Charges dropped!!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottm50. Show scottm50's posts

Charges dropped!!!!!

"Brookline Police Captain Thomas Keaveney told CBC News that a judge on Friday dismissed all charges that were initially laid one week ago."

Common sense prevails...congratulations Mike!!!  From all the stuff I've read about the "incident'...he did the right thing in breaking up the fight.  Big deal, he pulled on the boys sweater and cussed.  Who cares!!  He did the right thing in my opinion and I hope Mike, Jake and the rest of the Milbury family has a great Christmas!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Charges dropped!!!!!

All of those who were quick to crucify or quick to post all of the possible sentences or in depth descriptions of the absurd charges should be ashamed.

Law enforcement in Quebec should take note on how to handle non-incidents.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

It's a discussion board. Discussing what the media has reported and feeling ashamed about it. I don't. I based my thoughts on what was written.

Good for Milbury. Bad for the media. If they blew things out of proportion with their stories they should be the one's who should feel ashamed about it if inaccuracies were reported. People were giving their opinions based on the assumption of facts through the media.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Charges dropped!!!!!:
    [QUOTE]All of those who were quick to crucify or quick to post all of the possible sentences or in depth descriptions of the absurd charges should be ashamed. Law enforcement in Quebec should take note on how to handle non-incidents.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    Versus really owes Mike more than an apology. They took no time in hanging him out to dry.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

I love it! Merry xmas to the accusers parents no milbury money for you!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

Is he going to be back on the air anytime soon?  I thought it was just a temporary thing from Versus and CBC until the incident got sorted out. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

[QUOTE]It's a discussion board. Discussing what the media has reported and feeling ashamed about it. I don't. I based my thoughts on what was written. Good for Milbury. Bad for the media. If they blew things out of proportion with their stories they should be the one's who should feel ashamed about it if inaccuracies were reported. People were giving their opinions based on the assumption of facts through the media.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

I agree with the first paragragh completely.  I don't agree that you should feel ashamed.  However, then you go on to backhand the media.  You were pulling quotes from angry Mom's in chatrooms.  You weren't the only one.  This is how these things grow.  I don't blame you or anybodsy else individually, but blaming he media. I guess if you really need to you should probably put it in context with an example of improper reporting. Otherwise, it seems more like deflecting to me.
    As you know I respect you and your opinions.  I don't think this is a big deal, just didn't like seeing the blanket statement.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

God I love it when I'm right! Happens a lot actually ;)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]All of those who were quick to crucify or quick to post all of the possible sentences or in depth descriptions of the absurd charges should be ashamed. Law enforcement in Quebec should take note on how to handle non-incidents.

There were conflicting reports on this one, some folks simply allowed bias to steer them to the reports that fed that bias. Ashamed might be a strong word, but it never looks good for posters when they way overplay their hand.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]It's a discussion board. Discussing what the media has reported and feeling ashamed about it. I don't. I based my thoughts on what was written. Good for Milbury. Bad for the media. If they blew things out of proportion with their stories they should be the one's who should feel ashamed about it if inaccuracies were reported. People were giving their opinions based on the assumption of facts through the media.

I don't know how it is in Canada, but our "news" here has gone the tabloid journalism route on steroids.

Find the show "most shocking home videos".
    Add in the weather and some sports scores.
    Bingo, you have a typical US news show.
    Foreign events only qualify if they have the wow factors of:
    1) number of people killed, will get on the news is the number is high and at least some video.  tsunami - nah...  tsunami with video is a winner.
    2) Dramatic video no matter how non-incident it is.

Public figure having ANYTHING to do with a child?
    As irresistable to the media as elbowing to Cooke in a game with no refs.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Charges dropped!!!!! : I agree with the first paragragh completely.  I don't agree that you should feel ashamed.  However, then you go on to backhand the media.  You were pulling quotes from angry Mom's in chatrooms.  You weren't the only one.  This is how these things grow.  I don't blame you or anybodsy else individually, but blaming he media. I guess if you really need to you should probably put it in context with an example of improper reporting. Otherwise, it seems more like deflecting to me. As you know I respect you and your opinions.  I don't think this is a big deal, just didn't like seeing the blanket statement.
    Posted by RickyHussle[/QUOTE]

Actually Rickey, 100 % incorrect. All the things that I posted were from the same source. An online article. I posted only what they wrote with nothing from any chat line. I don't even know a Mom's chat line existed until someone else posted it and wouldn't even know how to find it.

So please throw those 'blanket statement' claims out you have accused me of.Wink

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Charges dropped!!!!! : I don't know how it is in Canada, but our "news" here has gone the tabloid journalism route on steroids. Find the show "most shocking home videos". Add in the weather and some sports scores. Bingo, you have a typical US news show. Foreign events only qualify if they have the wow factors of: 1) number of people killed, will get on the news is the number is high and at least some video.  tsunami - nah...  tsunami with video is a winner. 2) Dramatic video no matter how non-incident it is. Public figure having ANYTHING to do with a child? As irresistable to the media as elbowing to Cooke in a game with no refs.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

Same here . Sensationalism rules over here too.

