Chara

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Chara

So far is -2 and he has 3 points,so means he has been on the ice for a lot of the goals against,carrying on from finals with Chicago,know it's early but,think teams aren't trying to stay away from him anymore,there going right at him,just making an observation.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Re: Chara

Well, I think all of his points were on the PP so they'd have no effect on his +/-. It is still early, I'm sure even the best d-men have stretches of games where they are -2, but it goes unnoticed because it wasn't to start the season like this. He hasn't really looked that bad and I'd expect he improves.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

He was very good today.  Almost 25 minutes TOI playing against some of the best talent in the league.  No complaints from me.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to kitchener's comment:

So far is -2 and he has 3 points,so means he has been on the ice for a lot of the goals against,carrying on from finals with Chicago,know it's early but,think teams aren't trying to stay away from him anymore,there going right at him,just making an observation.

When you're on the ice for half of the game, mathcing the other teams top line every shift, you're gonna be on the ice for some opposing goals.  Other teams never were 'trying to stay away from him' really.  You can't.  He's out there too much.  They'd have to bench their stars.

I thought maybe you learned your lesson last year and were gonna be more patient, no?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

From what I can see I don't see him struggling or his game slipping. Every now and then, almost always after a loss, we get one of these threads pointing at the demise of Charas play. Been happening for a few years now and awhen it's all said and done, he's still in the top 3 in the league for defenseman, if not the first. Unfortunately it would probably take an injury with Chara having time off for some of these less educated fans to see how valuable he is to this team. To me, as it has been since he came here, he is still the most single significant player on the roster.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Teams are not staying away from Chara and he has not looked good. I do think Zdeno will iron out bad plays like today's undressing by Datsyuk. My observation is bad right now but will get better.

When Soderberg comes back I don't think birdbrain Ward will keep Z down low on the PP. NESN showed a graph that so far has Chara's avg. TOI as down compared to previous years. I think that is a good thing for saving Zdeno for the playoffs.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

If one listens to the media pundits of hockey, Chara was victimized by Chicago in the Stanley Cup.  if one looks a the real truth, Seidenberg was too slow to keep up with the Chicago forwards. So now we are on the mode of picking apart one of the reasons why the Bs won the Cup in 2011 and were in the finals last year.  He is getting older but the man is not the reason for a loss.  Try looking at the fact the Bs have no real number 2 defenseman, Seidenberg included.  Pray for the development of Hamilton, or make a trade.  Chara is still one of the best in the NHL  Sorry I disagree. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Move on... there are far weaker links to look at than Chara

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Teams are not staying away from Chara and he has not looked good. I do think Zdeno will iron out bad plays like today's undressing by Datsyuk. My observation is bad right now but will get better.

When Soderberg comes back I don't think birdbrain Ward will keep Z down low on the PP. NESN showed a graph that so far has Chara's avg. TOI as down compared to previous years. I think that is a good thing for saving Zdeno for the playoffs.

Yes basically what I was saying,not saying he is washed up or anything like that,is still very good but don't think he will be as dominant anymore.thoght the Leafs and Chicago ate him up last year, I agree about his ice time  doesneeds to go down this season.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I would not hold it against anyone for getting deked by Datsyuk.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Even on the Datsyuk-to-Zetterberg goal today, you have the play sprung by a bad Bergeron turnover.  That leaves Chara very high in the zone to defend an oncoming Datsyuk.  Chara gets beat with a move to the outside but still forces him very wide, considering the space he had to cover.  He does pretty well there actually.  Datsyuk makes a very tough angle pass, and Boychuk (I think) also isn't able to recover and pick up Zetterberg all of the way down low.  Zetterberg hits the mark on a tough shot from the goal line.  I don't see anything there that you can really rip Chara on.

The biggest factor in that goal was the turnover and the quick counter attack while Chara and Boychuk were moving forward, high in the zone.  Very hard to defend quick transition like that, and those two Wings are known to have a bit of skill.

It happens.  If you must blame someone, I'd give most of it to Bergy on that one.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsalways. Show bruinsalways's posts

Don't Know if Chara has lost a step or two maybee.either way I would like to see Hamilton playing evergame,he is the Bruin's future

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Obviously, it's a tiny sample size.  For what it is worth, his goals-against per 60 minuts of ice time is currently better for this season than in seasons past.  His +/- is suffering because the team isn't scoring nearly as much with him on the ice as normal.

That will probably change.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

THIS is why  everyone hates New England sports fans. I don't know if I can take this so early in the season.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to asmaha's comment:

THIS is why  everyone hates New England sports fans. I don't know if I can take this so early in the season.

Bruins lose and the trolls hit BDC.  That's the way it goes.  Pretty easy to separate the flowers from the weeds in here.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Even on the Datsyuk-to-Zetterberg goal today, you have the play sprung by a bad Bergeron turnover.  That leaves Chara very high in the zone to defend an oncoming Datsyuk.  Chara gets beat with a move to the outside but still forces him very wide, considering the space he had to cover.  He does pretty well there actually.  Datsyuk makes a very tough angle pass, and Boychuk (I think) also isn't able to recover and pick up Zetterberg all of the way down low.  Zetterberg hits the mark on a tough shot from the goal line.  I don't see anything there that you can really rip Chara on.

