that 3 of the 4 players we're discussing are considered world-class(regardless of your lack of respect for Olympic berths and gold medals).Gill is underrated for sure but world-class?I think not.And if teams felt Gill was a top pairing d-man they might not trade him so easily.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Komisarek or Gill?  You could build an allstar roster on the players left off.  No I dont think Gill is an elite world class player.  But are you telling me based on last yrs play that Bergie should have made it over Stampkos?  The fact Canada could have two teams possibly 3 makes the Bergie on Canada a pretty big deal.  But I believe the US could have won the entire thing had they chosen a few different players.  And not that chara wouldnt make any team(not named Canada) but he does play for  Slovakia.  I know you are gonna ask.  No he wouldnt make team Canada.  Not in an international game. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Komisarek or Gill?  You could build an allstar roster on the players left off.  No I dont think Gill is an elite world class player.  But are you telling me based on last yrs play that Bergie should have made it over Stampkos?  The fact Canada could have two teams possibly 3 makes the Bergie on Canada a pretty big deal.  But I believe the US could have won the entire thing had they chosen a few different players.  And not that chara wouldnt make any team(not named Canada) but he does play for  Slovakia.  I know you are gonna ask.  No he wouldnt make team Canada.  Not in an international game. 
    I respectfully disagree.Many felt he was the major reason the Slovaks were competitive at all.You still haven't told me who isn't overaid in Boston by the way.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I will in a second. But you seriously believe Chara would make the Canadian roster?  What eliment would he bring that they didnt already have.  They already had a Chara in Pronger who is way better.Yeah I said it.  Way better.

And a quick follow up.  Would you rather have Fisher or Bergie?  B/C as a loyal canadian 1st i believe he should have been there over Bergie.

To answer your question. 
    I think our roster could have the worst contracts in the league.

Ugly Contracts-
    Chara/Savy/Ryder/Ference

I can live with it contracts
    Lucic/Seids/Bergie

I left TT alone b/c I was always a fan of his.  Is he overpaid this year?  No TT no shot at the playoffs.  Is it a bad contract.  Yeah it likely is when based on what goalies are making. 

But that leaves you with W=T=F in your brain.  And it does mine as well.  But I believe many of these deals were not made wisely.  I believe they were knee jerk contracts. 
    1. Ference- why on earth did they sign this guy when they did.  What had he shown them other than being injured.  The easily could have replaced him in house or FA
    2. Ryder- I can't tell you how much i hate this contract
    3. Savy- Um hello concusions.  Have we met.  Yeah we have. Lets give you a nice big long contract.
    4. Chara- apparently he has turned into Lidstrom.  I could have lived witha  shorter deal.  But Bad Contract.

Lucic and Bergie are top 6 fwds on this team.  But look at what 9 million gets you.  I realize many teams go through these hurdles and I am thankful Ryder will be gone soon. 

Gotta eat.  we will eventually agree on something. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I will in a second. But you seriously believe Chara would make the Canadian roster?  What eliment would he bring that they didnt already have.  They already had a Chara in Pronger who is way better.Yeah I said it.  Way better. And a quick follow up.  Would you rather have Fisher or Bergie?  B/C as a loyal canadian 1st i believe he should have been there over Bergie. To answer your question.  I think our roster could have the worst contracts in the league. Ugly Contracts- Chara/Savy/Ryder/Ference I can live with it contracts Lucic/Seids/Bergie I left TT alone b/c I was always a fan of his.  Is he overpaid this year?  No TT no shot at the playoffs.  Is it a bad contract.  Yeah it likely is when based on what goalies are making.  But that leaves you with W=T=F in your brain.  And it does mine as well.  But I believe many of these deals were not made wisely.  I believe they were knee jerk contracts.  1. Ference- why on earth did they sign this guy when they did.  What had he shown them other than being injured.  The easily could have replaced him in house or FA 2. Ryder- I can't tell you how much i hate this contract 3. Savy- Um hello concusions.  Have we met.  Yeah we have. Lets give you a nice big long contract. 4. Chara- apparently he has turned into Lidstrom.  I could have lived witha  shorter deal.  But Bad Contract. Lucic and Bergie are top 6 fwds on this team.  But look at what 9 million gets you.  I realize many teams go through these hurdles and I am thankful Ryder will be gone soon.  Gotta eat.  we will eventually agree on something. 
    Hopefully Chara and Boston get a playoff rematch with pronger and the Flyers so some of our arguments might get settled.Let's agree on that.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I would like to watch that macthup.  But the Flyers look very strong.  Maybe in the semis...