Hey speaking of that . There's this guy the Bruins drafted . I hear he can't skate.......

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

I'm really not sure why people slamming the media on this and by media, I'm talking about news reports, not what talking heads say on talk shows. Milbury was arrested -- that's news. They reported what was in the police report, Journalism 101 I would guess, and had comments from witnesses that had comments supporting Milbury and against it. When Milbury talked, there was that story to give his side. Hardly anything controversial.

All the controversy came with comments on internet message boards and sports talk shows, but I wouldn't lump that in with traditional media. Sure, traditional media will blow things out of proportion at times, but that didn't happen with this story from what I saw.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Charges dropped!!!!! : Versus really owes Mike more than an apology. They took no time in hanging him out to dry.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Good for Mike on this one. Always glad when justice prevails. Maybe 2 apologies necessary -- Versus to Mike and Mike to everyone -- for sounding like a moron everytime he opens his mouth.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

BuIIshit. There was a news story. Making observations and bringing to light the possible consequences of that news story if true is no reason for shame. Get your homer glasses off, NAS. This is the outcome. Great. But bringing to light other possible outcomes is no reason for shame. Get a grip. There are at least 50 outcomes to almost any story. To, without judgment, highlight a few of those most plausible and possible outcomes, is no reason for shame. I feel absolutely none, and I'm glad this has been settled. But get off your high horse and stop pretending like I was doing anything other than passing along worst case scenario facts. A fact is a a fact. BTW, I got that fact not from the media, but through curiousity I took the time to read Mass. Commonwealth law. Curiousity. That's not a sin, unless you're a cat.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

OK let's not overreact everyone. Good for Mike to prevail in an atmosphere that I grew up in and hasn't changed much in all those years. Quoting "potential" charges  just to spice up the news , is not professional police work, just someone looking to get their name in the paper. You are forgiven Chowda, now , please report the truth on Doug Hamilton's performance at the WJC.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Charges dropped!!!!! : BuIIshit. There was a news story. Making observations and bringing to light the possible consequences of that news story if true is no reason for shame. Get your homer glasses off, NAS. This is the outcome. Great. But bringing to light other possible outcomes is no reason for shame. Get a grip. There are at least 50 outcomes to almost any story. To, without judgment, highlight a few of those most plausible and possible outcomes, is no reason for shame. I feel absolutely none, and I'm glad this has been settled. But get off your high horse and stop pretending like I was doing anything other than passing along worst case scenario facts . A fact is a a fact. BTW, I got that fact not from the media, but through curiousity I took the time to read Mass. Commonwealth law. Curiousity. That's not a sin, unless you're a cat.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

That is my point.  That is exactly my point.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

I do hope that he's able to get his job at Versus back.....his comments crack me up from time to time.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]OK let's not overreact everyone. Good for Mike to prevail in an atmosphere that I grew up in and hasn't changed much in all those years. Quoting "potential" charges  just to spice up the news , is not professional police work, just someone looking to get their name in the paper. You are forgiven Chowda, now , please report the truth on Doug Hamilton's performance at the WJC.
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]

No idea what any of this means.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I hope Milbury never forks over the $500 cash to rent that rink with those people again. Hopefully MM can find another organization in that area but I doubt it very much. Goes to show you in today's star struck society when a celebrity tries to be a regular guy with his kid he gets looked at like a dollar sign very sad.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Chowda, your postings on Juniors are always informative.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Don't sugar coat ur attitude Chowda! Be a man & fully admit you were wrong! We all have to do it. You're no better than the rest of us. You let your own personal feelings about the guy get in the way of justice! You had the guy hung without knowing all what the "TRUTH" was! It's guilty till proven innocent. You didn't have that attitude at all. You would've used quotes from the National Enquirer if it would've supported your way. Don't deny it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Charges dropped!!!!! : Don't sugar coat ur attitude Chowda! Be a man & fully admit you were wrong! We all have to do it. You're no better than the rest of us. You let your own personal feelings about the guy get in the way of justice! You had the guy hung without knowing all what the "TRUTH" was! It's guilty till proven innocent. You didn't have that attitude at all. You would've used quotes from the National Enquirer if it would've supported your way. Don't deny it.
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

Have you ever had a yappy little dog that is nipping away at your pant leg barking and pretending to be like a pit bull ? I chuckle when this happens.

The ' little man syndrome ' is a good way of describing it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Charges dropped!!!!! : Have you ever had a yappy little dog that is nipping away at your pant leg barking and pretending to be like a pit bull ? I chuckle when this happens. The ' little man syndrome ' is a good way of describing it.
    As always Chowda finds a way to not admit he's wrong! Well said Chowda!