Chara Not The Biggest Bruin?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Re: Chara Not The Biggest Bruin?

In response to kelvana33's comment:

I don't buy the whole hunting thing and how they hide behind the overpopulation excuse. What did people expect when they keep tearing down forrests and wooded areas to build houses and industries? And now their causing a nuisance? How aboutt he overpopulation of people? Do you know how long I sit in traffic these days? Thats much more of a nuisance than any deer gazing in my garden.

I don't know how one calls drilling a bullett in the head of a deer who is getting a drink out of a stream or putting a bow through it's chest humane.

To me, if your a hunter you can't call yourself an animal lover. Spending your saturday mornings dressed as a shrub and killing unsuspecting animals does not qualffy one as an animal lover.

I love my dog.

Kevlana, why do you think they allow hunting. To reduce the population and maintain it so it doesnt get out of control. Over population leads to disease amongst heards and lack of food. I know thats not the only reason for hunting and some people do it as sport just to say they shot something, but in most cases it serves a purpose. Here in Ohio, other than Coyotes deer dont have any natural predators and the coyotes dont have any predators other than humans. Its all part of a balance. Coyotes dont go looking for other coyotes. So humans need to take action. Like I said, not everyone agrees with it. But its here to stay.

If you talk to those in Texas, they will tell you the Hog problem down there is out of control. They lay waste to the land and just keep moving to lay waste to more. Female hogs can have 4-5 litters a year with 8 or so new borns....That adds up in a hurry.

And I would have no problem seeing the over population of people reduced as well. I agree, there are too many people. And every year hard working americans end up supporting more and more people who arent hard at work.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to bgrif008's comment:

Kevlana, why do you think they allow hunting. To reduce the population and maintain it so it doesnt get out of control. Over population leads to disease amongst heards and lack of food.

And then the excess dies.  Why do humans have to help?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I get why they allow hunting. I'm far from joining the humaniacs at PETA but I just couldnt bring myself to kill a deer thats just doing what he does. When I hear the term overpopulation, i blame humans.

I had to put down a deer recently that was struck by a car, I hated it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to bgrif008's comment:

Kevlana, why do you think they allow hunting. To reduce the population and maintain it so it doesnt get out of control. Over population leads to disease amongst heards and lack of food.

And then the excess dies.  Why do humans have to help?

Disease can spread to humans.....Most of what humans catch (diseases) now a days, when talking of animals, occurrs over seas and spreads to the United States. Overpopulation of the asian countries and the animal processing in the asian countries has been to blame for some. Its definitely improved. Also the fact that they eat anything and everything over there. The sanitation and control just isnt what it is here in the US. But yes, disease is natures way of controling population as are many other ailments we encounter.

Currently deer can carry and die from Chronic Waste disease, which is transferred from one deer to the next, orally. Currently it doesnt seem to affect humans, but they dont take any chances. Most deer are inspected upon processing and the DNR has issued reports on what to look for if processing your own deer.

Do any of you eat Beef, pork or Chicken......You want to see inhumane.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

I get why they allow hunting. I'm far from joining the humaniacs at PETA but I just couldnt bring myself to kill a deer thats just doing what he does. When I hear the term overpopulation, i blame humans.

I had to put down a deer recently that was struck by a car, I hated it.

Hey, I agree....Humans are to blame for everything in this world....We're our own worst enemy.

Ive hit one deer with my car. Almost got to a complete stop before in turned into the front of my car. He was able to run off, but caused $1700 worth of damage to my car. I was only doing about 10 mph.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Here's Recchi with Marchand, Seguin et al:

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Tuukka's glove hand:

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I like largemouth bass fishing.  Sit in my kayak, slather on the sunblock, grab a cold O'Doul's and catch and release every fish.  That's a hobby.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Fat Lucic:

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I don't buy the whole hunting thing and how they hide behind the overpopulation excuse. What did people expect when they keep tearing down forrests and wooded areas to build houses and industries? And now their causing a nuisance? How aboutt he overpopulation of people? Do you know how long I sit in traffic these days? Thats much more of a nuisance than any deer gazing in my garden.

I don't know how one calls drilling a bullett in the head of a deer who is getting a drink out of a stream or putting a bow through it's chest humane.

To me, if your a hunter you can't call yourself an animal lover. Spending your saturday mornings dressed as a shrub and killing unsuspecting animals does not qualffy one as an animal lover.

Kel, I personally don't hunt but I'm very aware of how dangerous deer and moose can be on our highways. My brother was nearly killed when we were in high school thanks to hitting a deer at 70 MPH. I actually had to stop to allow 2 deer to cross in front of me on my way home today. Deer are all over the place in my town.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Here's Chara in the corner of the locker room before the game:

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Lucic between game in the gym:

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

300 more pics to go NAS and you'll break BH's record!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Kel, I personally don't hunt but I'm very aware of how dangerous deer and moose can be on our highways. My brother was nearly killed when we were in high school thanks to hitting a deer at 70 MPH. I actually had to stop to allow 2 deer to cross in front of me on my way home today. Deer are all over the place in my town.

The problem with that Dez is that we have those Moose Crossing signs to make drivers aware. Those moose have no such luxury.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Tuukka's glove hand:

Now thats too big NAS.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

You should see his waffle!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

I like largemouth bass fishing.  Sit in my kayak, slather on the sunblock, grab a cold O'Doul's and catch and release every fish.  That's a hobby.

Me too, I love sitting in the canoe with a few beer and catch and release fishing - though I tend to go fishing for jackfish (pike). Put up a heck of a fight. Accidentally hooked a sturgeon once when I was going for pike - tipped my canoe by getting me off balance, put me in the drink and swam off with my rod still hooked in its mouth. Worse, I lost five beer.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I always makes me laugh that the Canadian plural of beer is "beer".

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

The problem with that Dez is that we have those Moose Crossing signs to make drivers aware. Those moose have no such luxury.

I get that and I really wish there was a better way. I love animals and don't have the heart to kill one but I also think they're delicious.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I get that and I really wish there was a better way. I love animals and don't have the heart to kill one but I also think they're delicious.

Do you guys have a Five Guys up there in Canada? If not, youre missing out.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to red75's comment:

In response to hangnail's comment:

Me too, I love sitting in the canoe with a few beer and catch and release fishing - though I tend to go fishing for jackfish (pike). Put up a heck of a fight. Accidentally hooked a sturgeon once when I was going for pike - tipped my canoe by getting me off balance, put me in the drink and swam off with my rod still hooked in its mouth. Worse, I lost five beer.

That must have been a sight to see red!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Funny stuff. Threads like this help to get me through the long wait until Saturday. Thanks NAS.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I always makes me laugh that the Canadian plural of beer is "beer".

HA I thought red was having trouble with her keyboard!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Do you guys have a Five Guys up there in Canada? If not, youre missing out.

I've never heard of it Kel but that doesn't mean they don't have them in Toronto or other big cities. If you're a burger fan like myself, I strongly reccomend you try some buffalo. It's delicious and actually pretty good for you.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Fat Lucic:

Lol. Fat working out before training camp, doing some mental visualization. Hmmmm.....shoot puck in Phaneuf's corner, barrel in on him and plaster him, offer to drop'em, when he refuses just grin back and go looking for Komisarik.....yum.

Sections
Shortcuts