CHARA

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from saddlecreekdan. Show saddlecreekdan's posts

CHARA

anyone that thinks this idiot is worth 7.5 million is out of their mind. highest paid D-man in the league and he can't even play the puck and continues to take stupid penalties. let all the sheep defend him, but let's face it, until the GM, coach and Lurch are out of town, this team isn't winning a cup. not renewing my tickets for next year with these guys being the core of the organization.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tuckerw3. Show Tuckerw3's posts

Re: CHARA

Is there another player in the NHL that is more intimidating than Chara?  He is worth the 7.5 mill just for that factor and o ya he can play too.  Blame there struggling on the fact that the fourth line is their most effective offensive line.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from saddlecreekdan. Show saddlecreekdan's posts

7.5 for intimidation? you're out of your mind. the guy is already past his prime, spare me the 'conditioning' BS as well. the fact you're throwing out the intimidation line is a joke. the bruins defense has been awful this season, with ramsey gone they're being exposed. the only reason they're so great at GA is because of their goaltending.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Tucker,

Intimidating when he uses it.  He hasnt used it in the last 2 yrs.  He has forgotten why he was one of the most feared men in hockey. 

I dont agree with Trolly who started this thread but I sure wish he played to his strengths

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from saddlecreekdan. Show saddlecreekdan's posts

In Response to Re: CHARA:
    [QUOTE]Tucker, Intimidating when he uses it.  He hasnt used it in the last 2 yrs.  He has forgotten why he was one of the most feared men in hockey.  I dont agree with Trolly who started this thread but I sure wish he played to his strengths
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

Not a trolly, have actually been a season ticket holder since before the lockout. Just don't have time to post on these boards. This team is getting back to the mediocrity level they were with Lewis. Settling for bottom feeder playoff spots won't cut it. The Bruins have organizational flaws that need to be corrected. Handing out a 7 year extension to a player with 12 years NHL service time is absolutely ludicrous. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinscam. Show bruinscam's posts

chara playing like crap   rather have gorges who gets 1.2

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

saddlecreek is right in his observations, chara has no meanness left in him. Its pretty bad that krecji has to drop the gloves and old man recchi has to do all the yapping. That penalty shot is a disgraceful call and CJ said nothing, as usual, how does a team get pumped to play hard and pysical when your coach is a panzie ?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tuckerw3. Show Tuckerw3's posts

At the end of the buffalo game the other day Chara was throwing haymakers so I do think he has some mean left in him and I understand your goaltending argument and I do think the bruins need to make some defensive changes but getting rid of their no. 1 Dman isn't the answer.  Chara will find his stride later this season but a coaching change may in fact be the answer.  We will see how it all folds out.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

Chara can be a very good Dman, mean at times and intimidating also but he has to lead by example. When the Bruins need a shot he is not giving it and when the Bruins are down where is the talk or the big slapshot. The Bruins need Chara to get more into his game and this could be modivation for the others. Chara has not been the worst but he could help make players look into themselves to play better. The capitain should take more of the bull by ths horns.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheShepherd. Show TheShepherd's posts

"the captain should take more of the bull by the horns."

Thats exactly what it boils down to. But how else can he do it?

He doesnt have to be big and mean, and fight everyone, or drop a huge slapshot tho...

What does/did Lidstrom, or stevie Y, or messier say in the locker room. they didnt fight or scare everyone or shoot the puck 105 mph. What is Chara doing in practice? What is he doing in the locker room in between periods, or before games? I think it goes far deeper than what we see on game nights.

I think he has the ability to be the best captain in the NHL. But, i think i ve said this before, do the coaches limit his ability to do that? Who watns chara in the box on a 5 minute mismatched talent fight? or 2 minutes for roughing when subban skates away. Its a fine line he has to walk on a nightly basis on how he can help this team.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number4forever. Show Number4forever's posts

Clearly Chara is not living up to his potential.  He is not the leader I expect him to be...given his salary and stature...He's invisible most of the time and for the most part a non-factor in games.....Yes he does play some good defence...but come on people he is capable of so much more.  He needs to step up his game..pinch alot more and get alot more physical....The other Bruin players would feed off of that..

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wboi92287. Show wboi92287's posts

[QUOTE]Tucker, Intimidating when he uses it.  He hasnt used it in the last 2 yrs.  He has forgotten why he was one of the most feared men in hockey.  I dont agree with Trolly who started this thread but I sure wish he played to his strengths
    this is because CJ doesn't want him fighting or making huge hits that in CJ's mind will be boarding penalties. I think CJ is holding back Chara.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

wbo-
    CJ doesnt wear skates and play the game.  You don't tell a warrior how to play.  He just does it.  You can't cage a lion.  It just can't be done.  I understand the fighting to a degree.  But you still need to keep people honest.  He wears the C b/c he is a monster that can hand out beat downs.  He wears it b/c he is a unique blend/combination of raw strength and good hockey ability.  Why eliminate the one aspect that sets him apart from every player in the league. 

