Chara vs. Boyle

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Re: Chara vs. Boyle

As if that wasn't embarassing enough: http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/120258

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Bisson1's comment:

I think Boyle has 6 fights with 3 punches thrown. He doesnt throw punches and gets the ragdoll treatment.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

Laundry alert....boiling it down to the essentials, this very much like Emery/Holtby.  Neither Holtby, nor Boyle wanted their respective fights, but got them anyway. 

If you were critical of Emery's actions, you should hate what Chara did, laundry aside.

Everyone else is at Fenway Crowls. Get out of Yankee Stadium. Where did Holtby act like Boyle before hand? Boyle was acting a certain way & got what he was asking for from anyone that wasn't Lucic, or Chara. This is a perfect time for Chara to throw down! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Bisson1's comment:

"Boyle doesn't back down from anyone.  We just wish he could fight."

LOL

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

A little vain to think this has anything to do with you.

I guess I was giving you too much credit.  I found it difficult to believe that such a stupid argument was the actual point of your posts.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

How many times are you going to make this point? 

probably a few more... good to know you that you are keeping count.

LoL

"A little vain" is an especially nice touch.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

I would hardly call it a beating.  Chara showed some class by not pummeling him like he easily could have.

Bingo !!!!!!!!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

All I know is he stuck up for his player. Boyle is not a worthy opponent , i am thinking will chara do the same when Mtl's Bouchard will want a scrap or even John Scott ( this character needs a good punch in the face). If need be i will say yes that Big Z will do it but, my only worry is Chara breaking a hand hitting one of these knuckle heads.

I also wonder what Chara whisper in boyles ear. I am guessing with a slovakian accent, " I'll be back"

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

A little vain to think this has anything to do with you.

I guess I was giving you too much credit.  I found it difficult to believe that such a stupid argument was the actual point of your posts.

Nice attempt at recovery after whiffing on the accusation.  Just revert back to insuts to deflect.  How embarrassing for you.

You're so vain, you probably think this post is about you...

You're so vain, I'll bet you think these threads are about you...

Don't you? Don't you?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Someone just quoted Carly Simon.  Sh-- just got serious, yo.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Nice attempt at recovery after whiffing on the accusation.  Just revert back to insuts to deflect.  How embarrassing for you.

You're so vain, you probably think this post is about you...

You're so vain, I'll bet you think these threads are about you...

Don't you? Don't you?

The only person that should be embarrassed here is you.  The idea that Chara and Emery are similar is harbored by you alone.  You tried to make your point multiple times and failed each time. 

There's no benefit to continue this, however.  The last thing we want to do is turn this into the Patriots board or 1916 vs. Marco.

I'll let you take your final swing and will let it go.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

The interesting part after watching from more angles is how Boyle waited for enough players and refs to get between him and Chara -- then started throwing overhands at Chara's face assuming there was no way the seas would part before things calmed down. The look on Boyle's face when Chara made his way to the eventual face to face encounter was like -- "Yikes -- call in mommy, daddy and my 12 other siblings".

• You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I think the next time the B's and Rangers play and are tied after OT, instead of the shootout they should just have Boyle and Campbell sqaure off at center ice...Only I'm not 100% sure we'd have a winner in that either.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

I think the next time the B's and Rangers play and are tied after OT, instead of the shootout they should just have Boyle and Campbell sqaure off at center ice...Only I'm not 100% sure we'd have a winner in that either.

I don't put Campbell in Boyle's cat Kel. Camp may not win many, but he gives it an honest effort & he doesn't shy away & wait for reinforcements to come to his aid. I think Campbell is well aware of his win/loss record, but as I've said numerous times. You don't have to win a fight. It's the fact of showing the willingness to standup for urself, or a teammate that deserves as much credit. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

The thing i like about Campbell is he's willing to take a beating from anyone, now thats what i call heart!

Yeah, but I feel a little like I should get a purple heart for just watching Campbell eat punches.  It hurts me.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Someone just quoted Carly Simon

Or Faster Pussycat to those who are into obscure 80's glam metal.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Boyle has been a deebag bully at least since high school. In the NHL, his size doesn't make for the same advantage and intimidation as it did when he was at St. Sebs or BC. In college he acted tough knowing he won't have to back it up. He still pulls the faux-tough guy act now but I don't think he's figured out it doesn't work in the NHL despite the repeated beat downs.

Maybe he's frustrated as he hasn't nearly lived up to expectations as a player. He was always the best player on the ice as a kid but that started to change in college. The players around him got better at a greater clip than his own development. He's now an aggravated and aggravating mediocre player who finds his God given size and talent won't carry him any more and he lacks the character to push beyond that.

So, to be clear, WTL...you're not a Boyle fan?  It's a bit ambiguous in your last post.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Almost sounds personal does it not?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Because of where I'm from and where some of my kids played and some of the coaches I know, I've gotten to experience quite a bit of the youth hockey from around here, particularly the prep school leagues. Not so much lately as my kids are older and in college now. Some of the kids are great. It seems to me most of the kids I've gotten to know a bit fall into one of two groups. The majority of them are really good kids. Then there are the group of kids who think they are somehow separate from everyone else. More special and somehow better, either in hockey or just in general. They are usually not such good people. I think most of these kids just lack the maturity to handle the status of being a superstar among their peers. Some of them just seem to be lacking in characrter. Boyle always seemed to be one of those kids to me. Maybe he's better than that off the ice now. Maybe I should let the spirit of Christmas smack me upside the head and give Boyle the benefit of doubt and assume he's only a snot on the ice. Yeah, I'm going to go with that. I might be back to thinking he's a complete dirtbag come December 26. :P

• You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

I for one didn't see it that way, Boyle was acting the tough guy while Holtby was minding his own business, two different scenario's alltogether.

Yep, Chara was standing up for a lil guy. Holtby was just plain mugged.

Definitely. Boyle was in the middle of the scrum, being a "hockey player."  A bigger, tougher one came calling and he was in a spot he'd rather not be in, but he had to take it.

Holtby is a goalie and has zero responsibility to accept a fight from a thug skating 200 feet to chase him, and mugs him after he refused the fight.

Emery should have been suspended longer than Scott.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

Boyle is big but can't lick his lips in a fight. Chara should be able to whip him, and did.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

The thing i like about Campbell is he's willing to take a beating from anyone, now thats what i call heart!

Hockey fights are supposed to be the result of anger,  a kind of pursuit of justice...

In any legitimate fight, from any legitimate warrior, it's not about victory or defeat, it's much more.

Like most here, I dislike the staged fighting, and those whose employment is solely based on that.(I just disagree the B's should be the 1st team to abolish such a thing)

The Campbell inference here...is the only reason fighting shouldn't be banned in the NHL. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

Boyle came after DK, after DK upended Pyatt in the crease.  Happens all the time and it should. DK was out of his league with Boyle so Chara came in.  Happens all the time and it should.  It's a jungle mentality out there, and it's supposed to be.  

If you're a Ranger fan, Boyle is a hero for sticking up for his poor overtrodden teamate, then gets jumped by commie/gorilla who doesn't accept fairplay, and is the worlds biggest meanest bully.  If you're a B's fan...DK's stuff is ignored, and Boyle's a coward/bully for picking on poor,defenseless DK.  Chara, the pure definition of everything honorable and just on this earth.... then rides in on his white horse...pummells said bully, and world order is restored.

• Sections
    Shortcuts