Hey, at least we keep it civil...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I would like to watch that macthup.  But the Flyers look very strong.  Maybe in the semis... Hey, at least we keep it civil...
    SCREW YOU.......Laughing

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Dez,

You do realize since we both have been talking about Bergie and Wheeler that they have started scoring in spite of me.  Who else should I talk about.  How about Savy anbd Horton. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Dez, You do realize since we both have been talking about Bergie and Wheeler that they have started scoring in spite of me.  Who else should I talk about.  How about Savy anbd Horton. 
    Do I have to make the argument that Savard's worth the cash because I'm not sure I can do it.But if your voodoo works then,by all means,keep it up.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Lord if I hadnt been here so long people would call me a troll.
     But voodoo magic it is. 

PS...not sure if you watch CIS hockey or not but Boyce for the Leafs played for UNB the year after I graduated and went to Wichita to play.  Pretty cool seeing an old UNB player in the show.  UNB is hosting the Nationals this yr and I think I may make the journey back for that weekend.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Lord if I hadnt been here so long people would call me a troll.  But voodoo magic it is.  PS...not sure if you watch CIS hockey or not but Boyce for the Leafs played for UNB the year after I graduated and went to Wichita to play.  Pretty cool seeing an old UNB player in the show.  UNB is hosting the Nationals this yr and I think I may make the journey back for that weekend.
    I didn't know that's who you played for.My best friend growing up,Danny O'Brien was a Red Devil.He's the guy I told you about that owns the stickhandling school and runs the New  Jersey Rockets hockey program.He just got hired as a pro scout for the Dallas Stars so I tell him that,in a way, he finally made the NHL.He only played one year for UNB and then played semi-pro in the old Sunshine league(think Slap Shot).His year at UNB was a drunken time for both of us.Since it's only an hour drive I used to see alot of UNB games.It's top quality hockey so you should be proud.Due to the age restrictions(or lack thereof)most CIS squads could compete well against any major junior squad.CIS is probably the most under rated  hockey in North america as far as skill level goes.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Yup, spent my time there from 94-98 we won the entire shabang in 98.  I absolutely loved the night life.  And the hockey like you said was pretty solid.  Most of the guys were all major junior guys.  Not many guys catch on in the NHL but I see a few more, Engeland(spelling in Pitt), Ward in Nashville.  Shelley played a year at Dalhousie.  I played against him, I am not the best skater on earth but he is terrible.  I played against PJ Stock as well.  Its funny, he was a 2nd-3rd liner, then fought everyone in the minors and now he is a staple on HNIC(I can actually see him replacing Grapes some day.   Not that he can be replaced but in his spot). 
    Freddy Beach is a great area.  I now work with the RCMP and a while back was offered Westfield(?) NB which I guess is just outside your homeland.  I turned it down b/c I landed in Truro. 

Small world eh

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Yup, spent my time there from 94-98 we won the entire shabang in 98.  I absolutely loved the night life.  And the hockey like you said was pretty solid.  Most of the guys were all major junior guys.  Not many guys catch on in the NHL but I see a few more, Engeland(spelling in Pitt), Ward in Nashville.  Shelley played a year at Dalhousie.  I played against him, I am not the best skater on earth but he is terrible.  I played against PJ Stock as well.  Its funny, he was a 2nd-3rd liner, then fought everyone in the minors and now he is a staple on HNIC(I can actually see him replacing Grapes some day.   Not that he can be replaced but in his spot).  Freddy Beach is a great area.  I now work with the RCMP and a while back was offered Westfield(?) NB which I guess is just outside your homeland.  I turned it down b/c I landed in Truro.  Small world eh
    It is indeed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Bergeron earning his cash tonight. 3 unassisted goals.WOOOOOOO