Chiarelli gets 4 year extension

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Chiarelli gets 4 year extension

In response to marco0863's comment:

nas ill consider it but none of those really excite me-certainly a man of ur singular creativity could come up with some better ones.but I do appreciate ur suggestions. in fact I have to say that  when I posted years ago I did enjoy reading some of ur posts.

be well my friend

Thanks for the kind words.  All of your posts suck.  They are ill informed and childish.

Be well.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

[QUOTE]

No idea how you get "clearly want to undermine Gorton" from what I wrote, but if you both choose not to read, and choose to mis-read, then there's nothing anyone can do here but insult you.

Are you not entertained?!?!

was referring to the idea that kessel was an easy pick- isn.t that what you meant? 

Gorton said he wanted kessel and may have trade the pick if he wasn't there so it may not have been that straightforward of a pick- in reality he should have been a top 2. 

anyhow so you agree that gorton had much to do with the team that won the cup/ simple question

[/QUOTE]

and now you're a liar. the bruins tried to trade up to get "the swede," meaning backstrom who the caps took at four. Don't believe me? Well, I don't have a quote for you, I don't have an article for you. I have VIDEO of Gorton saying it. And also, at first he says one thing, goes back to the table, probably gets a phone call, then goes back to the caps and says another thing. I wonder who that phone call was to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-Hy5Dah-vk

start watching at 3:40. it's interesting. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

oh, and while I have no video, I know from someone who has 1st hand dealings with the trade, that the Rask trade was negotiated by PC. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Who is a better gm than PC?

Please don't say Shero because he's the poster child for inheriting a good team.

Just for the sake of arguement let's say all the draft picks and Savard and Chara were none of PC's doing - just for the sake of arguement.  PC's tweaks for the 2011 cup are being way under rated here, his acquisitions were instrumental in winning that cup.  It's not the core alone that wins cups, it's all the other little pieces that are just as important if not more so.  Your 3rd and 4th lines have to contribute - as well as your 3rd defense pair.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

No idea how you get "clearly want to undermine Gorton" from what I wrote, but if you both choose not to read, and choose to mis-read, then there's nothing anyone can do here but insult you.

was referring to the idea that kessel was an easy pick- isn.t that what you meant? 

Gorton said he wanted kessel and may have trade the pick if he wasn't there so it may not have been that straightforward of a pick- in reality he should have been a top 2. 

anyhow so you agree that gorton had much to do with the team that won the cup/ simple question

[/QUOTE]

and now you're a liar. the bruins tried to trade up to get "the swede," meaning backstrom who the caps took at four. Don't believe me? Well, I don't have a quote for you, I don't have an article for you. I have VIDEO of Gorton saying it. And also, at first he says one thing, goes back to the table, probably gets a phone call, then goes back to the caps and says another thing. I wonder who that phone call was to

[/QUOTE]

I dont see where Gorton says he wanted backstrom. ill try to gind quote where Gorton says he wantef kessel

and woukd have trafed pick.if u think that while he is drafting he is calling pc who is at the ottawa table -u must be kiddibg. no team would allow that in frint of his colleagues - business is not ran this way.  

[/QUOTE]

okay since your dense i'll try to spell out what was said in the video. it'll be like captions for you. 

Gorton says, "I'll give you 37 if we can swap." This means that boston gives the caps the 37th pick and the 5th pick for the 4th pick. He is then asked "who do you want?" he responds with "the swede." earlier in the video, the two had discussed two players, Kessel, and Backstrom. One of these players is swedish. The other is not. HOW did you miss that? "The Swede." that means Backstrom. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Chiarelli said the Bruins then interim GM Jeff Gorton did the deal with former Leafs GM John Ferguson, Jr. while Chiarelli was in the process of going to Boston from Ottawa. response to bostonfan191646's comment:
    [QUOTE]

what ur suggesting is practically impossibleI

if he says anything other than that the bruins get in trouble for tampering. I will tell you that I heard it said, in person, from one of the three individuals you mentioned above, that the deal was negotiated between PC and JFJ

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Whatever the exact arrangement, that conversation makes no sense to me. 

