check this out

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

check this out

after spending the better part of the morning basking in the 2-0 glory, i wanted to see what the other side was thinking-saying. mind you, i really don't do this often, but i couldn't resist. i went to the pens site, watched their players and coach interviews postgame. WOW. fluery was on the verge of tears, and vokoun was equally depressed. bylsma sounded like he was giving a eulogy. honestly i was shocked. i realize they just suffered a humiliating defeat at home, but these guys are supposed to be professionals. iginla was the only guy who looked and acted like they were still playing in a hockey series. there wasn't even an attempt to put a positive spin on things. those who have the skills to provide the links, hook us up. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

Re: check this out

Sounds like Sid is dismissive of the Bruins' talent and the rest of them are dejected...

Not a good mix...

Even still, I can't believe that that Penguins team would implode for four straight games...

They are loaded...
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    www.bostonsportsbuzz.com

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Fleury is a good guy in my opinion.  I don't mind him.

F Sid.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I think Sid is repeating the media coverage of his greatness, and defaulting to lamenting about the Penguin missteps instead of crediting anything positive on the other side.  Game 3 will be a real telling one for Sid -- a captain's time to shine (or wilt).

I hate getting ahead of ourselves here, but there seems to be a world of contrast between the Pens being 2 games in the hole compared to the 2011 Bruins being 2 games in the hole to Vancouver.

The Pens don't seem angry.  Their goaltending stinks -- somehow both goalies got rattled in the same game.  Their captain has been lousy.  Their 'system' seems broken.  They are headed on the road.

In 2011, the Bruins were headed home.  They seemed much more angry and determined than they did defeated.  Their system had actually limited the Canucks to just a few goals and their goalie was playing great.  You could almost sense the breakthrough.

Who knows what we'll get from the Pens in game 3, but they sure look rattled to me, top to bottom.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

how did fleury ever make it to this point as a goalie if he is that mentally fragile? he honestly looked like he was going to cry. crosby lives in his own world of entitlement, where people constantly tell hin his poop don't stink, at this point he actually believes it to be true.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

In response to adkbeesfan's comment:

how did fleury ever make it to this point as a goalie if he is that mentally fragile? he honestly looked like he was going to cry. crosby lives in his own world of entitlement, where people constantly tell hin his poop don't stink, at this point he actually believes it to be true.

..and that's what makes this awesome.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

i can't understand all the sid hatred. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

You watch game 1?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

I heard somebody say he whines a lot.  I just don't see it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

He is the most skilled player in the world.  Only blind hatred questions that.  However, he really is the biggest baby I have ever seen on the ice.  Show me a play that ends and he isn't yapping at the ref and I'll show you a play in a game that doesn't involve Pittsburgh.

I have defended him up and down the river for many, many years.  No longer.  He's a little girl.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

I think Sid is repeating the media coverage of his greatness, and defaulting to lamenting about the Penguin missteps instead of crediting anything positive on the other side.  Game 3 will be a real telling one for Sid -- a captain's time to shine (or wilt).

I hate getting ahead of ourselves here, but there seems to be a world of contrast between the Pens being 2 games in the hole compared to the 2011 Bruins being 2 games in the hole to Vancouver.

The Pens don't seem angry.  Their goaltending stinks -- somehow both goalies got rattled in the same game.  Their captain has been lousy.  Their 'system' seems broken.  They are headed on the road.

In 2011, the Bruins were headed home.  They seemed much more angry and determined than they did defeated.  Their system had actually limited the Canucks to just a few goals and their goalie was playing great.  You could almost sense the breakthrough.

Who knows what we'll get from the Pens in game 3, but they sure look rattled to me, top to bottom.

makes me appreciate julien even more after watching those interviews. he's a calming influence on the b's. not too high, not too low.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:

I heard somebody say he whines a lot.  I just don't see it.

I have stuck up for Sid a number of times as well, and would agree that he is the best player in the world, but the more you watch the more you get turned off by the other stuff.

He actually initiates a lot of garbage and then he complains like crazy to the refs.  Game 1 was alarming.  He could have been called for a half dozen penalties.  He goes after Rask in between swinging his stick at people all night.  That's okay if he accepts the consequences, but he acts like a complete baby when Chara tells him to knock it off, and he was literally chewing the ear of the ref every time he was on the ice.  At the very end, he finishes a check on Seguin with a two-handed swinging slash, and he gets called for it.  Instead of taking a seat in the box, he bombards the ref with the unmistakable look of the "do you know who I am??" defense.  When the game ends, he chewed out the ref all the way off the ice.  For what? Was there even a bad call?  I didn't hear the other Pens players or coaches complaining about the refs.  He thinks he's entitled to special treatment and if he doesn't get it, he's up in arms.

