Chara's game vs. Habs 11/11/10

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Chara's game vs. Habs 11/11/10

Overall I thought Chara had a strong game.  But the penalty he took with 8 seconds left in the 2nd period was something I'd expect from a rookie.  I know he was pissed but part of being a leader is keeping your composure.  Bad penalty that cost a goal.

Also, I was surprised Rask got the start.  Not blaming the loss on him, but Thomas is riding a wave here and CJ needs to recognize that, especially vs. Scabs.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Re: Chara's game vs. Habs 11/11/10

Bruins should have killed off the penalty bottom line..especially to start a period..The PK was awful last night, coverage was especially poor and lots of running around and not covering open men that the Habs had.. Chara's penalty was cheap that is why he got upset..don't blame him. Nevertheless the PK has been their strength but last night it was their downfall.  No one has more composure on the team than him..

I agree with your last point 150%  .. I posted similar on another post. Julien is poor in managing his goalie rotation.. He just goes by the book, not by feel... back to back games I have to start the other guy.. Jesus..I could do that .. Thomas is not tired..he is on a run.. ride the guy until he loses.. Hes only played 8 games..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tom857. Show Tom857's posts

Since when does he EVER play the same goalie in both games of a back-to-back? NEVER. Everyone know it was going to be Rask.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

In Response to Re: Chara's game vs. Habs 11/11/10:
    [QUOTE]Since when does he EVER play the same goalie in both games of a back-to-back? NEVER. Everyone know it was going to be Rask.
    Posted by Tommy617[/QUOTE]

Actually he did it quite a few times last year..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThirdJersey. Show ThirdJersey's posts

It's good to see Chara move up and take some wrist shots (as long as someone else covers his position).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

Thomas faced more than 40 shots in Pittsburgh the previous night. The team got in at probably 3 a.m. That is a situation tailor-made for even a run-of-the mill backup goalie, let alone someone like Rask. Thomas needed to sit. Rask needed to play. If the Bruins score their usual number of goals, Rask wins easily.

It's a long, long season. They can't ride Thomas into the ground, even if he is hot (which he isn't - he's been showing some creeping signs of fatigue in the past couple of games). Both of these guys need to play for this team to succeed over the course of 82 games.

To get back to the OP, Chara was tremendous, as he has been all season. Unfortunately a lot of the great plays he makes are so subtle and look so routine that they're easily overlooked.

What isn't overlooked (by officials) is when he overpowers opponents and often gets called for penalties other players can get away with.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

If I'm the coach, I start the goalie who I think gives me the best opportunity to win.  Right now that goalie is TT.  I know he needs rest, but there are no bigger games on the schedule than those vs. the Scabs.  TT should have started last night, Rask could have played this Sat. vs Ottowa.  Also, I think the team in general is more comfortable and confident with TT in net.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Kennedy97 said in another thread......  The Bs were exhausted in the third period. Chara, Lidstrom, Pronger et. al have penalties called on them during a game where they have to log in a lot of minutes or TOI ( I dislike acronyms).  If you put Savard or Krejci back in the line up, I think the offense would have been more responsive.  The officials last night were a bit out of synch as well.  Overall the young guys make mistakes but I rather have them learn now.... I like their energy.  I am trying to like Marchand.  I am working on it!  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

Chara looked fine.. althought the whole team looked very tired in the third. They werent skating.. it's that simple.

On a seperate note, Stuart has looked TERRIBLE these last few games. What happened to him that has made him so awful in his own end? When Boychuck comes back I am almost open to sitting him rather than Hunwick who has actually seemed to be geting stronger with each game.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Chara's game vs. Habs 11/11/10:
    [QUOTE]Overall I thought Chara had a strong game.  But the penalty he took with 8 seconds left in the 2nd period was something I'd expect from a rookie.  I know he was pissed but part of being a leader is keeping your composure.  Bad penalty that cost a goal. Also, I was surprised Rask got the start.  Not blaming the loss on him, but Thomas is riding a wave here and CJ needs to recognize that, especially vs. Scabs.
    Posted by hangnail[/QUOTE]
    Terrible call by the ref and terrible post by you.Grasping at things to complain about dosen't make you seem knowledgeable as much as it makes youseem like a fool.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Bruins should have killed off the penalty bottom line..especially to start a period..The PK was awful last night, coverage was especially poor and lots of running around and not covering open men that the Habs had.. Chara's penalty was cheap that is why he got upset..don't blame him. Nevertheless the PK has been their strength but last night it was their downfall.  No one has more composure on the team than him.. I agree with your last point 150%  .. I posted similar on another post. Julien is poor in managing his goalie rotation.. He just goes by the book, not by feel... back to back games I have to start the other guy.. Jesus..I could do that .. Thomas is not tired..he is on a run.. ride the guy until he loses.. Hes only played 8 games..
    Posted by cowboys9[/QUOTE]
    TT wasn't good against Pitt.Bruins won in spite of him rather than because of him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Chara does make a number of good plays, he also makes some mistakes like everyone else. Games are won or lost as a team effort. To win you need everyone clicking and cannot afford a line of Paille[ stone hands and zero puck control] Ryder[ sick or unwilling to work hard] and Seguin[ lots of talent, overwhelmed by Julien's defense at all costs, playing with less than capable wings]. Add in Wheeler who is still missing opportunities, trying hard in new role, but, not very successful; Then Stuart playing very poorly. Strong enough to be a stud all the time, but lacking either confidence or smarts. Finally, you have both Thornton and Julien thinking Thorny is a scorer when some flexibility, like Seguin with Campbell and Marchand in the 3rd might have created some better results. Julien's lack of flexibility is a detriment in a game against the Habs where their coach outthinks him.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chara's game vs. Habs 11/11/10 : TT wasn't good against Pitt.Bruins won in spite of him rather than because of him.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Disagree!! I thought I saw him stone Dupuis twice and Malkin point blank shots in the slot that could have changed the outcome of this game. They took 40 shots on goal bud..and he stops Crosby cross ice feed to Malkin if Stuart doesn't put it between his legs..Bruins won the game because they took advantage of a tired Penguins team in the 3rd, just like Montreal did it to us last night..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

