Chara Will Play Today!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Chara Will Play Today!

http://www.nesn.com/2011/12/zdeno-chara-returns-to-lineup-as-bruins-visit-philadelphia-in-showdown-of-top-two-teams-in-east.html

I am pleased. The Flyers are not.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Re: Chara Will Play Today!

So much for the initial reaction from some of him having a torn ligament.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Chara in, Pronger out... sweet.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBostonBruins. Show TheBostonBruins's posts

It is time for the Big Z man to lay a mansize beatdown on the black and orange asswipes. Start with Scott Shitnell, err, Hartnell. He needs a royal shitbeating. Pound 'em, Zee.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Chara Will Play Today!:
    [QUOTE]So much for the initial reaction from some of him having a torn ligament.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]
    The guy is a beast. His legs are probably a little bit stronger than average. Biking the Tour De France likely helps.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

another goal after a scrap. Like the trend.

sidenote: with pronger out, crosschecking down 300%.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

You heard it here first from DeRuchi drunkard diehaaad LOL!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Two thirds of the way to a GH hattrick in the first 8 minutes of his first game back. Awesome.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Shelley is such a f*ckin plug. He really got beasted by Chara there that was pretty embarassing.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tackle2112. Show tackle2112's posts

[QUOTE]Two thirds of the way to a GH hattrick in the first 8 minutes of his first game back. Awesome.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

red, what you predict ? ... magnificent 20 minutes of hockey already

p.s. dont want to offend you in any way on the jets-bruins-thread earlier this year ... dont know by then you were a Dame

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chara Will Play Today! : red, what you predict ? ... magnificent 20 minutes of hockey already p.s. dont want to offend you in any way on the jets-bruins-thread earlier this year ... dont know by then you were a Dame
    Posted by tackle2112[/QUOTE]

At this rate, maybe two GH hattricks. Sheesh, having a Great game

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

Congrats to Chara for the Gordie Howe Hat Trick

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

CJ is really shuffling the combinations now that it's 5-0. It's also getting greasy.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chara Will Play Today! : The guy is a beast. His legs are probably a little bit stronger than average. Biking the Tour De France likely helps.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

No.  People have a ton of misconceptions about this.  Chara is an avid cyclist and nothing more.  He rode the same route as a few of the tour stages, that's it.  The tour is a professional team invitation only race.

That's not to say it's a joke, just to do that is excellent.  Try riding 150 miles some time doing mountains with up to a 13% gradient, it's killer, trust me.  But then racing it is a whole other world.  Imagine blue line sprints 6-8 hours in a row, that's it.

Riding the tour de france is like playing for the Stanley Cup, you can be a pro rider all your life and never get to ride the tour.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chara Will Play Today! : No.  People have a ton of misconceptions about this.  Chara is an avid cyclist and nothing more.  He rode the same route as a few of the tour stages, that's it.  The tour is a professional team invitation only race. That's not to say it's a joke, just to do that is excellent.  Try riding 150 miles some time doing mountains with up to a 13% gradient, it's killer, trust me.  But then racing it is a whole other world.  Imagine blue line sprints 6-8 hours in a row, that's it. Riding the tour de france is like playing for the Stanley Cup, you can be a pro rider all your life and never get to ride the tour.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]
    I never said he was a participant. I wasn't trying to mislead anyone. I had read that he had biked some of the stages before the racers and then watched the racers afterward.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tackle2112. Show tackle2112's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chara Will Play Today! : I never said he was a participant. I wasn't trying to mislead anyone. I had read that he had biked some of the stages before the racers and then watched the racers afterward.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Dez, you are absolutly correct ... you can ride the stages before AND after the official TOUR on your own risk ... I tried a stage in the Vosges myself about 8 years ago and I have, yes I HAVE, to surrender ... about 8 kilometres steady uphill ... it kills you completely ... you HAVE to step off of your bike or you fall into the ditch

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chara Will Play Today! : Dez, you are absolutly correct ... you can ride the stages before AND after the official TOUR on your own risk ... I tried a stage in the Vosges myself about 8 years ago and I have, yes I HAVE, to surrender ... about 8 kilometres steady uphill ... it kills you completely ... you HAVE to step off of your bike or you fall into the ditch
    Posted by tackle2112[/QUOTE]
    No doubt. I applaud you for putting in the effort. Cheers!