Same thing from the Flyers series last year.  I recall a big scrum starting after Crosby literally takes 4 swings at the hand of Bryz who has a puck covered in the crease.  Crosby dodges everyone in the scrum and yells at the ref.  Then Voracek skates over to pick up his glove and Crosby shoots the glove away.  Another scrum ensues.  Crosby comes out of it furious at the refs, even though he has literally caused the whole thing twice.  Complained about the refs and the Flyers after the game too.

See the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rG6bhlqmKD8  Go to 2:33 and 3:59 for what I'm talking about.

Or nonsense like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBs1SCgfFJg

He's a fantastic player, and petulant little baby.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from clouts. Show clouts's posts

Sid's got a little Brady in him.  Whines when it doesn't go his way.  Cocky.  Extremely talented.  That's polarizing.  Some key on the talent and like him.  Some key on the talent and are jealous.  Some like his fire.  Some think that fire is douchbaggery.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

[QUOTE]

You watch game 1?

[/QUOTE]

i was just gonna type the same question

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

I went on a Pens forum to read what their fans were saying.  I went after game 1 to read their GDT.  Most were saying how the B's were lucky to win, Pens dominated, hitting the posts, a lot of complaining about the refs (Cooke hit, Marchand hit).  Most thought Pens in five or six since the Bruins were lucky enough to win game one.

After the second game, pure comedy.  I thought CJ didn't have any support from our fans.  It's nothing compared to Bylsma.  A lot of words like gutless, heartless describing the team.  Where have I heard those words before?  Some want to trade Malkin, Letang, and of course Fleury.  One poster is saying they should put Letang on the wing.  Saying she wouldn't have to worry about defence and could put all her effort in producing points.

Here's a link to the game two thread if anyone is interested.

http://fans.penguins.nhl.com/community/topic/19485-2013-nhl-stanley-cup-playoffs-east-conf-finals-game-2-bos-pitt-monjun-3rd-2013-800-pm-et/

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

He is the most skilled player in the world.  Only blind hatred questions that.  However, he really is the biggest baby I have ever seen on the ice.  Show me a play that ends and he isn't yapping at the ref and I'll show you a play in a game that doesn't involve Pittsburgh.

I have defended him up and down the river for many, many years.  No longer.  He's a little girl.

I should know better than to bring this up to you NAS, but I don't know any girls who play hockey who whine nearly as much as Crosby. He's a class onto himself for both skill and whining. God, my niece's TimBits team doesn't even have whiners like this and they're 6.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from skater68. Show skater68's posts

Some elite players can handle the super star status with class. Crosby doesn't.

He thinks he deserves preferential treatment on the ice . It makes him look like a spoiled brat

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Syd reminds me of another super talented Penguin. Maybe that is what has rubbed off on him. 

Looking for a new "warm and fuzzy" Cup Win.   

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

In response to perrysound's comment:

Syd reminds me of another super talented Penguin. Maybe that is what has rubbed off on him. 

Looking for a new "warm and fuzzy" Cup Win.   

Maybe it's because they were/are roommates?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

It's the other veteran support players on Pittsburgh that suprised me the most with their body language. Cooke, Orpik, Morrow, Kennedy and Martin look totally dejected. Whe the superstars support system are down then you have to worry if you are a Pittsburgh fan, in Management or member of the media.

As Kieth Jones reminded me on NBC tonight, the Bruins better not let off the accelerator in game 3.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I've always defended Crosby on this site when people accuse him of being a baby. Mostly becuase the people doing the accusing were Philly fans and they have as much credibility with me as Null does on this board. Crosby is the best player on the planet, I don't think the morons in Philly can even deny that and I wouldn't waste my time defending him in that aspect. The whining though, thats hard to defend.

It seems since he's the best player, and the captain, his teammates have followed his lead and are now complaining about every off-sides call that iut has seemed to throw that whole team off their game. Advantage Bruins.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Sid was the whinnest player I've seen in a long long time in that first game. He wasn't as whinny the 2nd game, but he sure didn't play smart hockey for being one of the best talent in the NHL....The Penguins are losing this series between the blue lines but they refuse to alter their game....Good for us....They won't dump and chase...They want the cutesy passes between the blues and the Bruins are having none of that....That being said, the Bruin defence are moving the puck out of our end at will.....Man the Penguins defence looks slow.....Man their goaltending looks average....Keep up the sub par work Penguins !!! 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

I think the Sid hatred comes from his behaviour when he gets frustrated because he realizes he can't walk on water.  The main culperate is the Canadian media who act like he's done more than Orr, Lemieux and Gretzky put together when in reality he hasn't done anything close.  I fell out of my seat when before fot seroes started TSN was saying he was the leading candidate for the Conn Smyth when if you look at his numbers he was not even the top 3 forwards.

Also, when the Pens won the cup it was all Malkin and when Canada won gold Sid was mediocre.  I am sure he has the heart and potential but because of injuries I think he will fall short.  he didn't even win Rookie of the Year.  So why all this love for the guy?