Cheap shot by Taylor Hall

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Cheap shot by Taylor Hall

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=656981

Hall got a two game suspension.

I think that's fair

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

I'm circling all the Oiler-Wild games on my calendar. I'll be watching 'em all.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrrGOAT2. Show No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's posts

March got 5, Porter got 4, Larocque 5 games

OV 2 games,  Boogard 2 games,     fair enough I guess

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjcaesar. Show kjcaesar's posts

Hall is not dirty player. But that hit was dirty hit. That could have ended Cluterback's career! Everyone make mistakes, hope Hall learned his lesson from this. I would say the same thing if Seguin made similar hit like that so move on.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Good.  Not too much, not a simple fine.

True.  All things considered (i.e., his history) Shanahan made the appropriate judgement on this one.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

I think that's fair

http://www.startribune.com/ 

It is, San.  Unfortunately Clutterbuck's been diagnosed with a thigh contusion.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to ipotnyc's comment:

Mark down March 3 in your calendars, Clutterbuck in or out of the lineup.

I would do that, but most hyped games destined for violence end up pretty disappointing.  B's vs. Pens a few years ago should have been an all night slugfest.  Instead, two minutes in, Thornton threw a few punches and that was that.  And then the B's got spanked.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I think that's fair
    http://www.startribune.com/

It is, San.  Unfortunately Clutterbuck's been diagnosed with a thigh contusion.

I know what Cam will be thinking when he reads that. Too bad I like Clutterbuck's game!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Those of you who think the punishment fit the crime are going soft.  Let's change the scenario a bit and assume that Hall laid out one of the B's top 6 forwards, or Datsyuk, Crosby, Toewes, or Kane, etc; and not a 3rd line grinder.  It was clearly an attempt to injure a defenseless player who NEVER HAD THE PUCK.  Why is 2 games ok?  His intent was malicious in nature and could have ended a career.  Two games is an injustice.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

Those of you who think the punishment fit the crime are going soft.  Let's change the scenario a bit and assume that Hall laid out one of the B's top 6 forwards, or Datsyuk, Crosby, Toewes, or Kane, etc; and not a 3rd line grinder.  It was clearly an attempt to injure a defenseless player who NEVER HAD THE PUCK.  Why is 2 games ok?  His intent was malicious in nature and could have ended a career.  Two games is an injustice.

I think, and this is 100% speculation, that it was a reactionary move, not an intentionally dirty move.  I have nothing whatsoever to back this up, but when I think of the thought process involved here, I see it as "Gonna get him.  Damn, I'm gonna get beat here.  Quick, do something" instead of "I'm taking out his knee.  Perfect."

Hall isn't Marchment, Cooke, Ruutu, or Simon.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[/QUOTE]

Not yet anyway!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I know he didnt have the puck, but, the puck was inches away from his foot. It looks like it actually hopped over his foot, a second later he is laid out.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I think, and this is 100% speculation, that it was a reactionary move, not an intentionally dirty move.  I have nothing whatsoever to back this up, but when I think of the thought process involved here, I see it as "Gonna get him.  Damn, I'm gonna get beat here.  Quick, do something" instead of "I'm taking out his knee.  Perfect."

[/QUOTE]

Whoa wait a minute NAS  I'm glad I re-read this. Gonna get beat?  By who?  A guy who doesn't have the puck?  If he wanted to stop him he could have just stuck his stick out and tripped him.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

Not yet anyway!

[/QUOTE]

True, but he still is a dousch...  He even looks like one. This pic says it all...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

http://www.fanpop.com/clubs/taylor-hall/images/11640806/title/taylor-hall-ll-photo

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Whoa wait a minute NAS  I'm glad I re-read this. Gonna get beat?  By who?  A guy who doesn't have the puck?  If he wanted to stop him he could have just stuck his stick out and tripped him.

[/QUOTE]

Hang, it seems clear to me that Clutterbuck was trying to play the puck and missed it. I think Hall was just trying to put his rear end into Clutterbuck's stomach and barely missed. Very hard hit indeed but I can't see the amount of malice on the play that you do. That said, we're also miles apart on the Marchand/Salo incident. It would seem as if we view clean and dirty in a much different way. Oh well, I'm just glad Marchand didn't do it because Shanny would've given him 8 games at least.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandShore. Show OrrandShore's posts

Well, it didn't take long for the retaliation comments to get in high gear.  Whether the league gives TH a suspension really doesn't matter does it?  We all still want a "bucket of blood" to be dealt out by the GOONS in the league.    And why not let Thornton the goon have a go at him too. The good old NHL continues to look more and more like a remake of "Lord of the Flies".

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to OrrandShore's comment:

Well, it didn't take long for the retaliation comments to get in high gear.  Whether the league gives TH a suspension really doesn't matter does it?  We all still want a "bucket of blood" to be dealt out by the GOONS in the league.    And why not let Thornton the goon have a go at him too. The good old NHL continues to look more and more like a remake of "Lord of the Flies".

I agree that the "eye for an eye" mentality of some fans is hard to take at times.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

I agree that the "eye for an eye" mentality of some fans is hard to take at times.

The NHL and the team's marketing often plays up this angle.  I was watching whatever game and the announcer on the quick blurb about an upcoming game said something like, (not a direct quote)  "...as they seek revenge against the Rangers for the loss on Tuesday."

When teams lose games, it seems a bit silly to suggest that they're "seeking revenge" in the next outing.  If it was a blow out playoff series loss, maybe, but if you lose 3-2 on Wednesday, I don't think you wake up in the morning with the "I'm going to get those bastiges" attitude.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In order for the Wild to exact any form of potential payback on Hall they'll have to be more fired up than they were tonight against the Flames.  A very passive HNIC performance leading to a 3-1 loss in Calgary in which Minnesota delivered a total of 11 hits.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Hang, it seems clear to me that Clutterbuck was trying to play the puck and missed it. I think Hall was just trying to put his rear end into Clutterbuck's stomach and barely missed. Very hard hit indeed but I can't see the amount of malice on the play that you do. That said, we're also miles apart on the Marchand/Salo incident. It would seem as if we view clean and dirty in a much different way. Oh well, I'm just glad Marchand didn't do it because Shanny would've given him 8 games at least.

[/QUOTE]

Fair enough dez.  I guess my major gripe is that we are seeing more and more injuries across the league just from playing the game the right way (Nash, Malkin).  We don't need additional ones because someone chooses to ignore the rules and puts another players' career in jeopardy.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Not trying to defend him.  But players have no idea how to hick with rules changing daily.  Wasnt a head shot.  Could have been if he decides to chek him.  

It went from knees to heads and back to knees.  Players dont wanna target the upper body or fear of suspension.  Well.  Lower body is still there. 

Again, not defening his actions at all.  Just think hockey is lost.  Soon open ice hits will be taken out all together.  Maybe thry can wear pimk jerseys and long cooperall then as well.  

I get what your saying and some what agree but we've all been watching hockey a long time and that type of hit is dirty as the day is long.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to lucdufour's comment:

True, but he still is a dousch...  He even looks like one. This pic says it all...

You're judging a guy because of a haircut he had when he was 17 years old.

Sections
Shortcuts