chara

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Greatseason. Show Greatseason's posts

chara

chara son of a b **ch

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Re: chara

Guy was just in a bad area. I feel terrible hope he is okay. Don't agree with the major call.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

Yeah. Hope Max Pac is all right.

I don't think that was a "cheap" hit, though. I don't think he was looking to plant Max into the stantion. He just stayed late on the man (illegal), but I don't think he was looking to knock Pacioretty out.

Scary, though.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Greatseason. Show Greatseason's posts

let's call it bruin's loser

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I have yet to see a replay, but it didn't look late to me, it looked like he was just following through on his check.  At least that's the way it looked to me real time.

Maybe replay will change my mind.

Yah, he got hurt, but it didn't look like a bad hit to me.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In Response to Re: chara:
    [QUOTE]let's call it bruin's loser
    Posted by Greatseason[/QUOTE]

What babies you Habs fans are! The boards knocked Max out, not Chara!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

If you're going to live by the stick, you better be ready to die by it as well.  Or, in this case, the plexiglass.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

God I hope that kid is alright. It looks really, really scary. He was out cold and not moving. Don't think he moved before they took him off.

I haven't felt like this since we saw Bergeron go down...at least with Savard you knew he would get up eventually.

Penalty for sure but not a dirty hit unless you think Chara meant to throw him into that stantion or whatever. I would say this was an unlucky result of a "routine" penalty. If Pax got up, Chara probably only would have gotten 2.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

My bad manners... best wishes to Max.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

meh, it was just a boards battle with a finished check.  But the outcome was horrible.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

Puck was way gone. Certainly interference. Intent to injure? I simply doubt it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

Let's call it very unfortunate and hope he is OK. Look at the replays...the hit was late...should have been an interference call...the fact the stanchion was there is what caused the injury. It was not a high hit or a head target. Chara is a physical player, but not dirty. It should not have been a match penalty. An over reaction from the ref. In the replay you see the ref watching the play and his arm never went up, all the while watching the play.
    Don Cherry was just talking about this location on the boards and wondered aloud what it would take for this to be taken care of...need to be same height glass all the way around the rink, including the bench areas.
    Doc

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

As much as I hate all things Habs I hope Pacioretty is ok it did not look good. Agreed Kennedy late and not smart way after the puck left Pacioretty's stick.

When it comes to reviewing hits by the league Chara has some things in his favor he doesn't have a history of bad hits neither is he considered a dirty player around the NHL.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

If this happens ANYWHERE else on the boards its no call, simple as that.  Finishing off his check.  A little late, sure, but its never a problem any other time.

And why the hell isnt that padded?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

There should be a turnbuckle there like in WWE.  That would prevent injury and Looch could rip it open with his teeth when he is really intense.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

I am not sure if this applies to the part of the boards that Pax hit, but Montreal is one of 6 areans (until next year when the NHL mandated a change) that uses glass with very, very little give.

The NHL stepped in to require a change to the other type of glass because the 6 arenas in which the "non-giving" glass is present (including Colorado, where Savard's head hit the glass on a harmless Hunwick hit) have a significantly higher incidence of injuries than the other 24 rinks.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SteveM. Show SteveM's posts

[QUOTE]And why the hell isnt that padded?
    Posted by bigvig[/QUOTE]

And bright orange or safety green. Reminded me of the luge (?) accident in the Olympics. Protect these guys NHL.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins87. Show bruins87's posts

CHARA is the new nickname for CHAROGNE !!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

[QUOTE]As much as I hate all things Habs I hope Pacioretty is ok it did not look good. Agreed Kennedy late and not smart way after the puck left Pacioretty's stick. When it comes to reviewing hits by the league Chara has some things in his favor he doesn't have a history of bad hits neither is he considered a dirty player around the NHL.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Chara's not a dirty player at all. While I do think that his contact with Pac was because it was Pac (they do have a history), my take on this is that Chara was looking to make a routine bump on him, just to send a message. I simply don't believe that Chara, given his long history in the league, was looking to run him into the stantion.

I don't think the game misconduct is warranted, but after reading what some have posted, I now think it's a smart call. As someone else said, keeping Chara in the game may turn this into a crap-show...may as well keep him in the locker room and try to keep a lid on the potential for retribution. I hadn't thought about that, but considering the score, it makes sense.

A suspension to Chara would be IMO ridiculous. You may as well suspend the stantion.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

[QUOTE]If this happens ANYWHERE else on the boards its no call, simple as that.  Finishing off his check.  A little late, sure, but its never a problem any other time. And why the hell isnt that padded?
    Posted by bigvig[/QUOTE]
    It is padded. 

Agreed that this is probably not a penalty if it occured anywhere else on the ice.  I have never even heard of a five minute interference penalty before.  Purely a reaction to Pacioretty's injury. 

I hope he ls alright.  The way he went off the ice is certainly cause for concern.  Chara is a gentle giant who obviously doesn't want to hurt anyone.  It shows in the way he eased up on his slapshots after he broke a couple of guys' legs.  If this is a career altering/ending injury for Pacioretty, I wouldn't be surprised if it is also career altering for Chara.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: chara:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: chara : . I don't think the game misconduct is warranted, but after reading what some have posted, I now think it's a smart call. As someone else said, keeping Chara in the game may turn this into a crap-show...may as well keep him in the locker room and try to keep a lid on the potential for retribution. I hadn't thought about that, but considering the score, it makes sense. A suspension to Chara would be IMO ridiculous. You may as well suspend the stantion. Posted by Kennedy97[/QUOTE]

Yah that might be a smart veteran Ref move by McCreary to just shut down Chara for the night I didn't think of that as well. Ridiculous correct but we are talking about dartboard justice of Colin and his inconsistent rulings.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Jack Edwards just said Pacioretty concious and moving legs at the hospital that's real good news!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: chara : Yah that might be a smart veteran Ref move by McCreary to just shut down Chara for the night I didn't think of that as well. Ridiculous correct but we are talking about dartboard justice of Colin and his inconsistent rulings.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]
    I thought Colin couldn't make calls against the B's?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

wasn't that luge "accident" fatal?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from amazinglarry. Show amazinglarry's posts

Glad to hear that Pac is okay.  I didn't see the hit until I read it on the boards.  I was expecting the worst - and while no doubt anybody in Montreal reading this will think I'm just defending my team, I agree with Dupes in saying there was no malice.

To those saying the puck was 'way gone'... yeah, it was but it WAS there like half a second ago.  They were both going for it and Chara is finishing his check.  Interference maybe... 

Definitely no intent to injure the player but as a fan of the sport, and a human being, I'm very happy to hear he's okay.  That was some scary stuff.