Cheap shot by Taylor Hall

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Cheap shot by Taylor Hall

Clutterbuck never had the puck.  This is about as predatory as they come IMO. I hope Shanny lowers the boom on him.

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=35&id=204233&navid=nhl:topheads   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: Cheap shot by Taylor Hall

Looks like he's been watching old Ulf video.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Good analogy red I can't think of any reason Hall would make this hit other than to injure

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

Heck with him........Seggy is way better

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Not trying to defend him.  But players have no idea how to hick with rules changing daily.  Wasnt a head shot.  Could have been if he decides to chek him.  

It went from knees to heads and back to knees.  Players dont wanna target the upper body or fear of suspension.  Well.  Lower body is still there. 

Again, not defening his actions at all.  Just think hockey is lost.  Soon open ice hits will be taken out all together.  Maybe thry can wear pimk jerseys and long cooperall then as well.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=656894&navid=nhl:topheads

Oh man does that idiot Hall have a future date with Clutterbuck later this season and a date with Shanahamer today. Talylor is going to get beat into dust by one of the toughest hombres in the league. So not only will Hall get suspended but a good ol fashion Butte woopin, GOOD!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Its a fast game , but that was a bad hit, unwarranted and careless. It looked like Hall knew who it was and wanted to get him.Clutterbuck must have give him a good hit earlier in the game to make Hall want to do that. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

He better have eyes on the back of his helmet after that hit, your on a team that doesn't play overly physical no one there to protect you son good luck. He goes down it will be three seasons in a row.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Not trying to defend him.  But players have no idea how to hick with rules changing daily.  Wasnt a head shot.  Could have been if he decides to chek him.  

It went from knees to heads and back to knees.  Players dont wanna target the upper body or fear of suspension.  Well.  Lower body is still there. 

Again, not defening his actions at all.  Just think hockey is lost.  Soon open ice hits will be taken out all together.  Maybe thry can wear pimk jerseys and long cooperall then as well.  

I somewhat agree with your logic shupe but I would rather see hits that serve A STRATEGIC PURPOSE, rather than hits designed to injure, which is what this hit is.  I also don't mind hits that may not be the cleanest, but are designed to send a message (see Lucic on Miller - stay in your crease dope and don't challenge my speed or I will freight train you).  Subtle differences between the two but intent should always be analyzed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

I don't think there was any malice on Hall's part here. He's was pretty reckless in juniors and hasn't quite been cured of it in the NHL. There's a fine line between fearless and reckless. Hope he figures it out.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

Yikes , that is just plain ugly . Im going to say 5 games. predatory , dangerous hit, with the potential to end a guys career. There is no place in hockey for this kind of sh!te.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishfinger. Show fishfinger's posts

In response to red75's comment:

Looks like he's been watching old Ulf video.

That is exactly what i thought when i saw the hit. You can end a career with a hit like that just ask Cam.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Beezfan4life's comment:

Yikes , that is just plain ugly . Im going to say 5 games. predatory , dangerous hit, with the potential to end a guys career. There is no place in hockey for this kind of sh!te.

Agreed.  And he is going to catch a beating in an upcoming Wild game.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

In response to Beezfan4life's comment:

Agreed.  And he is going to catch a beating in an upcoming Wild game.

One can only hope.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

If a player has not figured out by now , at the NHL level , that this kind of hit does not belong in the game...Maybe they need to have a chat with Cam Neely.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I kind of agree with shupe here -- this isn't quite as easy as people are making it.  Maybe Clutterbuck didn't have the puck, but he sure looked like he was taking it until the last second.  Hall was lining him up before he decided to skate over the puck and leave it for his teammate. I don't have a problem with trying to hit him there.

Now, obviously it became a clip and he caught just the leg, which is bad.  But like shupe said, you're avoiding the head, you're avoiding sticking out the elbow, and there is a last second change (not taking the puck).  So Hall has to react pretty quickly and it may be that second of indecision that causes him to clip him instead of hitting him outright.  He throws out the hip though, not the knee.  