[QUOTE]If I'm the coach, I start the goalie who I think gives me the best opportunity to win.  Right now that goalie is TT.  I know he needs rest, but there are no bigger games on the schedule than those vs. the Scabs.  TT should have started last night, Rask could have played this Sat. vs Ottowa.  Also, I think the team in general is more comfortable and confident with TT in net.

Honestly, I don't think Boston wins last night regardless of who was in goal for them. They scored one goal, really didn't threaten all that often, and were completely outskated especially as the game wore on. To salvage even a tie after regulation you'd need to have had an absolutely Herculean effort, and expecting Thomas to keep doing that (after giving up 4 goals 24 hours before and traveling back to Boston) is expecting quite a lot.

Rask didn't lose the Bruins the game last night. The B's were outplayed pretty much everywhere except for the physical department, and that wasn't enough to compensate for Montreal skating better, having better special teams (for once) and having their own very good goaltending. Rask didn't steal the game, but like I mentioned, I think it's unrealistic to expect that any goaltender would given the game Boston played last night.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chara's game vs. Habs 11/11/10 : Disagree!! I thought I saw him stone Dupuis twice and Malkin point blank shots in the slot that could have changed the outcome of this game. They took 40 shots on goal bud..and he stops Crosby cross ice feed to Malkin if Stuart doesn't put it between his legs..Bruins won the game because they took advantage of a tired Penguins team in the 3rd, just like Montreal did it to us last night..
    You trash Rask after 38 saves yet you applaud TT for making 40 (and letting in 4).If you want to gauge a performance on number of saves alone then Rask actually had a better game than TT's last performance(and before you accuse me of not giving TT credit I'll let you know I don't care who plays net as long as they play well).

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chara's game vs. Habs 11/11/10 : You trash Rask after 38 saves yet you applaud TT for making 40 (and letting in 4).If you want to gauge a performance on number of saves alone then Rask actually had a better game than TT's last performance(and before you accuse me of not giving TT credit I'll let you know I don't care who plays net as long as they play well).
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

I don't think I trashed Rask at all in regards to number of shots.. It was the soft goals that Rask let in..especially the first one which is huge in terms of getting momentum your way...in the end what it boils down to me is wins and loses for the Bruins, and right now its not even close..that's fact.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Rask looked shakey particularly on the first goal...

Subban was awesome...

Who's Chara ?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chara's game vs. Habs 11/11/10 : I don't think I trashed Rask at all in regards to number of shots.. It was the soft goals that Rask let in..especially the first one which is huge in terms of getting momentum your way...in the end what it boils down to me is wins and loses for the Bruins, and right now its not even close..that's fact.
    I didn't think any of Pitts goals were great.TT looked alot like last years model-overplaying shots,going down early and then flopping around,etc.Like I said,I like them both and have no real preference aside from winning.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chara's game vs. Habs 11/11/10 : WOW!  Why all the hate?   Relax big guy and take a break from this board if other people's opinions make you angry.
    I don't know what makes you think I'm angry.Sorry to call you a fool.I guess we just don't agree but it was unfair of me to question your intelligence(you probably work at MIT).

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

In Response to Chara's game vs. Habs 11/11/10:
    [QUOTE]Overall I thought Chara had a strong game.  But the penalty he took with 8 seconds left in the 2nd period was something I'd expect from a rookie.  I know he was pissed but part of being a leader is keeping your composure.  Bad penalty that cost a goal. Also, I was surprised Rask got the start.  Not blaming the loss on him, but Thomas is riding a wave here and CJ needs to recognize that, especially vs. Scabs.

What cost the goal was the #1 PK in the league unable to kill off the penalty.  My only complaint is that he didn't hammer him harder -- make them think twice next time someone wants to screw with Chara in the crease. Habs palyed a good game and made the best of their opportunities. Rask made many great saves but couldn't stop the easier ones.