Chiarelli gets 4 year extension

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

Re: Chiarelli gets 4 year extension

In response to red75's comment:

Savard's name is on the Cup, whether he played in the finals or not.

Why the heck am I even bothering?

asking myself the same question - ok so now ur saying savard was a part of winning the cup nucleus because his name is on the cup. Guys pls interact with others in other boards - i mean just try it. 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:

Who was the GM? Peter Chiarelli - fact. Hired on May 26, 2006.

Who was Acting GM due to pre-existing contractual obligations? Gorton.

Who had supervised meetings with Bruins scouts and management to discuss how and who he wanted to draft, trade and sign prior to the end of his contractual obligations? Peter Chiarelli.

Those are all facts, that you seem to willfully ignore.

ok Red you are saying that Chia drafted all those players in 2006 and that Rask was a trade done by Chia.

if this is indeed what  ur saying. history has just been re written!

Look research it and get back to me show me clearly that PC drafted those players. 

also as much as i liked savard he was not part of the cup championship so we can also exclude him ( make it easier)

i have an anology to make. When JFK was president, who was the most important person in his administration. If you just look at titles it was certainly LBJ, being the vice president. However, anyone with a brain knows that JFK's brother, Robert Kennedy, Attorney General, was in fact the chief advisor to the president. It was obvious, as is this, despite the titles. Grow up. When the entire world thinks you're wrong, you're probably wrong. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

Who was the GM? Peter Chiarelli - fact. Hired on May 26, 2006.

Who was Acting GM due to pre-existing contractual obligations? Gorton.

Who had supervised meetings with Bruins scouts and management to discuss how and who he wanted to draft, trade and sign prior to the end of his contractual obligations? Peter Chiarelli.

Those are all facts, that you seem to willfully ignore.

ok Red you are saying that Chia drafted all those players in 2006 and that Rask was a trade done by Chia.

if this is indeed what  ur saying. history has just been re written!

Look research it and get back to me show me clearly that PC drafted those players. 

also as much as i liked savard he was not part of the cup championship so we can also exclude him ( make it easier)

i have an anology to make. When JFK was president, who was the most important person in his administration. If you just look at titles it was certainly LBJ, being the vice president. However, anyone with a brain knows that JFK's brother, Robert Kennedy, Attorney General, was in fact the chief advisor to the president. It was obvious, as is this, despite the titles. Grow up. When the entire world thinks you're wrong, you're probably wrong. 

Oh- so u and 40r 5 of ur comrades represent the entire world- laughable- so i am wrong tons of my bruin fans friends who can teach u something are wrong-

the writer from the hockey journal is wrong

the rangers are rong

tsn are wrong but these boards are right- 

ask urself why would i not give Pc credit if he had actually drafted those players- why?

why if u serch even on wikipedia it says Gorton made the trade for rask- even pc said itand u call it tampering so ChaRA must have gotten him in trouble cuz he tampered by signing him,

U FIND ME ONE CLEAR CUT LINK THAT CHIA WAS THERE AT THE BRUINS TABLE DRAFTING ALL OF THOSE PLAYERS AND FIND ME SOMETHING THAT SAYS GORTON HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH IT. NOW FIND ME SOMETHING CREDIBLE AND IF U DO U WILL HAVE RE-INVENTED THE PAST

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Oh brother, I'm sorry I clicked on this one.  You go marco!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

that comes from some farmer from Losepeg. like i said u insult i will come back- see u started and i will come in- do not get me going - trust me!

Or what?

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

that comes from some farmer from Losepeg. like i said u insult i will come back- see u started and i will come in- do not get me going - trust me!

Or what?

Fletch why do u seem the need to get involved so u can call the moderator and do whatever u do so u can control these boards and then u wonder why ppl make accounts,

Was that comment directed to u? 

stay out - i told u once i do not insult but if someone confronts me well u know the rest.

no need in using insults but i guess a sign of ignorance and that is soo prevalent around here- 

i repeat keep it to hockey 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

U FIND ME ONE CLEAR CUT LINK THAT CHIA WAS THERE AT THE BRUINS TABLE DRAFTING ALL OF THOSE PLAYERS AND FIND ME SOMETHING THAT SAYS GORTON HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH IT. NOW FIND ME SOMETHING CREDIBLE AND IF U DO U WILL HAVE RE-INVENTED THE PAST

...ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, I have one final thing I want you to consider. Ladies and gentlemen, this is Chewbacca. Chewbacca is a Wookiee from the planet Kashyyyk. But Chewbacca lives on the planet Endor. Now think about it;Why would a Wookiee, an 8-foot-tall Wookiee, want to live on Endor, with a bunch of 2-foot-tall Ewoks? That does not make sense! But more important, you have to ask yourself: What does this have to do with this case? Nothing. Ladies and gentlemen, it has nothing to do with this case! It does not make sense! Look at me. I'm marco defending a former Bruins Assistant GM, and I'm talkin' about Chewbacca! Does that make sense? Ladies and gentlemen, I am not making any sense! None of this makes sense! And so you have to remember, when you're in that jury room deliberatin' and conjugatin' the Emancipation Proclamation, does it make sense? No! Ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, it does not make sense! If Chewbacca lives on Endor, you must give credit for building a Stanley Cup Contender to Jeff Gorton! The defense rests

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

marco, I've already explained to you, or your past aliases, why you seem to have trouble with the moderators.

And yes, threatening other posters is likely to be a problem here.

So I was asking A) are you threatening other posters?; and B) what is the threat?

Or, could we just stick to hockey?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

...ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, I have one final thing I want you to consider. Ladies and gentlemen, this is Chewbacca. Chewbacca is a Wookiee from the planet Kashyyyk. But Chewbacca lives on the planet Endor. Now think about it;Why would a Wookiee, an 8-foot-tall Wookiee, want to live on Endor, with a bunch of 2-foot-tall Ewoks? That does not make sense! But more important, you have to ask yourself: What does this have to do with this case? Nothing. Ladies and gentlemen, it has nothing to do with this case! It does not make sense! Look at me. I'm marco defending a former Bruins Assistant GM, and I'm talkin' about Chewbacca! Does that make sense? Ladies and gentlemen, I am not making any sense! None of this makes sense! And so you have to remember, when you're in that jury room deliberatin' and conjugatin' the Emancipation Proclamation, does it make sense? No! Ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, it does not make sense! If Chewbacca lives on Endor, you must give credit for building a Stanley Cup Contender to Jeff Gorton! The defense rests

Book let us be clear i have no ties to Jeff never even met him- just being honest in giving credit where credit is due.  an he deserves credit  based on what he has done not what i have said

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

okay first, i don't get how aren't getting this. there will be no documentation that chiarelli was overseeing the draft in 2006. He was forbidden to by the league. If there were documentation, the Bruins would probably get a pick or two taken away from them for some tampering related charge. However, cell phones exist, as do computers, so phone calls can be made and emails can be sent without league officials finding out. Before this season, there was no "negotiation window" before free agency. However, in the past, within the first 10-15 minutes of free agency, players would sign incredibly complicated multi-year contracts. While there isn't going to be an definitive proof that these contracts were negotiated before free agency began, it's abundantly clear that's what happened. Likewise, the Bruins ownership wouldn't allow an "acting GM" that's gone in two weeks to dish out 5 year 37.5 million dollar contracts, and 4 year 20 million dollar contracts willy nilly. That doesn't make any sense. It's abundantly clear therefore, that the person that had been trusted with the long term success of the franchise, had a say in such crucial, huge decisions. 

On to your chicago analogy. Terrible. Tallon was relieved in the off season before the cup run because he messed up bad. Anywhere, here is a list of the players that Tallon didn't acquire, and that Bowman acquired.

Nick Boynton for future considerations, played 3 playoff games. 

andrew ebbett - claimed off waivers, played 0 games in playoffs

Kim Johnsson - played 0 playoff games

Radek Smolenak - played 0 playoff games

That's what Bowman did. three games, for future considerations. 

Chiarelli signed, traded for, or extended every single bruin player that played in the playoffs in 2011. 

There, we talked hockey, you were really really bad at it. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

marco, I've already explained to you, or your past aliases, why you seem to have trouble with the moderators.

And yes, threatening other posters is likely to be a problem here.

So I was asking A) are you threatening other posters?; and B) what is the threat?

Or, could we just stick to hockey?

Fletch. i already told u i have no other accounts other then marco 1000 - i used to post years ago and used marco1000. when i came back i tried keeping same username but i could not so i used marco0863- which ofcourse o8- Neely my favorite bruin of all time and marchand my current favorite bruin

Now- there are no threats , it is quite simple for any person who agree with u i can get 20 who agree with me this does not make me right or u wrong.

i showed everyone facts here u too, but u keep insisting and insisting . then erase 2006 as a calendar year cause that is the only way that Gorton will be discredited.

