chara

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from north1234. Show north1234's posts

Re: chara

dont worry ...he will make a miricle recovery to a standing ovation next game....that wasnt even a two minute penalty .. he touched the puck and left himself in a vunerable position...hell chara wasnt even looking at him when he supposingly clobbered him...what a joke ..only in habbyland.....man that rask is disapointing...not a big save ..just so out to lunch  on some shots....price just makes it look easy

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

In Response to Re: chara:
    There should be a turnbuckle there like in WWE.  That would prevent injury and Looch could rip it open with his teeth when he is really intense.
    Posted by OatesCam

For those of you old enough to remember -- George "The Animal" Steele. Famous for chewing thru the turnbuckle and chewing on the contents.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SteveM. Show SteveM's posts

Sounds like he is OK, thankfully. Lez Scabitants and their rouge neck yahoo fans wil be intown in a few weeks. O-flippin-le. Hopefully someone drives Mary (Gill) through the glass and gets Soupy to drop the gloves.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Yeah. Hope Max Pac is all right. I don't think that was a "cheap" hit, though. I don't think he was looking to plant Max into the stantion. He just stayed late on the man (illegal), but I don't think he was looking to knock Pacioretty out. Scary, though.  
    Posted by Kennedy97

that is how I saw the play.  Chara was actually looking up ice when he hit Pacioretty.  Chara's strength and size is the issue mostly.  The close up on Bergeron was the most telling on the reaction of the Bs players.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBostonBruins. Show TheBostonBruins's posts

Though I, like all Bruins fans, harbor an intense dislike for all things Hab, the scene on the Bell Centre ice is bigger than a sports rivalry. Chara is obviously not a dirty player, but that was a frightening hit. I truly hope Max Pacioretty is okay. Just a horribly unfortunate play. Scary, scary stuff. My prayers are for Max Pacioretty at this hour.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

In Response to Re: chara : that is how I saw the play.  Chara was actually looking up ice when he hit Pacioretty.  Chara's strength and size is the issue mostly.  The close up on Bergeron was the most telling on the reaction of the Bs players.  
    Posted by islamorada

Exactly 1camera saw Chara skate thru the non violent check and not even looking back, he didn't even see the result.

Bruins played a Clod pansified game and no hitting throughout, think Seguin threw the only hit.  White came after Boyc when he tried to hit pks, when Plekanec kneed Luc noone responded, totally peeeeeeeooooooooed me, I was thinking Cam all over again, luckily he had gotten around enough and was unijured.

I know for a fact no way would I ever play a nonsmack game against a team that only plays talk smack like the feffenn habs.

I know clod warned them pregame that they would get the extra pims all night, but they weren't getting them and they never played the body just let them skate.
     Ryder and Seg haters must have hated the game because they played better than the rest, and I was shocked at Thorn's game, just wished he would have thrown a few checks instead of trying to be Krejci. Kelly needs to go to the 4th line, not in sync with Ryd and Pev at all.

You drop Thorn off the roster and play Pail Camp and Kelly as 4th, you will have speed with a bit of talent.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I feel nothing but relief that Pac appears to be okay and I wwish him nothing but the best in his recovery.  No player (aside from Cooke) deserves that.

All of that said, I really think that Chara was the victim of a ill-timed interfernce penalty in a really bad spot.  Nothing more. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from thesawdoctor. Show thesawdoctor's posts

All the b.s. the habs pull and you feel sorry for this guy getting his bell rung? Are you kidding me? If that was one of the bruins the canadian's 'fans' would be cheering. It's hockey. And karma. Not to mention he'll be up and playing their next game. Just like all the others on their team.

And PK? What a bloody p*ssy! If the canadians aren't the most hated team in the nhl for the way they play I'm mystified. And their fans.... enough said. wahhhhhhhhhh.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from amazinglarry. Show amazinglarry's posts

Well thesawdoctor I guess in fairness the Habs fans were cheering when McQuaid was hit in the foot with a puck... which was bush league stuff...

But it was a scary play, regardless of it's intent (or in this case, non-intent... unintent?  hmmm) and as fans of the game you have to be happy he's doing "okay"... 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigPapaBear72. Show BigPapaBear72's posts

Really bad combination of circumstances here... Keep in mind this is the new NHL, this is the only option Chara has. Before he could have hooked him and that would have been it, now he can't.
    The guy's on a breakaway if you don't stop him, wat are you gonna do? A couple strides before, Paccioretty flies on the bench, a couple strides later he hits the glass. Either scenario = no injury. Let's face it, the only reason this is being talked about so much is the result of the hit (injury). The ref had to give a match penalty otherwise he would have lost control of the games, things would have gotten too crazy. Regardless, it's the first time ever that I saw a 5 minute Interference penalty with a game misconduct (yes interference was the call).
    Anyone who thinks Chara had intent to injure on that play has never played hockey. It's a split second thing, it's reacting to a situation, not attempting to injure or premiditated in any way. Chara said to Gomez afterwards he had no idea and didn't want to hit ghim - read his lips on the video.
    Bottom line is the league will punish the result, not the actual hit. Given Chara's reputation and that he has not been suspended for something like this before, I'd expect 3-5 games. Again, if Paccioretty gets up instead of being carried off on a stretcher, it's at best a 2 minute interference penalty.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Want to forget this game already.  Him not being paralyzed helps.  Every time there is a hit near that part of the boards I flinch.  Now I know why.  You'd think they could come up with something to put there that would at least keep a guy from getting seriously injured on plays like this.

