Chara vs. Boyle

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Chara vs. Boyle

Boyle is 6'6 or 6'7 depending on who you ask.

Chara dropped him like an ugly, fat girlfriend after you find out she lied about being rich.

Watch Chara lay down the law.

Height 6 ft 7 in (2.01 m) Weight 244 lb (111 kg; 17 st 6 lb)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Re: Chara vs. Boyle

Boyle not exactly a willing combatant.  Wonder of those that took umbridge with Ray Emery/Holtby will hold Chara equally accountable?

I enjoyed it, good emotion from Cedfano.  Plus Boyle looks like a pirate.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

Boyle not exactly a willing combatant.  Wonder of those that took umbridge with Ray Emery/Holtby will hold Chara equally accountable?

I enjoyed it, good emotion from Cedfano.  Plus Boyle looks like a pirate.

Boyle was in the middle of the scrum.  He also didn't beg for his life prior to getting popped.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Boyle runs around trying too intimidate smaller players every game. Then when someone close too his size he cowers. 

Holtby is a goalie, tdoesn't run around giving cheapshots then hides behind the refs and doesn't only engage smaller foes . For Boyles previous actions against the Bruins, including tonight, he needed a beatdown. 

I see your point Crowles but in this case I can't agree with the similarities. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Very few similarities to the Emery attack!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Boyle runs around trying too intimidate smaller players every game. Then when someone close too his size he cowers. 

Bingo...thats why he gets called out by a tough guy every now and then. Not just Ceddy.....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Holtby is a goalie, tdoesn't run around giving cheapshots then hides behind the refs and doesn't only engage smaller foes . For Boyles previous actions against the Bruins, including tonight, he needed a beatdown. 

I see your point Crowles but in this case I can't agree with the similarities. 

Reminds me of Phaneuf alot.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

But Celine Dion does look tough when he gives Nathan Gerbe his death stare.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In the video, you can see Boyle giving Krejci the business.

No can do when Cedfano is in the house.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Laundry alert....boiling it down to the essentials, this very much like Emery/Holtby.  Neither Holtby, nor Boyle wanted their respective fights, but got them anyway. 

If you were critical of Emery's actions, you should hate what Chara did, laundry aside.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

I was sitting at a bar when the fight broke out.  My brother and I marveled how when Chara fights it is a big thing as the whole bar was mezmerized by the quit exit of Boyle.  Boyle, like Sandog mentioned, was being the tough guy in scrums until Z chucked him and moped him on the ice as if he was a child.  Kudos.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

boyle turtled and wanted nothing to do with Chara. As noted, Boyle likes to pick on smaller/slighter players.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Laundry alert....boiling it down to the essentials, this very much like Emery/Holtby.  Neither Holtby, nor Boyle wanted their respective fights, but got them anyway. 

If you were critical of Emery's actions, you should hate what Chara did, laundry aside.

I for one didn't see it that way, Boyle was acting the tough guy while Holtby was minding his own business, two different scenario's alltogether.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

I for one didn't see it that way, Boyle was acting the tough guy while Holtby was minding his own business, two different scenario's alltogether.

Yep, Chara was standing up for a lil guy. Holtby was just plain mugged.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Was Holtby trying to pick on a smaller player and Emery simply put a stop to it? That's what I just watched Chara do when Boyle was being "tough"with Krejci. Apples and oranges.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Not even close, Crowls.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Look closer, folks.  This argument by Crowls is a thinly veiled attack on me.  I was strongly against what Emery did but am happy with Chara.  Crowls is just being a dick towards me and looking incredibly stupid in the end.

Nice one, Crowls.

Complete failure.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Look closer, folks.  This argument by Crowls is a thinly veiled attack on me.  I was strongly against what Emery did but am happy with Chara.  Crowls is just being a dick towards me and looking incredibly stupid in the end.

Nice one, Crowls.

Complete failure.

is that what you call reading between the lines, or extreme paranoia? :)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Nice one, Crowls.

Complete failure.

A little vain to think this has anything to do with you.  There were many posters that were up in arms over Emery's actions, I was not one of them.

Folks may disagree with the comparision, that's fine.  It just seems like Chara fought a guy that wanted no part of him, and the group applauds it.  Not like Boyle was attacking Krejci, he was pushing/shoving in a scrum.  Chara pulls him out from behind, and rather quickly the beating commences.  I have no problem with what Chara did, rather enjoyed it.

I applaud it for all the reasons cited, just making the point that many condemned Emery for a similar act.  Emery went down the ice to engage Holtby.  He fronted him, didn't jump him from behind.  That said, Boyle is a dink and the beating was fun to watch for me.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Boyle had a ferocious, mad dog look when aimed at Krejci but that look disappeared pretty fast when he turned around to see a giant, angry Slovakian grabbing him.  Chara held and measured Boyle with the left, setting up the right hand for the blows.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I would hardly call it a beating.  Chara showed some class by not pummeling him like he easily could have.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

A little vain to think this has anything to do with you.  There were many posters that were up in arms over Emery's actions, I was not one of them.

Folks may disagree with the comparision, that's fine.  It just seems like Chara fought a guy that wanted no part of him, and the group applauds it.  Not like Boyle was attacking Krejci, he was pushing/shoving in a scrum.  Chara pulls him out from behind, and rather quickly the beating commences.  I have no problem with what Chara did, rather enjoyed it.

I applaud it for all the reasons cited, just making the point that many condemned Emery for a similar act.  Emery went down the ice to engage Holtby.  He fronted him, didn't jump him from behind.  That said, Boyle is a dink and the beating was fun to watch for me.

How many times are you going to make this point? I see three such posts above. We got it... and we disagree.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

How many times are you going to make this point? I see three such posts above. We got it... and we disagree.

probably a few more... good to know you that you are keeping count.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

I get to watch Boyle quite a bit and I don't see him doing the tough guy act all that often or at least picking fights where he's favorably matched. He picked the wrong time and place this today. As much as I hate the Rangers -- My wish is for Z to someday pair off with a punk like Hartnell (the cowardly caveman). Talk about a guy who picks his spots.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Madhouse27. Show Madhouse27's posts

Hey Boyle, here's a tip, don't touch Krejci...don't even look in his direction. 

Sections
Shortcuts