CHARA KREJCI WHO CARES

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Re: CHARA KREJCI WHO CARES

Krejci playing for his country does him a world of good.

After the 2010 Olympics he picked it up and had a good playoff run till injured and it carried over into a magnificent 2011 playoff.

Let's hope this World's play carries over for the next two playoffs for Krejci again.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 54BLITZER. Show 54BLITZER's posts

In Response to CHARA KREJCI WHO CARES:
    One of the excuses being used for the Bruins early exit was being too tired from the Cup run last year.  Well Krejci did not'n honey vs. Washington, yet he is playing up a storm for his Czech Republic in the worlds.  I have no complaints against Chara.  But if players need rest, and played like crap in the first round I don't want to know that they are playing, and especially playing great in the World Championship!!! Go to the beach, relax your body, and slowly get geared up for the fall.  I don't believe any Bruins should be playing in the World Championship now after playing 100+ games last year, and losing in the first round this year!!! THAT IS MY OPINION, AND I'M STICKING TO IT!!! But Chara played well vs. the caps, and is an athletic machice, so he can do what he wants!!!
    Posted by 54BLITZER

NOW ADDING: KREJCI SCORES GAME WINNAH FOR CZECHS OVAH FINNS FOR BRONZ!!!GEE, HE COULDN'T SCORE THE GAME WINNAH ONCE VS. THE CAPS!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsIn4. Show BruinsIn4's posts

I'm cheezed that any of our players are playing in the WC.  I know they have every right to play, but if you're in the NHL and you're not a young kid on a non-playoff teams you should be choosing to stay home.  As our first-line center (sorry ipot), DK should worry only about his obligations to the Bruins, not to Slovakia.  I'd say the same thing if PB, Looch, Thomas or Seids played.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: CHARA KREJCI WHO CARES:
    I'm cheezed that any of our players are playing in the WC.  I know they have every right to play, but if you're in the NHL and you're not a young kid on a non-playoff teams you should be choosing to stay home.  As our first-line center (sorry ipot), DK should worry only about his obligations to the Bruins, not to Slovakia.  I'd say the same thing if PB, Looch, Thomas or Seids played.
    Posted by BruinsIn4

Dumbest thing I read on here in a long time!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

Why does everyone who would have preferred for Krejci to not play think that 2 and a half months before the beginning of training camp is not enough time for a pro athlete to rest and recoup?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

A bronze medal and a Stanley Cup... trade him quick while his value is high!

(please note sarcasm.)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

The focus on Chara, Krejci and even Lucic baffles me.  All three finished with 3 points in the Caps series, tied with most the team for 3rd in scoring. It is not great, but not terrible, either. The Caps played a perfectly executed game that nullified skill and left the outcome of games to lucky bounces. The primary focus of their defensive efforts was the Krejci line, which was constantly battling the Alzner-Carlson duo for time and space. The fact that DK, Seguin and Lucic were all able to put up 3 points for me is halfway impressive. Marchand's results were slightly more disappointing for me because he was facing lesser defenders, but then he was also playing with a gimp center from game 3 on.

The talk of needing rest is silly. After a good night sleep they aren't tired anymore. Any fatigue is mental, not physical, and I would think there was a lot of mental fatigue going on after playing so much NHL hockey in little over a year. Going to Europe and playing hockey with different teamates in a totally different environment is actually probably good for these guys' mental state. Play with new people or old friends, play purely for fun. That could be refreshing and help them to refocus when the NHL season starts again in the fall.

A little more mental hunger might have helped the Bruins beat the Caps, but these guys didn't play awful, they just (barely) lost to a team playing passionate and committed defence. The Caps almost beat the Rangers in the same way. Krejci scores at a rate that puts him in the top 20 centers in the NHL- and increases his scoring rate in the playoffs-, so no, he's not a "third-liner" in the NHL, though I'm fine with him on any Bruins line. Lucic scores at almost the exact same rate in the playoffs as he does in the regular season, so no, he doesn't disappear in the playoffs. Seguin, for all the praise heaped upon him, didn't score more than the other two and I actually thought he was one of the worst Bruins through the first 3 or 4 games until he finished strong. Less blame should be placed on the Boston scorers who have shown for several years now that they can bring it in the playoffs, and more credit given to Washington for playing them so tight.

