CHARA KREJCI WHO CARES

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 54BLITZER. Show 54BLITZER's posts

CHARA KREJCI WHO CARES

One of the excuses being used for the Bruins early exit was being too tired from the Cup run last year.  Well Krejci did not'n honey vs. Washington, yet he is playing up a storm for his Czech Republic in the worlds.  I have no complaints against Chara.  But if players need rest, and played like crap in the first round I don't want to know that they are playing, and especially playing great in the World Championship!!! Go to the beach, relax your body, and slowly get geared up for the fall.  I don't believe any Bruins should be playing in the World Championship now after playing 100+ games last year, and losing in the first round this year!!! THAT IS MY OPINION, AND I'M STICKING TO IT!!! But Chara played well vs. the caps, and is an athletic machice, so he can do what he wants!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Re: CHARA KREJCI WHO CARES

I have nothing against a hockey player who wants to play more hockey. The World Championships mean alot to these guys, and their countries. They will have plenty of time to rest afterwards.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

I just hate hearing lame excuses from the coaching staff and organization. They were tired is such a cop out. More like they didnt execute, because Washington, played a boring style of hockey and shut the B's down. But really Boston beat themselves. They just didnt look themselves. Something is wrong, if you just cant elevate your game when it comes playoffs and the B's just didnt do it. But it wasnt because they were tired. If your gonna start using tiredness as an excuse then you need to start sitting players for games throughout the season and rotating minor leaguers in. Also, I would have no problem with the league shortening the season by 5 to 10 games. Season is too long in my opinion, but thats extra money in the owners pockets.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: CHARA KREJCI WHO CARES:
    [QUOTE]I just hate hearing lame excuses from the coaching staff and organization. They were tired is such a cop out. More like they didnt execute, because Washington, played a boring style of hockey and shut the B's down. But really Boston beat themselves. They just didnt look themselves. Something is wrong, if you just cant elevate your game when it comes playoffs and the B's just didnt do it. But it wasnt because they were tired. If your gonna start using tiredness as an excuse then you need to start sitting players for games throughout the season and rotating minor leaguers in. Also, I would have no problem with the league shortening the season by 5 to 10 games. Season is too long in my opinion, but thats extra money in the owners pockets.
    Posted by bgrif008[/QUOTE]

I would agree with you if more teams were repeat champions.  I think in order to repeat, you need to see a full blown powerhouse of a team which can play the second season at 80% and the second playoffs at 75% and still be the best team on the ice.

The '10-11 Boston Bruins had a ridiculous amount of things go right for them en route to their final victory.  To expect that to happen again with virtually the same squad was foolhardy out of the gate.

To the OP:  I agree with your assessments.  Chara could play in the NBA in the off season and still be at 100% for the NHL.

Krejci was absolutely terrible.  If he's so tired, he should go to bed, not to another tourney.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

This issue is just a failure of NHL fans to understand the cultural differences in Hockey.  In Europe the World Championship is more important than the Stanley Cup.  Any healthy European player who refused an invitation would become persona non grata in their country.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

It bugs me, too....but we're confusing being tired with being physically dinged up. Some looked at Krejci's play vs. Washington and speculated that perhaps he had a nagging injury. Fans seem to go to that excuse when the Bs don't bring their physical and skating game, which they did not.

So now we at least know Krejci and Chara were healthy enough to play more games, so you're right that the fault rests somewhere else.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

with camera's and recorders stuck in everyones face, and the world wanting to disect everything beyond anything sensible, the spin machine goes to work.  experts are supposed to pinpoint causes for failure, and this fatigue thing came in.  of course they're tired...everyone is at this time of year, buts its easy to point this out and move on.  no ones gonna say they were just "sick of hockey"...they "wanted a break"....or they maybe were a little "disinterested".  no one wants to admit "over confidence either.  most upsets happen in the first round, and there are a few easy reasons explaining that.  the mental toughness builds as teams get closer to the big prize, and everybody needs to re-load emotionally when the playoffs start.  That's much easier  for the underdogs. 

