checking out +/- around the league

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

checking out +/- around the league

nhl.com has 806 players ranked.
    kessel is ranked 795th (worst) at -17
    This is the real shocker, Kovolchuk is dead last at 806th at a mind boggling -27
    Don't even try and give me that crap about them playing on the worst teams, check out there teammates +/- before commenting.
    I wonder where the bruins goal differential would be at with the back checking machine we all no as phil the thrill.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

Re: checking out +/- around the league

A good portion of Kovalchuk's points are on the PP, which doesn't boost plus minus.

Add to the fact that Kovalchuk, while a very talented and gifted player offensively, is not known as a defensive powerhouse. NJ has scored the least amount of goals and given up the 12th most goals. IK gets a lot of ice time so he will be on the ice for a lot more goals than other forwards on his team.

Take all that into account, its not really surprising his p/m is the worst. Thats not to say hes a bad player

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

In Response to Re: checking out +/- around the league:
    [QUOTE]A good portion of Kovalchuk's points are on the PP, which doesn't boost plus minus
    Posted by screw-cindy-and-ovie[/QUOTE] True enough, but Dead last is not acceptable for a guy making a trillion dollars over his contract.
    WHAT ABOUT PHILL.
    Just to keep the record straight I have never been a kessel basher on this board, I'm just supplying the stats that surprised me, to other posters on here.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

If Kessel is worst, how is Kovalchuk worse than him?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: checking out +/- around the league : True enough, but Dead last.
    Posted by pauly1[/QUOTE]
    added more that I forgot to put in

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

[QUOTE]If Kessel is worst, how is Kovalchuk worse than him?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE] I said kessel is 795 worst and kovi was dead last at 806th. What part of this do you not understand mister writer. Go back to your mothers basement and spend another 2 years writing something no one will pay you for.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: checking out +/- around the league : I said kessel is 795 worst and kovi was dead last at 806th. What part of this do you not understand mister writer. Go back to your mothers basement and spend another 2 years writing something no one will pay you for.
    Posted by pauly1[/QUOTE]
    I think the misunderstanding came from you putting "worst" in parenthases. It makes it look like your saying 795 ranks worst. I gett what your saying, but it's an easy thing to misunderstand

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: checking out +/- around the league : I said kessel is 795 worst and kovi was dead last at 806th. What part of this do you not understand mister writer. Go back to your mothers basement and spend another 2 years writing something no one will pay you for.
    Posted by pauly1[/QUOTE] The word worst after after 795th would only be picked apart by you. Don't be so negative your welfare allowance will be in a week or so.
    These are legitimate stats I think some would enjoy.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I think the stats are great.  I love to see both of them in the cellar.

The way it's presented makes no sense.  Don't be mad at me because your good stats came across like mud.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: checking out +/- around the league : I think the misunderstanding came from you putting "worst" in parenthases. It makes it look like your saying 795 ranks worst. I gett what your saying, but it's an easy thing to misunderstand
    Posted by screw-cindy-and-ovie[/QUOTE] Anybody on here would understand what I'm saying. This falure as a writer picks me apart every now and again. He stated at one time that maybe we read his stuff at one time or anotherLOL.
     This is a challenge to you NAS show me where I can find something you have been paid for (in sports) where you could actually make a living at it. I don't expect a reply LOL.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from logeseats. Show logeseats's posts

I knew what you meant Pauly.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]I think the stats are great.  I love to see both of them in the cellar. The way it's presented makes no sense.  Don't be mad at me because your good stats came across like mud.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

I thought it was clear.  A distraction from the point tho.  True enough your plus minus stats will suffer on a bad team and their TOI is high, but it's not as if they are playing 60 minutes a game.  

Those are dramatic stats that highlight that those players are on ice that is tilted toward the offensive side of the ice, it's a long uphill skate for them to skate back for some backchecking.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: checking out +/- around the league:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: checking out +/- around the league : I said kessel is 795 worst and kovi was dead last at 806th. What part of this do you not understand mister writer. Go back to your mothers basement and spend another 2 years writing something no one will pay you for. Posted by pauly1[/QUOTE]

Ha Ha Pauly thanks for the laugh and that is hard because I hate Monday mornings. I also understand what you meant.

With Lagenbrunner gone and Arnott just about gone I see Kovalchuk's numbers going up because Ilya is now the man in New Jersy with Parise still on the LTIR.

I've never seen an elite player trying so hard to defer or fit in to the established veterans on a team so badly ever it was very odd he just wouldn't shoot. With Ilya doing that, not shooting and very shoddy goaltending I could see why Kovalchoke's +/- being so bad but I don't expect it to last as Ilya has picked up his game so much he went to Lemaire to volunteer for the PK Jacque politely said no good judgment as Kovalchoke is paid to shoot and score 40+ NOT DEFER TO FIT IN.

As far as Philaparazzi the Laffs is worse than the Devils blueliners which is really bad.

Sections
Shortcuts