Check This out...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

Check This out...

Purchased ticket on stub hub, row 4 sec 115 @ philly mar 30.($155.00)

Ticket for virtually same seat @ Boston apr 5 vs  flyers(sec 10 row 4) $300.00

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Check This out...

Brutal.

This is one of the only downfalls of winning.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Need a bigger arena... noticed Boston seats on 17000+ while at least half the other arenas are closer to 20000.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I'd be stunned if they built a bigger arena.  The politics, the real estate and the ownership just aren't going to let it happen.

They tried to get rid of the Boston Garden for a billion years.  I remember first talks of it when I was a child and it got to be a joke every spring when the newspaper articles came around every spring with some new investor ready to do the deal - and of course it never happened.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

Need a bigger arena... noticed Boston seats on 17000+ while at least half the other arenas are closer to 20000.

Why would a bigger arena result in ticket prices being less ?

There are teams with arenas that have bigger capacities whose tickets are on the average more expensive then what the Bruins charge.

Eg. Toronto, Chicago, Calgary, Montreal.

And there are teams with more expensive tickets with less capacity then TD Garden.

Eg. Winnipeg, Edmonton, Vancouver, NYR

It is a good indicator that having more ( or less ) seats doesn't equal lower ticket prices. It can go either way. 

According to Forbes these are the 8 teams with higher average ticket prices then the Bruins. Bruins are 9th according to them.

Info was taken from two sources:

http://www.forbes.com/pictures/fjlg45mhf/1-toronto-maple-leafs-avg-price-368-60/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ice_hockey_arenas_by_capacity

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Winning and legalized scalping.

I don't think there's an answer to this for a team like Boston.  I think you'll always have enough support in Boston that supply and demand keeps ticket prices high; it will never be Florida or Phoenix where you're trying to build a market almost from scratch.  I'm actually more surprised at that price for seats in Philly.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I was only presenting the supply side of ECON 101... increased supply, lower price (and yes, ignoring the other side... demand.)

Absolutely, there are MANY other factors to consider.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I was only presenting the supply side of ECON 101... increased supply, lower price (and yes, ignoring the other side... demand.)

[/QUOTE]

Funny ! Citing Economics 101................ but ignoring the demand side.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Winning and demand go hand in hand. Late 90's to 2005 i was going to tons of games for zilch. People couldnt give them away, i remember on two occasions i already had tickets and people were trying to give me another set.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Winning and demand go hand in hand. Late 90's to 2005 i was going to tons of games for zilch. People couldnt give them away, i remember on two occasions i already had tickets and people were trying to give me another set.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, in 2006, I regularly sat on the glass for $40. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I miss the days of $19 seats for last two rows of the balcony if you has a Boston area college ID. 1996, '97 ish.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, in 2006, I regularly sat on the glass for $40. 

[/QUOTE]

^^^ Glass banger.

In 2008, I was looking at season tickets, and it would have been completely feasible had I not joined the Navy. Cheapest seats (corner sections, back 2 rows) were $10 per seat per game, making it $800 for a pair for full season tickets. It was unreal. I was making $20/hour and I could have had pretty solid seats.

I still went to 8 or 9 games in 2008-2009, doing about 2 every month until I left for boot camp. In October, it was still pin-drop city. I was at the game where Lucic put Van Ryn through the glass, and there was hardly any noise at all in there. I heard it loud and clear from the cheap seats on the opposite side.

I'd venture to guess that since new years 2009, they've sold out just about every game. Before that? Playoffs only, and that was with lots of help from the Scabs fans.

I'll take the winning, but dammit I hate the bandwagon that comes with it.

Sections
Shortcuts