It's real easy to see why the B's got beat. It fails to deliver dramatically though, and makes for boring headlines. Our Bruins got beat by the same factors that beat the Canucks, Red Wings, Penguins, and Blues.  There is a huge element of random parity, meaning wins can't be counted on, and statistically teams will need to be at their best to win over a best of seven series. When looking at cup winners....the carma usually balances out over the long haul.  Look at last year.  The B's didn't play as well as Montreal in the first round.  They really had no business winning(tough for me to say as a lifelong Hab Hater).  Obviously they got a break or two against Tampa, but they made all of their own breaks against Vancouver.  Despite having very little luck, the majority being "bad", they absolutely out willed the Canucks
    The point is, you can't just turn it on.  In fact, no one knows where that switch is...and mankind still has no idea if they did know....how to operate it.  Everybody tries...to suggest otherwise is foolish, but sometimes it just doesn't happen, and despite everyones best efforts to make it happen....it just doesn't work. 
    There is no little cliche to cover that off.
    I don't know of anyone that enjoys striking out.  It's not effort that makes one hit triples vs striking out.  It's something else.  Success in the batters box isn't a result of "trying harder".  That element in baseball is alive and well in other sports. 
    This post is about whether Chara and DK have any business playing now.  Of course they do.  To opine that DK's play in this tournament suggests anything about the last one is....stupid.  No other way to sugar coat it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]with camera's and recorders stuck in everyones face, and the world wanting to disect everything beyond anything sensible, the spin machine goes to work.  experts are supposed to pinpoint causes for failure, and this fatigue thing came in.  of course they're tired...everyone is at this time of year, buts its easy to point this out and move on.  no ones gonna say they were just "sick of hockey"...they "wanted a break"....or they maybe were a little "disinterested".  no one wants to admit "over confidence either.  most upsets happen in the first round, and there are a few easy reasons explaining that.  the mental toughness builds as teams get closer to the big prize, and everybody needs to re-load emotionally when the playoffs start.  That's much easier  for the underdogs.  It's real easy to see why the B's got beat. It fails to deliver dramatically though, and makes for boring headlines. Our Bruins got beat by the same factors that beat the Canucks, Red Wings, Penguins, and Blues.  There is a huge element of random parity, meaning wins can't be counted on, and statistically teams will need to be at their best to win over a best of seven series. When looking at cup winners....the carma usually balances out over the long haul.  Look at last year.  The B's didn't play as well as Montreal in the first round.  They really had no business winning(tough for me to say as a lifelong Hab Hater).  Obviously they got a break or two against Tampa, but they made all of their own breaks against Vancouver.  Despite having very little luck, the majority being "bad", they absolutely out willed the Canucks The point is, you can't just turn it on.  In fact, no one knows where that switch is...and mankind still has no idea if they did know....how to operate it.  Everybody tries...to suggest otherwise is foolish, but sometimes it just doesn't happen, and despite everyones best efforts to make it happen....it just doesn't work.  There is no little cliche to cover that off. I don't know of anyone that enjoys striking out.  It's not effort that makes one hit triples vs striking out.  It's something else.  Success in the batters box isn't a result of "trying harder".  That element in baseball is alive and well in other sports.  This post is about whether Chara and DK have any business playing now.  Of course they do.  To opine that DK's play in this tournament suggests anything about the last one is....stupid.  No other way to sugar coat it.
    Posted by stevegm[/QUOTE]

The '11-12 Playoff Bruins were a much different team than the '11-12 regular season Bruins.  David Krejci was a bum.  If he was mentally and physically tired after playing for so long and having such a short break, then he needs to take a longer break, not go to Europe to keep playing.  If the problem was that he just couldnt get into it, he needs to retire.

I don't understand what the rest of your post is all about.  Are you saying that a higher power controls all things?  Are you saying Lucic should be a baseball player?  No clue there, stevegm.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

stevegm is quickly becoming my least favorite read around these parts. At least I know where to send that "jump to conclusions" mat and Captain Obvious t-shirt come Christmastime.

Love the effort, but nothing is more annoying than posts that state opinion as fact in a forum loaded with crazy-smart hockey fans. Just saying.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]stevegm is quickly becoming my least favorite read around these parts. At least I know where to send that "jump to conclusions" mat and Captain Obvious t-shirt come Christmastime. Love the effort, but nothing is more annoying than posts that state opinion as fact in a forum loaded with crazy-smart hockey fans. Just saying.
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]

I'm right there with you.  Most of the posts lead one to believe he hasn't really watched too many games lately, also.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]krejci, looch, and geoff ward are starring in a new movie called the 3 stooges. all 3 stole money from Jacobs last year.
    Posted by Karl-Hungus[/QUOTE]

The Three Stooges were thiefs?

(Lucic had a fine year, btw)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Why so much criticism of Lucic on this board? I realize he didnt light it up on the scoreboard but if you actually watched the playoffs it was pretty easy to see he was one of the few who was trying to make things happen. Or are we just picking up the paper the next day and deciding who played well?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Why so much criticism of Lucic on this board? I realize he didnt light it up on the scoreboard but if you actually watched the playoffs it was pretty easy to see he was one of the few who was trying to make things happen. Or are we just picking up the paper the next day and deciding who played well?
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

My guess is that a lot of Lucic's critics learned hockey from Fox, and just follow the puck at all times.  Lucic finished almost every check.  Players who aren't trying do not.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CHARA KREJCI WHO CARES : My guess is that a lot of Lucic's critics learned hockey from Fox, and just follow the puck at all times.  Lucic finished almost every check.  Players who aren't trying do not.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

That's funny because I remember about a half dozen times I was expecting a big hit from Lucic but he just waived his stick as he skated by.  It also funny that both Lucic and Marchand admitted that they were not as able to get up for games as they were on the cup run.