The biggest factor in that goal was the turnover and the quick counter attack while Chara and Boychuk were moving forward, high in the zone.  Very hard to defend quick transition like that, and those two Wings are known to have a bit of skill.

It happens.  If you must blame someone, I'd give most of it to Bergy on that one.

Well said.

Chara took a scorig chance away from Daytsuk and forced someone else to cover Zetterberg...the puck got under Boychuk(valiant effort but a little too late getting back) and over to Zetterberg - being covered by Reilly Smith, a rookie. It was the perfect combination of events for Detroit, but Chara couldn't be faulted for his part.

Unless you were looking for him to block the puck, ride Daytsuk into the boards and skate back the other way with the puck. High expectations indeed for a Dman that plays 25-30 mins a game. And a minus 2? Not worried about him at all at this stage of the season.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Ya Bergy lost the puck but we had enough men back. I actually though Smith should have been tighter on Zed. Not sure what Smith was doing, but he was in position to not let the puck get through. I think he just let up on the play for a split second and the puck was in the net. He's young and will make mistakes, but I didnt see that coming on a play like that.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

NESN showed a graph that so far has Chara's avg. TOI as down compared to previous years. I think that is a good thing for saving Zdeno for the playoffs.

You make any type of criticism of certain players on the Bruins and it's panic or you want the player traded.

When your teams offense is at 2.40 g/g you cannot get burned like that.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsalways. Show bruinsalways's posts

When you're on the ice for half of the game, mathcing the other teams top line every shift, you're gonna be on the ice for some opposing goals.  Other teams never were 'trying to stay away from him' really.  You can't.  He's out there too much.  They'd have to bench their stars.

I thought maybe you learned your lesson last year and were gonna be more patient, no?

What lesson did I learn last year,your still not harping how I gave up on Bruins against leafs,when they were down 4-1 are you.yeah I know I'm not the super fan like some of use on here,and all I'm saying about Chara is what I have obseved so far this season and against the Hawks,and also with the Leafs,attack him and hit him every chance. you get.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to bruinsalways' comment:

What lesson did I learn last year,your still not harping how I gave up on Bruins against leafs,when they were down 4-1 are you.yeah I know I'm not the super fan like some of use on here,and all I'm saying about Chara is what I have obseved so far this season and against the Hawks,and also with the Leafs,attack him and hit him every chance. you get.

So why do you have two accounts?  I responded to kitchener.  

Oops, hard to keep track of them I guess...?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

You have 2 of the best players on the planet that have been doing this to the best goaltenders & d-men on the planet for yrs. Chara is no exception to this rule. They're part of the best, because they have the ability to beat the best. I see no reason to be placing blame on Chara when this happens. The guy plays in every possible situation that the B's find themselves in during a game. He's going to have stretches where he's a - player. Let's see where he is at Christmas before we start saying he's off his game. Geezus; some people are over the top on this board sometimes! 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

You have 2 of the best players on the planet that have been doing this to the best goaltenders & d-men on the planet for yrs. Chara is no exception to this rule. They're part of the best, because they have the ability to beat the best. I see no reason to be placing blame on Chara when this happens. The guy plays in every possible situation that the B's find themselves in during a game. He's going to have stretches where he's a - player. Let's see where he is at Christmas before we start saying he's off his game. Geezus; some people are over the top on this board sometimes! 

This is my reaction too.  It's only a surprise if you think that Chara never gets beat.  

I expect Chara to get beat sometimes.  And when Datsyuk and Zetterberg are able to steal the puck in the neutral zone and come in for a quick counter attack, I think that any defenseman in the league struggles to slow those two down.  This is what Datsyuk and Zetterberg do, game in, game out.  

The notion that the Wings somehow strategized to play 'differently' against Chara, based on something they saw last June is ridiculous.  You think that if this happened last year Datsyuk curls back and starts the cycle instead of trying to score??  Of course not.

Chara and Boychuk weren't in the best spots to defend given the turnover and quick counter attack, and they got beat by two of the best players in the world.  It happens.

I see some things of concern in the Bruins so far, for sure (lack of speed is pretty glaring).  But Chara not being able to prevent Datsyuk from making a good pass, on one play, is not one of them.  And they're record is 3-2 after 5 games.

For all of the imperfections you expect to see in the first 5 games, this isn't so bad.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

NESN showed a graph that so far has Chara's avg. TOI as down compared to previous years. I think that is a good thing for saving Zdeno for the playoffs.

You make any type of criticism of certain players on the Bruins and it's panic or you want the player traded.

When your teams offense is at 2.40 g/g you cannot get burned like that.

I get what your saying San, but it's Datsyuk, thats all I'm saying.

•  
  • You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Cedfano rules !!!!!!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to bruinsalways' comment:

So why do you have two accounts?  I responded to kitchener.  

Oops, hard to keep track of them I guess...?

Oops sorry about that was still logged in under my sons account, he was here to visit over the holiday weekend

• Sections
    Shortcuts