Chara

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishfinger. Show fishfinger's posts

Chara

I am sure the coaches must see it but Chara holds the puck way to long
    he needs to move it faster.  Watch how much quicker Hamilton moves the puck compared to Chara. When he holds the puck it often turns into a turnover and a good scoring chance for the other team. Also i see that being one of the main issues with there power play.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: Chara

You better email the coaches and let them know about this immediately, in case they missed it.  I could see Chara lecture after practice today.

Chara played great last night.  Chris Neil might think about moving the puck quicker too.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

You better email the coaches and let them know about this immediately, in case they missed it.  I could see Chara lecture after practice today.

Chara played great last night.  Chris Neil might think about moving the puck quicker too.

I never got to see the replay Fletch , but who did Zee fill in near the end of the game last  Night . Watching the game with a buddy who is a Hab fan , by the way ... Said that Chara is a monster out there , and said he is far and away the most intimidating defence man in the league .. I completely agree  , and I love having him in a Bruins jersey !

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

In response to fishfinger's comment:

he needs to move it faster.  Watch how much quicker Hamilton moves the puck compared to Chara. When he holds the puck it often turns into a turnover and a good scoring chance for the other team. Also i see that being one of the main issues with there power play.

For a good month now the forwards have been on the lazy side. That is probably the main reason Chara doesn't get the puck away quicker. The forwards aren't moving much and aren't where they are suppossed to be on the breakout.

On the power play, they all get planted and barely move. If you throw some dirt on them they would sprout tomatoes before the penalty is up.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishfinger. Show fishfinger's posts

Any player coming into the zone needs to watch out for him. i was not being critical of his play when defending agianst opposing players with the puck. But he holds the puck to long. Maybe it does have to do with the forwards not being in position when braking out and if you have not noticed there power play isnt working and imo part of the problem is puck movement. I think that Hamilton moves the puck faster when playing on the power play.

I like Chara and love him as a bruin....

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

In response to mitchco98's comment:

We're you watching the Montreal game , when Chara received the 17 mins in penalties , remind us what happened when he was not on the ice during that stretch .

I totally agree he looks slow and disoriented. As we witnessed Calgary could have got alot more for Iglina if they traded him last year. Boston should be looking at moving Lurch in the offseason, deep draft this year more downside than upside time to part ways along with that $7 million cap hit. He looks awful out there.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Chara holds the puck an extra second because he's worried the forwards aren't ready for the pass.

The forwards hold up because they are worried the pass will be delayed.

Cycle, meet Vicious.  This is one of the normal occurrences when this team goes through a slump.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I totally agree he looks slow and disoriented. As we witnessed Calgary could have got alot more for Iglina if they traded him last year. Boston should be looking at moving Lurch in the offseason, deep draft this year more downside than upside time to part ways along with that $7 million cap hit. He looks awful out there.

"Disoriented"??  You really think that's it.  I think he's a veteran, perennial Norris candidate who comfortable holding the puck for an extra second when there is no decent pass available, as opposed to just trying to get rid of the puck like younger players do.  Chara rarely makes a bad pass and doesn't rush it because of pressure.  The result is that sometimes he holds it long enough to face pressure from forecheckers.  He's definitely not disoriented. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

"Disoriented"??  You really think that's it.  I think he's a veteran, perennial Norris candidate who comfortable holding the puck for an extra second when there is no decent pass available, as opposed to just trying to get rid of the puck like younger players do.  Chara rarely makes a bad pass and doesn't rush it because of pressure.  The result is that sometimes he holds it long enough to face pressure from forecheckers.  He's definitely not disoriented. 

You mean like Matty Timander used to do,drove Pat Burns crazy.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

If the forwards [ plural ?] are not in position that's another major coaching problem. However, two games ago Chara was very sloppy in the first period. it was inconsistent with his normal performance, but , it may reflect on the overall malaise that settles in on occasion, which is again a coaching problem. If it's not something that coaching can correct, than the Bruins have the wrong players; which doesn't fit with the overall perspective of this team.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishfinger. Show fishfinger's posts

I agree that with him being a veteran he does not panic and make many bad passes.

But he needs to move the puck faster its a issue that needs to be addressed maybe its

a matter of working with the forwards so they can make them selves more avalable.