"Hi, you have pick 4 and we have pick 5.  We'll give you pick 37 if you swap with us."

"Hm.  Well...who would you take?"

"The Swede." 

At this point, making a deal makes very little sense for the Bruins.  If the Caps say "okay, sure", don't the Bruins know that the Caps aren't likely to be taking Backstrom?  So they'd be giving up the 37th pick for nothing, because if he's on the board, and the Caps don't take him, then they just...pick him?  (Everytime I see "give you 37..." I cringe).  The only reason to make that deal is that you think the Caps are on the fence between Kessel and Backstrom, and the difference is approximately equivalent to a second rounder.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:
    [QUOTE]

4 years ....4 years of waiting time.... I will survive, I will wait and still try to Support him as much as I can .....for the benefit  of the BRUINS ...

congrats Mr Chiarelli !  I will always be there to help you with my tips, my experience, my hockey knowledges and most of all my vision...

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 4 more Cups by 2020

Stanley, the pharmacy called.  Your prescriptions are ready.

[/QUOTE]

THANKS FLETCH ....I need my drugs now ....let the season begins ...let the BRUINS win another Stanley Cup ...I like you Man !

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

A blogger had something nice to say about Gorton - wow.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Whatever the exact arrangement, that conversation makes no sense to me. 

"Hi, you have pick 4 and we have pick 5.  We'll give you pick 37 if you swap with us."

"Hm.  Well...who would you take?"

"The Swede." 

At this point, making a deal makes very little sense for the Bruins.  If the Caps say "okay, sure", don't the Bruins know that the Caps aren't likely to be taking Backstrom?  So they'd be giving up the 37th pick for nothing, because if he's on the board, and the Caps don't take him, then they just...pick him?  (Everytime I see "give you 37..." I cringe).  The only reason to make that deal is that you think the Caps are on the fence between Kessel and Backstrom, and the difference is approximately equivalent to a second rounder.

As do I.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

"Special thanks 2 Jeff Gorton: Asst GM when B's signed Thomas, interim GM drafted Kessel, Lucic, Marchand; traded 4 Rask signed Chara, Savard"

kirk luedeke 

okay so since you've been proven wrong you're just going to change the subject and pretend like it didn't happen? save your time. don't post. 

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I dont see where Gorton says he wanted backstrom. ill try to gind quote where Gorton says he wantef kessel

and woukd have trafed pick.if u think that while he is drafting he is calling pc who is at the ottawa table -u must be kiddibg. no team would allow that in frint of his colleagues - business is not ran this way.  

[/QUOTE]

missed this before. PC was not at the draft, he was not working for anyone. He was not allowed to because of his situation with OTT. That is what his official status was. idiot. 

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

We've been over this before. Everyone stop and watch Chara's 1000th ceremony, and advance to about 1:45-2:15 on the video below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qIJFEWYMQM

Chara: "I want to thank General Manager Peter Chiarelli for signing me and having the honor of becoming a Boston Bruin..."

Cut to: Chiarelli looking awkward and not acknowledging the compliment, realizing the cat is out of the bag.

But I guess Marco knows better than Chara himself who he negotiated and signed a life-changing deal with.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

My 100% support goes to Mr Chiarelli ....good job so far ...I would have probably won the cup last season with 1 or 2 extra decisions like shipping away Mr Lemon way before the trade deadline and called up Spooner and Soderberg but overall PC has done a good job...but he really needs to bring back the cup next season with the team that he will have on the ice on October ...I will keep an eye on his job and keep you informed my friends...

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 4 more Cups by 2020

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

marco loses. 

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

You mean the reply where you said you never read his post? Yeah that was a great argument.

Sections
Shortcuts