Chiarelli gets 4 year extension

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Chiarelli gets 4 year extension

Done a terrific job, to this point. Like to see him hit a few more times when it comes to drafting (so would every other G.M) but overall, can't complain. Has made some very nice trades.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=430751

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: Chiarelli gets 4 year extension

Excellent.  Best in the league.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Well deserved. He has done a great job of building the team and managing the cap.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to stan17's comment:

Well deserved. He has done a great job of building the team and managing the cap.

I was thinking of this the other day. His best move, may have not been a move. Not firing Julien after losing to the Flyers the way they did in 2010. Have ot also give him credit for actually firing Lewis. Must have been hard for him to go to Jacobs and fire Lewis after he hired him and gave him a four year deal. Didn't matter, it was a mistake, he recognized it and corrected it. that takes some guts.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

The new scouts in place should be the final piece of the puzzle.

Happy to have this guy around.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Four more years of ignoring Neely's high fives in the Executive Suite!  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Hey, they haven't been this much of a contender, year in and year out, for a very long time, and it's hard to argue with success.  But I'm more impressed with how he's done business than just the way things have turned out.  He didn't dither on canning Dave Lewis even though he was still a pretty green GM.  He put his own guys in the scouting department - that hasn't worked the way I would have liked, but he's made another change recently because he recognized things weren't working.  He's upped the emphasis on development with Sweeney's position, and I like the way they scour the minors for guys who could work out in Boston if not with their current teams.  I like that he focuses on the end result and not necessarily "winning the trade".  And I like that he has won the trade big time on more than one occasion: Kessel deal, gets Horton AND Campbell for Wideman a 1st and a 3rd, gets Seidenberg AND Bartkowski for Bitz, Craig Weller and a 2nd.  And he gets the low-hanging fruit.  Wheeler was a college UFA; Krug was a college UFA.  Soderberg was a flier, a long-shot, potentially a nothing return on a nothing deal.

In the end, I don't really care if the Bruins draft well if they have a constant supply of good players and remain at the top of the list of contenders, just like I don't care about their cap management.  As long as the result is there, why would I care?  Chiarelli has shown a lot of resourcefulness so that failures in one area don't affect the product because he can backfill in another.  I just hope the good times keep rollin'.

Are you not entertained?!?!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

PC also deserves some credit for changes made in Providence, such as a new coach.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Chiarelli most definitely has overcome some early mis-steps. McQuaid and Boychuk were a great job of communication between his AHL scouts and filling a need. Bartkowski and Krug are certainly looking like they could follow the footprints of Crazy Adam n Johnny Rocket.

Better news is because for a awhile I thought another organization might try to entice PC. Jacobs finally got the clue that have key people in the organization to run it is paramount.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

BUT....BUT.....HE DIDNT OFFER ENOUGH FOR IGINLA!!!! HE BOTCHED THE DEAL!!!! HE TOLD JAGR TO PLAY WITH A LONG STICK AND COST US THE CUP!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

sorry stanley....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

Good news

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I think he's the best GM in the biz.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Just wanted to join the Love parade.  PC's been awesome.  I love that he has focused on development an keeping our own rather then expensive FAs.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In the comment section of the tsn story, someone just posted some gold. New nickname maybe? Wish I knew if it were a joke or not.

r3dbu11 1 hour ago

He won't look like a good GM when Tyrell Segiune becomes a superstar in Dallas. Report this comment!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to DaveyN's comment:

In the comment section of the tsn story, someone just posted some gold. New nickname maybe? Wish I knew if it were a joke or not.

r3dbu11 1 hour ago

He won't look like a good GM when Tyrell Segiune becomes a superstar in Dallas. Report this comment!

That's just ignint

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

In response to DaveyN's comment:

r3dbu11 1 hour ago

That's just ignint

Somebody should ax him why he spelled it like dat.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

Great decision!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

An absolute no brainer. Deserves to be under contract for a very long time. Which is more than I can say for Harry Sinden.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

Chiarelli has done an admirable job. He did not build this team though. Getting Horton and seidenberg  were his best moves. Certainly do not like the Seguin trade. His drafts have been nothing short then lousy.

he learned and is still learning on the job nevertheless a good move .

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

In response to Hanrahan1's comment:

An absolute no brainer. Deserves to be under contract for a very long time. Which is more than I can say for Harry Sinden.

sinden won us a cup too as a gm and coach .Working for the jacobs is not easy.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

This guy has a Stanley Cup championship on his resume, something I wasn't sure if I'd ever live to see again with the Bruins.  They were in the hunt for another one last June.  I'm looking forward to him hopefully keeping the club fresh, infused with talent and consistently making serious runs at Cups for years to come.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Marco, Sinden wasn't working for Jacobs when he got his cups.

And also, other than Bergeron not one player on the team that just went to the finals was wearing Black and Gold before Chia got here. A few were in the system, but it was Chia who brought them up to the big club. There's no rational way you can say that PC didn't build this team.

And Seidenberg was a better move than Chara and Savard?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

He should have got 8 yrs.  Cool

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

In response to red75's comment:

He wasn't working for Jacobs when he got his cups.

true but for the most part he did and never won one working for them. Jacobs were notorious for being stingy

Sections
Shortcuts