It is obvious that u will do anythig to prove me wrong- that is the differnce here i will not disagree with u for the sake of disagreeing. Gorton made some great picks end of story. Do not spit on him - reward him . 

i also brought u a similar example in chicago. U see these boards agree with everything that bruins mgmt does and says. 

p.s. if i get many buddies of mine to post here- there is nothing against the rules with that. but if numbers dictate what is right or wrong maybe that is the only way to go here

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

hey marco, that example of chicago you brought up? might want to check out my last post at 5:26, and then you might want to not reference the blackhawks again. just a tip. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

Book let us be clear i have no ties to Jeff never even met him- just being honest in giving credit where credit is due.  an he deserves credit  based on what he has done not what i have said

You do realize PC came to Boston to be interviewed.  I am sure he met Gorton at that time.  No one here can know which moves were Gorton and which were PC but it almost 100% certain in my mind that PC was responsible for signing Chara.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

hey marco, that example of chicago you brought up? might want to check out my last post at 5:26, and then you might want to not reference the blackhawks again. just a tip. 

like i said did not research it but i do recall tallon playing a big part in building that team

is this the case or not

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

There's a wide open shot there re: the number of marco's friends if anyone's interested.

I'll pass on it and just try, try one last thing.

marco, nothing I've posted is trying to discredit Gorton.  But it is a known thing that Chiarelli was hired before the draft and briefed the Bruins staff on what he wanted to happen and how he wanted the FA period to go.  That's a fact.  We do not know the substance of those meetings and we never will.  We won't know if Chiarelli said, listen, Jeff: "I want you all in to sign Chara and Savard.  I want you to get be Backstrom in the draft and if he's gone, get me Kessel."  But we know the meetings happened. We know they were to allow Chiarelli to set the strategy for the most important weeks of the year.  Those are facts.  That Gorton was still the point man is also a fact, and I give him more credit for getting Lucic and Marchand than Kessel because I can't really see Chiarelli having the foresight to say "at pick 50, get this guy" because who knows if he's still there or not?  Gorton gave Chiarelli some good pieces to work with.  He executed the game plan exceptionally. I'm surprised he hasn't been a GM since.  I liked his work when he was out from O'Connell's shadow.

But you keep defining this as "discredit Gorton" vs. "Gorton is solely responsible for the core" which sounds exactly like the kind of argument you used to make about how great the guy whose gone is vs. the guy who stayed when it was all about Kessel.  This thread dies the second you admit that even drafting three good peices is only the tip of the iceberg for a GM to build a cup contender and manage the cap over a five year period.  That's all Chiarelli.

Are you not entertained?!?!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

In response to Orrthebest's comment:

You do realize PC came to Boston to be interviewed.  I am sure he met Gorton at that time.  No one here can know which moves were Gorton and which were PC but it almost 100% certain in my mind that PC was responsible for signing Chara.

I already said that this might have been the case. i replied this to book- The fact chara played and ottawa and liked pc might have been a big reason why he signed- so i actually gave in to that but no way the draft picks no way and no way the rask trade. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

p.s. if i get many buddies of mine to post here- there is nothing against the rules with that. but if numbers dictate what is right or wrong maybe that is the only way to go here

Bring your friends, by all means.  I like lots of voices here, as long as they talk Bruins and make some sense.  But understand that message boards can recognize IP addresses.  

What does that mean for you?  It means, for example, that stanjon and marco come from the same IP address, so denying that they are the same poster is just silly.  It also means that creating 20 new user accounts is a big red flag when they all come from the same IP address, and is likely to be considered spamming.  It is something that advertisers might try, but fortunately message boards have tools to avoid that type of spam.  Seen null around?

So, if you're planning to create a bunch more new accounts, like you have in the past, you probably shouldn't do it all from the same internet connection.  Understand?

Stick with marco.  Talk Bruins.   Follow the rules.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

like i said did not research it but i do recall tallon playing a big part in building that team

is this the case or not

read my post. it's on the 6th page of this thread. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

There's a wide open shot there re: the number of marco's friends if anyone's interested.

marco, nothing I've posted is trying to discredit Gorton.  But it is a known thing that Chiarelli was hired before the draft and briefed the Bruins staff on what he wanted to happen and how he wanted the FA period to go.  That's a fact.  We do not know the substance of those meetings and we never will.  We won't know if Chiarelli said, listen, Jeff: "I want you all in to sign Chara and Savard.  I want you to get be Backstrom in the draft and if he's gone, get me Kessel."  But we know the meetings happened. We know they were to allow Chiarelli to set the strategy for the most important weeks of the year.  Those are facts.  That Gorton was still the point man is also a fact, and I give him more credit for getting Lucic and Marchand than Kessel because I can't really see Chiarelli having the foresight to say "at pick 50, get this guy" because who knows if he's still there or not?  Gorton gave Chiarelli some good pieces to work with.  He executed the game plan exceptionally. I'm surprised he hasn't been a GM since.  I liked his work when he was out from O'Connell's shadow.