So maybe he deserves a game or two, but let's admit that it is really, really hard to deliver an open ice check these days.  I am one that doesn't think Hall is being predatory here.  Looks like a mistake.  Hip check gone bad.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

I kind of agree with shupe here -- this isn't quite as easy as people are making it.  Maybe Clutterbuck didn't have the puck, but he sure looked like he was taking it until the last second.  Hall was lining him up before he decided to skate over the puck and leave it for his teammate. I don't have a problem with trying to hit him there.

Now, obviously it became a clip and he caught just the leg, which is bad.  But like shupe said, you're avoiding the head, you're avoiding sticking out the elbow, and there is a last second change (not taking the puck).  So Hall has to react pretty quickly and it may be that second of indecision that causes him to clip him instead of hitting him outright.  He throws out the hip though, not the knee.  

So maybe he deserves a game or two, but let's admit that it is really, really hard to deliver an open ice check these days.  I am one that doesn't think Hall is being predatory here.  Looks like a mistake.  Hip check gone bad.

This ^^^^^^. The " Voice of Reason " has returned after a long hiatus.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

You don't think the hit was way late after Clutterbuck passes the puck ?

The "too late to turn back now or can't stop the follow through" was the defense of Vancouver fans for the Rome hit on Horton...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I see this differently than some here.

I see this as a brutally vicious play with full intention.  No, you can't target the head or use your elbows.  That just means you have to go old school and use such crazy body parts as shoulder and hips.

No Ulfie as much as Bryan Marchment.

I hope he gets five games minimum for a dirty play that has absolutely no place in any hockey league.  And when Clutterbuck comes back...if Clutterbuck comes back...I hope he pounds Hall through the ice.  Multiple times.

And to the "Seggy is better" guy:  You're a tool.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I see this differently than some here.

I see this as a brutally vicious play with full intention.  No, you can't target the head or use your elbows.  That just means you have to go old school and use such crazy body parts as shoulder and hips.

No Ulfie as much as Bryan Marchment.

I hope he gets five games minimum for a dirty play that has absolutely no place in any hockey league.  And when Clutterbuck comes back...if Clutterbuck comes back...I hope he pounds Hall through the ice.  Multiple times.

And to the "Seggy is better" guy:  You're a tool.

Was there anyone more filthy with the knees , than Bryan Marchment ? ....nope

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Maybe it would help me if we focus on what the penalty/infraction is.  I know it looks horrible and Clutterbuck probably has a blown out knee, but...

-They called kneeing, but it wasn't.  He got him with the hip.

-I didn't think it was particularly late, the puck was in his skates a 1/4 second before the hit.

-It wasn't charging, he was gliding.

-No head contact.  No elbowing.

-I don't think it was low enough to be 'clipping'.  He got clipped in the literal sense, but he wasn't hit below the knee, per the rule.

I'm not sure what you suspend him for?  I think Clutterbuck was about to get hammered and then cut hard towards the center almost avoiding the hit, but causing it to only catch his leg.  I think Hall came in a little low with the hip, so he could be punished for that, I guess, but if he catches him squarely it isn't even a penalty.  He just didn't get enough of him.

Wish the best for Clutterbuck -- it looks horrible.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

You don't think the hit was way late after Ckutterbuck passes the puck ?

The "too late to turn back now or can't stop the follow through" was the defense of Vancouver fans for the Rome hit on Horton...

But the Rome hit had a laundry list of infractions that this one is missing, a few are:

-Very late

-Direct contact to the head

-Leaving your feet

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Fletch, I looked at three different angles - where does Hall's hip touch him? I can't see him make any contact with his hip.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to red75's comment:

Fletch, I looked at three different angles - where does Hall's hip touch him? I can't see him make any contact with his hip.

Looks like hip/thigh to me.  He certainly doesn't stick his knee out.  The unfortunate thing for Clutterback is that his knee is out to the side while he cuts back inward.  I wouldn't say either guy sticks the knee out.  It looks to me like Hall is trying to catch him with the hip and Clutterbuck is trying to avoid it.  No?

I'm not sure about Hall's intent, but it sure did look like a good spot to deliver an open ice hit about a half-second before it happened.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

It's not a puck issue.  If the guy has the puck or doesn't, that's kneeing all day and it's as dirty as hell.

Sections
Shortcuts