Chara needs to play more like Pronger.  Hated, mean, hard to play against, nasty.  Lead! 

Sheppard, no offense.  But please dont compare Chara to 3 HOFers.  Chara wont get an invite. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number4forever. Show Number4forever's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CHARA : Not a trolly, have actually been a season ticket holder since before the lockout. Just don't have time to post on these boards. This team is getting back to the mediocrity level they were with Lewis. Settling for bottom feeder playoff spots won't cut it. The Bruins have organizational flaws that need to be corrected. Handing out a 7 year extension to a player with 12 years NHL service time is absolutely ludicrous. 
    Posted by saddlecreekdan[/QUOTE]
    Saddleceek...agree with you....I...like you...have a life...and probably wouldn't have time to post 3000+ posts....besides..I just learned about this board in the last month.   It seems to me that anyone in these posts, with a critical (and realistic view) of the current Bs with a small postage count is considered a troll.  Anyway..to your point.....I agree with your point about the organizational flaws.  I agree with the camp of posters who think CJ's style/system won't bring this team to the cup.  For the first time in years the B's finally have a team packed with skilled offensive players...yet this system does nothing but stymie this.   Don't get me wrong...I tend to like CJ but it seems the way he caoches the Bruins is to hope for a "tight" game "keep it within 1"....This is not what this team needs...time to play more wide open...Oh how I miss the Orr/Espo years..

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

In Response to CHARA:
    [QUOTE]anyone that thinks this idiot is worth 7.5 million is out of their mind. highest paid D-man in the league and he can't even play the puck and continues to take stupid penalties. let all the sheep defend him, but let's face it, until the GM, coach and Lurch are out of town, this team isn't winning a cup. not renewing my tickets for next year with these guys being the core of the organization.

shhhhhh the garden would be better off without you

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Don't have much to say about some of these comments, but, I do have some "observations" not complaints or criticism. Chara is big with a great wing span, but, if you watch his participation with his teammates, he is not really a team player. He is an individual performer. His game is well suited to Claude's defensive structure, but his play does not enhance his teammates play. This individuality became apparent, to me, when Claude paired Kamfer, who played so well with Seidenberg, with Chara, and told the kid to watch Chara. Kamfer did what Claude directed him to do and the smoothness went out of his game as he watched and waited. This same watch and wait has made other players pause, start, pause, and it becomes hard to keep any offensive flow going. Chara is big and strong, but HIS game is not a TEAM game and contributes to the disconnects in every game.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

I cant believe what I am reading ...Chara not only is intimidating but bring such a physical and respectful addition to the roster ...I was at the game in Montreal and before the game all the eyes are on Chara ...he is a big talented D (Norris trophy winner and Norris candidate for this season) everywhere the Bruins go he is a dominant player ....will you please stop all those stuid comments about Zdeno ...he is a player that all GM's would dream about having on their roster ...We (The B's) have him on our team ....so lets enjoy the ride and lets get all behind our players instead of always complaining .....Real fans please Post positive messages ....all the others please go to Hell ...

Stanley cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

He definetly no Pronger.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TylerSeguin. Show TylerSeguin's posts

I think Chara is a much better hockey player than Pronger,,,Bruins had Bobby Orr, than Ray Bourque and now Zdeno

Tyler

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

You forgot about Park.

The B's - the team that's had arguably four of the the top ten all time D - Shore,Orr, Bourque, and Park. (Though admittedly most of Park's best years were when he was always the bridesmaid to Orr for the Norris while he was with the Rangers- if there's no Orr, Park wins six straight).

Z's not at that level, but for his era he's one of the most dominant in then game

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CHARA : Not a trolly, have actually been a season ticket holder since before the lockout. Just don't have time to post on these boards. This team is getting back to the mediocrity level they were with Lewis. Settling for bottom feeder playoff spots won't cut it. The Bruins have organizational flaws that need to be corrected. Handing out a 7 year extension to a player with 12 years NHL service time is absolutely ludicrous. 

7 year extension I am Ok with but $ value needed to decrease, he is worth the money now, he is one of the elite and is dreaded in every arena by players and fans, but his value for 7 years, no matter the player is a game of guess whether they are 20 or 40.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

SIn Response to Re: CHARA:
    What is Zee supposed to do when people keep turtling on him?Who are the guys that are trying to fight him?It takes 2 people for a fight and I haven't seen him turning people down.