But you keep defining this as "discredit Gorton" vs. "Gorton is solely responsible for the core" which sounds exactly like the kind of argument you used to make about how great the guy whose gone is vs. the guy who stayed when it was all about Kessel.  This thread dies the second you admit that even drafting three good peices is only the tip of the iceberg for a GM to build a cup contender and manage the cap over a five year period.  That's all Chiarelli.

all right at least some respectful sense. Not sure what u mean about kessel but that argument will never go anyhwere lets face it u hate kessel- i did say he would become a top 10 point getter and he did  many here said he would do nothing in tor. 

This was the start of Marco vs the bdc posters feud. U know there are not many players i would take in front of kessel today.( here comes anither feud)

back to gorton he is not soley responsible in building the core but did contribute a big part.

As you mentioned , you were surprised he did not get a gm postion but did land ann assistant gm. In my opinion he would have to have more experience as an assistant gm and his short term as an interim gm may not have been enough to grant him a gm spot.

i need to reiterate - Pc has done a great job with the cap something tallon may have failed at  and he has made some great trades and he has been lucky as well - all essential in being a winner.. he is certainly one of the best in the game but am i going to agree with everything he does- hell no!(ex- seguin trade) actually even this trade i wonder how much was cap related. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

all right at least some respectful sense. Not sure what u mean about kessel but that argument will never go anyhwere lets face it u hate kessel- i did say he would become a top 10 point getter and he did  many here said he would do nothing in tor. 

This was the start of Marco vs the bdc posters feud. U know there are not many players i would take in front of kessel today.( here comes anither feud)

back to gorton he is not soley responsible in building the core but did contribute a big part.

As you mentioned , you were surprised he did not get a gm postion but did land ann assistant gm. In my opinion he would have to have more experience as an assistant gm and his short term as an interim gm may not have been enough to grant him a gm spot.

i need to reiterate - Pc has done a great job with the cap something tallon may have failed at  and he has made some great trades and he has been lucky as well - all essential in being a winner.. he is certainly one of the best in the game but am i going to agree with everything he does- hell no!(ex- seguin trade) actually even this trade i wonder how much was cap related. 

if you want to know why the tallon situation bears no resemblence to this one with PC...SCROLL UP. 

i don't like the seguin trade either. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

Bring your friends, by all means.  I like lots of voices here, as long as they talk Bruins and make some sense.  But understand that message boards can recognize IP addresses.  

What does that mean for you?  It means, for example, that stanjon and marco come from the same IP address, so denying that they are the same poster is just silly.  It also means that creating 20 new user accounts is a big red flag when they all come from the same IP address, and is likely to be considered spamming.  It is something that advertisers might try, but fortunately message boards have tools to avoid that type of spam.  Seen null around?

So, if you're planning to create a bunch more new accounts, like you have in the past, you probably shouldn't do it all from the same internet connection.  Understand?

Stick with marco.  Talk Bruins.   Follow the rules.

Fletch- stop getting ppl suspended for no real reason and they will not have to make other accounts. let them argue. let them disagree whatever but unless one becomes totally disrespectful then u should not get him suspended,

If u reqd my posts i do not resort to name calling - only after someone starts. So if u want to tell me what is not appropriate on these forums then in all fairness u must tell others too

or things will surely get out of hand. i do believe we are all educated ppl here- yes even with my lousy handwriting i have completed a BA -major in economics and a mba- so my education speaks for itself 

once agin try to open up in the sense that if u do not agree and some others do not as well - this does make u right.  I have been a bruin fan all of my life- as achild i accepted everything bruins did - today i applaud but i criticize . The cup we won was a  biggest sigh of relief a sports fan can ever have. But here is the thing this team can win many more cups in fact i do not think stanley is all that delusional when he talks about how many cups bruins can win. However do not tamper with the nucleus- 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Gorton was Assistant GM in Boston for 7 years before he moved.  He has plenty of experience.  What he did in the window between O'Connell's dismissal and Chiarelli being fully on board was, as I said, to add some key pieces that would need to be developed, kept at the expense of others (Krejci over Kessel), and re-signed under the cap, and supplemented by a completely rebuilt D and two thirds of the forwards.  It's Chiarelli's build.

Sections
Shortcuts