Edit to add link: http://www.csnne.com/hockey-boston-bruins/bruins-talk/Marchand-Lucic-admit-trouble-tapping-int?blockID=698441&feedID=10428

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CHARA KREJCI WHO CARES : That's funny because I remember about a half dozen times I was expecting a big hit from Lucic but he just waived his stick as he skated by.  It also funny that both Lucic and Marchand admitted that they were not as able to get up for games as they were on the cup run. Edit to add link: http://www.csnne.com/hockey-boston-bruins/bruins-talk/Marchand-Lucic-admit-trouble-tapping-int?blockID=698441&feedID=10428
    Posted by Orrthebest[/QUOTE]

That's funny.  I quickly read the article and didn't see a point where Lucic mentioned his effort.  Can you help me?  Thanks.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CHARA KREJCI WHO CARES : That's funny.  I quickly read the article and didn't see a point where Lucic mentioned his effort.  Can you help me?  Thanks.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

I guess you missed the title

Marchand, Lucic admit trouble tapping into playoff motivation

and I guess you missed the start of the Lucic  quote, "Personally it gets that fire boiling inside again..."  Notice the word, "again" it indicates it was missing.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

[QUOTE]stevegm is quickly becoming my least favorite read around these parts. At least I know where to send that "jump to conclusions" mat and Captain Obvious t-shirt come Christmastime. Love the effort, but nothing is more annoying than posts that state opinion as fact in a forum loaded with crazy-smart hockey fans. Just saying.
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]

sorry I don't meet your standards.  crazy-smart hockey fans don't dream up ways to criticise a player for wanting to continue playing the game, when many of his counterparts have chosen the beach.  defending DK's decision is hardly confusing opinion with fact.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I think this one's really simple - when you've had a hugely disappointing playoff performance, you're going to get ripped for whatever you choose to do between the elimination game and the following training camp. 

Play in the WC rather than rest?  Guess your priorities are off/where was that spark for the Bruins? 
    Rest rather than play in the WC?  There's a guy who might have lost his passion for the game.
    Work out like crazy?  Why weren't you in shape last year, like a pro should be?
    Recuperate?  Complacent.
    Offer reasons for not getting further?  Excuses.
    Admit that the other team beat you?  Guess you're not good enough - blow it up.

Same as it ever was.  Same as it ever was.  Same as it ever was....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Krejci injury widely blamed for series loss to Philly 2 years back... and then he is great in the playoffs last year... and nothing in 7 games vs Capitals.

He's just a streaky guy and we have a few more on the team too.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

As a Bruin's fan, I would have preferred DK sit out the World's and focus on rest/training to get him mentally/physically ready for next season.

There are several valid reasons as to why he would want to play.

Thing is, I don't ever remember DK complaining about being fatigued or tired, regardless of how inconsistent his play was during the regular season and playoffs.  If he had be complaining, going to the World's would be another inconsistent part of his game.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

[QUOTE]I think this one's really simple - when you've had a hugely disappointing playoff performance, you're going to get ripped for whatever you choose to do between the elimination game and the following training camp.  Play in the WC rather than rest?  Guess your priorities are off/where was that spark for the Bruins?  Rest rather than play in the WC?  There's a guy who might have lost his passion for the game. Work out like crazy?  Why weren't you in shape last year, like a pro should be? Recuperate?  Complacent. Offer reasons for not getting further?  Excuses. Admit that the other team beat you?  Guess you're not good enough - blow it up. Same as it ever was.  Same as it ever was.  Same as it ever was....
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

Absolutely, and getting ripped for "either" decision isn't a reasonable option, so these forums allow us to discuss/debate the others.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Just more proof that fans are all about, "What have you done for me lately?"

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The Bruins lost to Washington because they were outplayed not because a few players couldn't get up for the 1st round. Reaffirms some athletes need to stay away from microphones Lucic and Marchand are prime examples.

Krejci, Chara and any other Bruins have every right to go and play for their countries on their free time. Three months is plenty of time to rest then be ready for September no excuses.

I enjoy watching the Worlds it's entertaining hockey so I hope the pros keep going. Thankfully you will never see Tortarella or Hunter coach in those games too much ice for that lame lemaire-trap-clutch-grab-interfere-crap game plan.

Sections
Shortcuts