Chiarelli at the Toronto Game??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobruins. Show bobruins's posts

Chiarelli at the Toronto Game??

Why is Peter Chiarelli at the Leafs - Ducks game ??

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Re: Chiarelli at the Toronto Game??

In response to bobruins's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Why is Peter Chiarelli at the Leafs - Ducks game ??

[/QUOTE]

How do you know he's there?  Was there something in the papers?  A shot of him at the game?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

Him and Stevie Y are scouting for Team Canada. They do that occasionally.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to 49thparallel's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yep, he's been seen at a few games looking at potential Team Canada players.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that.  Makes sense.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

do you think they're scouting the Leaf captain? lol

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Marco will be pleased to know that PC and Yzerman are trying desperately to find a game plan to stop Kessel in Sochi.

You can only hope to contain Phil!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

[QUOTE]

do you think they're scouting the Leaf captain? lol

[/QUOTE]

Their scouting the leafs lol yes cause of kessel on the USA team plus wanting to see how Phaneuf is playing , to see if he will be a strong candidate for top six d position for team canada. So far i will say it is 50/50 shot that Phaneuf will be on team canada cause of his weak d abilities but Dion strenght is offense.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Marco will be pleased to know that PC and Yzerman are trying desperately to find a game plan to stop Kessel in Sochi.

You can only hope to contain Phil!

[/QUOTE]

I am not worrying about kessel , I am canadian they team canada executives will need to contain team USA, Russia etc. this tournament will not have any favorites to win gold. I am looking forward to awsome tourney come february.

Also with Letang in the mends, this dman may not be playing for team canada. I guaranteeing PK subban will be a team canda d man.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

In response to boborielly224's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I am not worrying about kessel , I am canadian they team canada executives will need to contain team USA, Russia etc. this tournament will not have any favorites to win gold. I am looking forward to awsome tourney come february.

Also with Letang in the mends, this dman may not be playing for team canada. I guaranteeing PK subban will be a team canda d man.

[/QUOTE]

I don't know how a team with Patrice Bergeron as the likely #4 center isn't favored, but that's just me. The only thing Canada might lack is an elite goaltender. The U.S. and the Scandinavians have the edge there (unless Lundqvist really did lose it?).

I love Olympic hockey. Can't wait for it, especially because it seems that team USA will have only gotten better in the past 4 years. They were awfully young then, but now most of them are in their primes. Just about all of them are 24-28, and mostly guys who are going to love the extra space on the ice. I can't wait.

In the meantime I'll just settle with watching the B's play and p*** off those who expect a 5-0 blowout every game, and squeak out 3-2 victory after 3-2 victory.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to boborielly224's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Their scouting the leafs lol yes cause of kessel on the USA team plus wanting to see how Phaneuf is playing , to see if he will be a strong candidate for top six d position for team canada. So far i will say it is 50/50 shot that Phaneuf will be on team canada cause of his weak d abilities but Dion strenght is offense.

[/QUOTE]

I would avoid Phaneuf.  I'll lay my other complaints aside and say what is undeniable, you just never know if he's going to show up or not.  He has gotten better about avoiding doing something stupid over the years, but you still see that from time to time.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Phaneuf has a 0% chance of making Canada.  They were there to scout Geztlaf and Perry. Maybe take a gander at Bernier.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Phaneuf isn't an Olympic defenseman.  Subban has only advanced his case this year by continuing to rack up points, though he might find himself the 7th D.  Weber, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Keith and maybe Seabrook.  You'll see Bouwmeester for his skating before Phaneuf.  Giordano, Campbell, Green, and maybe Hamhuis and Bieksa are in the same conversations a Phaneuf for a fringe D, and Marc Methot in Ottawa went to camp in teh summer.

But let's be clear here: the Team Canada scouting presence was about Getzlaf and Perry, not Phaneuf.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I'm surprised Chiarelli was scouting Phaneuf.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

Most of us were surprised he got invited to the Aug camp.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Phaneuf isn't an Olympic defenseman.  Subban has only advanced his case this year by continuing to rack up points, though he might find himself the 7th D.  Weber, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Keith and maybe Seabrook.  You'll see Bouwmeester for his skating before Phaneuf.  Giordano, Campbell, Green, and maybe Hamhuis and Bieksa are in the same conversations a Phaneuf for a fringe D, and Marc Methot in Ottawa went to camp in teh summer.

But let's be clear here: the Team Canada scouting presence was about Getzlaf and Perry, not Phaneuf.

[/QUOTE]

Not many people will agree with me but Brian Campbell on Team Canada is a whole lot different than Brian Campbell on Florida. If he made Team Canada, he'd make quite an impact.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Not many people will agree with me but Brian Campbell on Team Canada is a whole lot different than Brian Campbell on Florida. If he made Team Canada, he'd make quite an impact.

[/QUOTE]

After watching him for a year plus now, I'll tell you two things I see:

1.  He's awesome with the puck.

2.  He's not without it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to TheGuyWithDaThing's comment:[QUOTE] I am not worrying about kessel , I am canadian they team canada executives will need to contain team USA, Russia etc. this tournament will not have any favorites to win gold. I am looking forward to awsome tourney come february.

Also with Letang in the mends, this dman may not be playing for team canada. I guaranteeing PK subban will be a team canda d man. [/QUOTE]

I don't know how a team with Patrice Bergeron as the likely #4 center isn't favored, but that's just me. The only thing Canada might lack is an elite goaltender. The U.S. and the Scandinavians have the edge there (unless Lundqvist really did lose it?).

I love Olympic hockey. Can't wait for it, especially because it seems that team USA will have only gotten better in the past 4 years. They were awfully young then, but now most of them are in their primes. Just about all of them are 24-28, and mostly guys who are going to love the extra space on the ice. I can't wait. [/QUOTE]

I see no weaknesses on Team Canada. They had just better than average goaltending and still managed to win in 2010. I think Sweden will be the team to beat on that size ice in Sochi.

If Getzlaf and Perry aren't locks already I would be shocked.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

After watching him for a year plus now, I'll tell you two things I see:

1.  He's awesome with the puck.

2.  He's not without it.

[/QUOTE]

I know, and obviously I don't see him as much as you do, but on that team with all that talent, with the puck he's ahead of some of the locks on that team. He's up there in age but from what I can see he hasnt lost much if any as far as the skating goes. That guy can skate.

Sections
Shortcuts