From what I saw on the replay, Pacioretty decided to try to rocket past Chara right when Chara decided to bump him.  Really unfortunate timing.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from montrealrules. Show montrealrules's posts

After reviewing countless replays and slo-mos it does look like he lined him up pretty good. Even I don't want to believe he meant to do it intentionaly but it looks bad. Chara will have a problem now because there is a history with Pac when he took offense to a soft push in the back after that comeback from the Habs and went ballistic......the puck was long gone so he would have gotten a 2 min for 'obstruction' and it doesn't matter if he was looking up ice he knew what he was doing. I found it careless but I didn't really expect Bruin fans to agree and thats the beauty of these sites. The league will probably look at 'intent to injure' and decide. Who knows, there're inconsistent. Maybe couple games..maybe nothing at all, but Pac seems ok....was knocked out. I agree, Mtl does need to change their glass....first thing Rex said when he played for Mtl when they opened the Bell Centre. Saku too. 
    Anyway...he's moving his arms and legs and talking but being held over night for more tests and examinations just in case....!!! As a Habs fan thank you for yr concern and best wishes......that's classy. As for the rest of ya....not much to say...just haters.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from montrealrules. Show montrealrules's posts

in Response to Re: chara:
    In Response to Re: chara : I thought Colin couldn't make calls against the B's?
    Posted by callodthedom19

He can't..Mike Murphy will.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from amazinglarry. Show amazinglarry's posts

montrealrules I can see what you're saying - especially in slow-mo it looks like there's an extra shove but I think it's important to maintain proper perspective.  That whole thing happened within like half a second.  You can slow down or speed it up as much as you want and say "absolutely intentional" or "no way!" all you want.  

To me, it just looked like he was extending his arms to stop him from jumping by him because Pac was definitely going for the loose puck, knowing he could have beat a defenseman back to get it and been in on a great scoring opportunity.  

Chara definitely realized this and just tried to rub him out against the boards.  I don't think he intentionally tried to smack him into the turnbuckle.  

That's just my opinion though - but I'd like to think that I'm objective and would feel the same if the roles were reversed.  But you know what they say... wish in one hand... 

Either way, I'm very happy to hear that he's (in relative terms) okay, and conversive and moving arms and legs.  Scary moment definitely not only for Habs and B's fans, but for hockey fans.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

dont worry ...he will make a miricle recovery to a standing ovation next game....that wasnt even a two minute penalty .. he touched the puck and left himself in a vunerable position...hell chara wasnt even looking at him when he supposingly clobbered him...what a joke ..only in habbyland.....
    Posted by north1234

Next time Boston fans question the intelligence of your average Montreal fan based on what is posted on a message board or said on talk radio (and believe me, there are lots of stupid things posted and said by MTL fans), please remember this idiotic take. There are morons in every fan base, and this guy is living proof. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: chara : Next time Boston fans question the intelligence of your average Montreal fan based on what is posted on a message board or said on talk radio (and believe me, there are lots of stupid things posted and said by MTL fans), please remember this idiotic take. There are morons in every fan base, and this guy is living proof. 
    Posted by Kennedy97

The wrost time to come here is right after an emotional game (won or lost).  That's when all the clowns come out.  Wait a few days and you'll see some intelligent discussion on this topic.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

The new picture on the web of this sight shows chara's big glove on Max's head/side of face. Didnt notice that in the replays of last nights game. Max has both his arms at the side, No way to protect himself....His face took the full force of that hit on the glass.....Now I know why it knocked him out cold. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Chara will have a problem now because there is a history with Pac when he took offense to a soft push in the back after that comeback from the Habs and went ballistic......

See, even in your calm, reasoned post there is a nugget buried that shows the stuff that will always cause B's and Habs fans to argue.  The Habs just completed a huge emotional comeback win, and instead of just celebrating, Pac takes a cheap shot in the back to Chara.  Of course the little Smurf wasnt going to hurt Chara, thats not the point, but the purpose of it is to antagonize, start more garbage.  Of course, you blame Chara because the shot was a "soft push" and blame Chara for going "ballistic."

So, surprise, Pac isn't on Chara's Christmas card list.  Whose fault is that again?

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

In Response to Re: chara : The wrost time to come here is right after an emotional game (won or lost).  That's when all the clowns come out.  Wait a few days and you'll see some intelligent discussion on this topic.
    Posted by Fletcher1

Exactly, a lot of avatars (names) I have not seen in months.  The next time I hear some dim wit say women are emotional I will think of these posts. 

Sections
Shortcuts