Last year's championship is owed partially to good health and luck which were missing this year. Picking up a real good depth forward in the offseason might make it easier to return to the Stanley Cup. But saying Chara or Krejci need a nap to make it happen has little basis.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

The focus on Chara, Krejci and even Lucic baffles me.  All three finished with 3 points in the Caps series, tied with most the team for 3rd in scoring. It is not great, but not terrible, either. The Caps played a perfectly executed game that nullified skill and left the outcome of games to lucky bounces. The primary focus of their defensive efforts was the Krejci line, which was constantly battling the Alzner-Carlson duo for time and space. The fact that DK, Seguin and Lucic were all able to put up 3 points for me is halfway impressive. Marchand's results were slightly more disappointing for me because he was facing lesser defenders, but then he was also playing with a gimp center from game 3 on. The talk of needing rest is silly. After a good night sleep they aren't tired anymore. Any fatigue is mental, not physical, and I would think there was a lot of mental fatigue going on after playing so much NHL hockey in little over a year. Going to Europe and playing hockey with different teamates in a totally different environment is actually probably good for these guys' mental state. Play with new people or old friends, play purely for fun. That could be refreshing and help them to refocus when the NHL season starts again in the fall. A little more mental hunger might have helped the Bruins beat the Caps, but these guys didn't play awful, they just (barely) lost to a team playing passionate and committed defence. The Caps almost beat the Rangers in the same way. Krejci scores at a rate that puts him in the top 20 centers in the NHL- and increases his scoring rate in the playoffs-, so no, he's not a "third-liner" in the NHL, though I'm fine with him on any Bruins line. Lucic scores at almost the exact same rate in the playoffs as he does in the regular season, so no, he doesn't disappear in the playoffs. Seguin, for all the praise heaped upon him, didn't score more than the other two and I actually thought he was one of the worst Bruins through the first 3 or 4 games until he finished strong. Less blame should be placed on the Boston scorers who have shown for several years now that they can bring it in the playoffs, and more credit given to Washington for playing them so tight. Last year's championship is owed partially to good health and luck which were missing this year. Picking up a real good depth forward in the offseason might make it easier to return to the Stanley Cup. But saying Chara or Krejci need a nap to make it happen has little basis.
    Posted by OatesCam

I don't know how any crazy-smart hockey fan could argue your logic here Oates.  nas and his alter ego asmaha, seem quite threatened by that assumption though.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsIn4. Show BruinsIn4's posts

In Response to Re: CHARA KREJCI WHO CARES : Dumbest thing I read on here in a long time!!
    Posted by nitemare-38

Slovakia, Czech Republic - same thing...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

For me it has nothing to do with needing rest - as previous posters said, physical rest is granted in short order and mental rest can be achieved on a sandy beach in a few days...

The player has every right to do what they want in their off season (within the guidlines described in their NHL contract with the team).

However, there is (an unnecessary?) risk of a career ending injury playing hockey in Europe for a couple of weeks and as a fan I am inclined to want them to stay here.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishfinger. Show fishfinger's posts

Last year round 1 the bruins beat the Habs in OT game 7 they could have lost that game if not for a huge TT save. I do not have the box score but i do not think Krejci played that great in that series. This year they lose in OT game 7.

It is scary to think how close this team came to not having that Cup run last year. I think if they do not win that game last year we would look a lot different at a lot of the players on this team to single out Krejci is wrong.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

They were mentally drained this year. They came in flat, got on a little high in Nov/Dec, and then the mental fatigue started to show. They hadn't had a legitimate period of time away from the Bruins.

Sections
Shortcuts