Chara's style of defense

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Chara's style of defense

Chara + Thomas (or Rask or Joey Macdonald)= low goals against.

Good defenseman.

Leave it alone.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Chara's style of defense:
    [QUOTE]Chara + Thomas (or Rask or Joey Macdonald)= low goals against. Good defenseman. Leave it alone.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    He could win another Norris this year and still be trashed on this forum immediately after.You've been right for awhile now.People just don't get how much he does for this team.He's someone that NOBODY likes to play against.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Everyone knows I am not the biggest Chara supporter.  But he is one of the best dmen in the league and we are lucky to have him.  My beef is that the reason he is an elite dman is b/c of the way he used to play.  I wish he would go back to that style more often.  I wish he had the Chris Pronger dirty side.  I think all in all he is a guy that is well respected and liked around the league.  Sometimes its harder to knock someones head off if you like them.  But when he 1st came into his own he absolutely destroyed guys like Leclair when they camped in front of the net.  The game has changed a lot since then. 

I still believe he is top 10 dmen in the league.  But to get to the next level of status he has to show it in the playoffs.  People ripped Jumbo Joe for the same thing.  I just want Chara to lead this team deep into the playoffs.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

[QUOTE]Everyone knows I am not the biggest Chara supporter.  But he is one of the best dmen in the league and we are lucky to have him.  My beef is that the reason he is an elite dman is b/c of the way he used to play.  I wish he would go back to that style more often.  I wish he had the Chris Pronger dirty side.  I think all in all he is a guy that is well respected and liked around the league.  Sometimes its harder to knock someones head off if you like them.  But when he 1st came into his own he absolutely destroyed guys like Leclair when they camped in front of the net.  The game has changed a lot since then.  I still believe he is top 10 dmen in the league.  But to get to the next level of status he has to show it in the playoffs.  People ripped Jumbo Joe for the same thing.  I just want Chara to lead this team deep into the playoffs.
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]
    I agree shupe. A lot of people, especially bruins fans, strongly dislike Pronger because he is one dirty mofo. But call him dirty all you want, theres no denying he is very effective. I definately wish Chara played more like Pronger.

This is not to say Chara isnt effective or good. He is still an elite defenseman, but IMO he could be even better than what he is

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rjd57. Show rjd57's posts

No question Chara is a good defenseman. But he's not worth $7 million for seven years, or whatever his contract is now. People will be screaming about his contract in two or three years.

I'd feel a lot better about him if he didn't give up possession of the puck so often. It puts a lot of pressure on the forwards and on the goalie. His ability to move the puck is near zero. Bad passes, slow feet, bad decisions.

Very frustrating. I cringe every time he touches the puck. When Wideman had is good year, it wasn't so noticeable, but now ...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

rj,

I agree about the contract.  But I feel they will need to find someone who can partner with him and be fleet of foot. 

In terms of his ability on the ice...b/c of his size they are more noticeable.  It may look like he is lumbering but he moves well for a big man. 

In order for him to be effective he needs to find his physical game.  I don't think the new rules help him at all.  But I do believe he needs to be noticed out there.  It would be like having Shaq and him never getting a rebound.  Thats the way I feel Chara plays now. 

But, having said that I am still very glad we have him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]rj, I agree about the contract.  But I feel they will need to find someone who can partner with him and be fleet of foot.  In terms of his ability on the ice...b/c of his size they are more noticeable.  It may look like he is lumbering but he moves well for a big man.  In order for him to be effective he needs to find his physical game.  I don't think the new rules help him at all.  But I do believe he needs to be noticed out there.  It would be like having Shaq and him never getting a rebound.  Thats the way I feel Chara plays now.  But, having said that I am still very glad we have him.
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]
    Hopefully Chara gives Gaustad a beating tonight to get back in your good graces.HNY Shupe.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

dez,

right back at ya.  he had a goal for me.  no way guastad would even consider it. 

Sections
Shortcuts