Chiarelli gets 4 year extension

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

Re: Chiarelli gets 4 year extension

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

In response to marco0863's comment:

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

There's a wide open shot there re: the number of marco's friends if anyone's interested.

I'll pass on it and just try, try one last thing.

marco, nothing I've posted is trying to discredit Gorton.  But it is a known thing that Chiarelli was hired before the draft and briefed the Bruins staff on what he wanted to happen and how he wanted the FA period to go.  That's a fact.  We do not know the substance of those meetings and we never will.  We won't know if Chiarelli said, listen, Jeff: "I want you all in to sign Chara and Savard.  I want you to get be Backstrom in the draft and if he's gone, get me Kessel."  But we know the meetings happened. We know they were to allow Chiarelli to set the strategy for the most important weeks of the year.  Those are facts.  That Gorton was still the point man is also a fact, and I give him more credit for getting Lucic and Marchand than Kessel because I can't really see Chiarelli having the foresight to say "at pick 50, get this guy" because who knows if he's still there or not?  Gorton gave Chiarelli some good pieces to work with.  He executed the game plan exceptionally. I'm surprised he hasn't been a GM since.  I liked his work when he was out from O'Connell's shadow.

But you keep defining this as "discredit Gorton" vs. "Gorton is solely responsible for the core" which sounds exactly like the kind of argument you used to make about how great the guy whose gone is vs. the guy who stayed when it was all about Kessel.  This thread dies the second you admit that even drafting three good peices is only the tip of the iceberg for a GM to build a cup contender and manage the cap over a five year period.  That's all Chiarelli.

Are you not entertained?!?!

all right at least some respectful sense. Not sure what u mean about kessel but that argument will never go anyhwere lets face it u hate kessel- i did say he would become a top 10 point getter and he did  many here said he would do nothing in tor. 

This was the start of Marco vs the bdc posters feud. U know there are not many players i would take in front of kessel today.( here comes anither feud)

back to gorton he is not soley responsible in building the core but did contribute a big part.

As you mentioned , you were surprised he did not get a gm postion but did land ann assistant gm. In my opinion he would have to have more experience as an assistant gm and his short term as an interim gm may not have been enough to grant him a gm spot.

i need to reiterate - Pc has done a great job with the cap something tallon may have failed at  and he has made some great trades and he has been lucky as well - all essential in being a winner.. he is certainly one of the best in the game but am i going to agree with everything he does- hell no!(ex- seguin trade) actually even this trade i wonder how much was cap related. 

if you want to know why the tallon situation bears no resemblence to this one with PC...SCROLL UP. 

i don't like the seguin trade either. 

more interested in knowing why you do not like the seguin trade

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

okay first, i don't get how aren't getting this. there will be no documentation that chiarelli was overseeing the draft in 2006. He was forbidden to by the league. If there were documentation, the Bruins would probably get a pick or two taken away from them for some tampering related charge. However, cell phones exist, as do computers, so phone calls can be made and emails can be sent without league officials finding out. Before this season, there was no "negotiation window" before free agency. However, in the past, within the first 10-15 minutes of free agency, players would sign incredibly complicated multi-year contracts. While there isn't going to be an definitive proof that these contracts were negotiated before free agency began, it's abundantly clear that's what happened. Likewise, the Bruins ownership wouldn't allow an "acting GM" that's gone in two weeks to dish out 5 year 37.5 million dollar contracts, and 4 year 20 million dollar contracts willy nilly. That doesn't make any sense. It's abundantly clear therefore, that the person that had been trusted with the long term success of the franchise, had a say in such crucial, huge decisions. 

On to your chicago analogy. Terrible. Tallon was relieved in the off season before the cup run because he messed up bad. Anywhere, here is a list of the players that Tallon didn't acquire, and that Bowman acquired.

Nick Boynton for future considerations, played 3 playoff games. 

andrew ebbett - claimed off waivers, played 0 games in playoffs

Kim Johnsson - played 0 playoff games

Radek Smolenak - played 0 playoff games

That's what Bowman did. three games, for future considerations. 

Chiarelli signed, traded for, or extended every single bruin player that played in the playoffs in 2011. 

There, we talked hockey, you were really really bad at it. 

wait a minute - Was tallon not the guy who got guys like Kane(ok easy pick maybe) Toews(not as easy) Sharpe, keith, Seabrook , Barker, byugfllin(i know its spelled wrong) 

Hossa might have been bowman. tallon was criticized for not handling the cap well, now i have not followed the panthers but i hear they have some real good prospects. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Sigh you missed his point completely - he's saying they're not comparable because Talon did completely build that team.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Gorton was Assistant GM in Boston for 7 years before he moved.  He has plenty of experience.  What he did in the window between O'Connell's dismissal and Chiarelli being fully on board was, as I said, to add some key pieces that would need to be developed, kept at the expense of others (Krejci over Kessel), and re-signed under the cap, and supplemented by a completely rebuilt D and two thirds of the forwards.  It's Chiarelli's build.

Are you not entertained?!?!

he did build the dcorps- but as far as forwards he had Bergy, kessel, krejci, lucic, most recent Marchand - not too shabby to build around 

Chia needs to get some flow of good young players coming in - this is why he may have made changes to his scouting staff.  Once the youngsters are not that young anymore if they are not replaced we may be in trouble. 

I dont think that - Smith, morrow, fraser , caron, Knight will be the answer. 

Hamilton maybe it is too early to say- Dmen sometimes take a very strange downturn 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

i'm not going to discuss the seguin trade with you marco because i'm sickened that i agree with you on something. 

thanks red

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

i'm not going to discuss the seguin trade with you marco because i'm sickened that i agree with you on something. 

thanks red

Hey no hard feelings- read some of book he also gives credit to Gorton but u do not.

Now take a deep breath do not get hostile and tell me why u do not like the seguin  trade. 

as far as red- not sure what she is saying-

once agin i was clear in saying i did not research it- so stop with this proven wrong- 

I do believe tallon building a good part of that team- players like Kane, toews, Sharpe,

Dustin, Seabrook, keith- If i am not mistaken These players came in during tallon tenure, if u like search it but i really do not feel like it and if i am wrong then ok. Tallon was commended on the good job he did but apparently not so as to how to manage the cap. soince u seem to search more then I - Check if some of all of the players i mentioned came in when tallon was there,

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

dummy that's the point. tallon built 100% of that team. you're comparing tallon to Gorton. Tallon signed, drafted, traded for everyone but boynton who played three games. Chiarelli and Tallon can be compared. not gorton and tallon. I give Gorton all the credit in the world for his scouting. I give him 0 credit for what he did as a GM because he did nothing as a GM. He wasn't the GM. He was the Acting GM. in this case "acting" means "taking credit for what happens because a certain someone can't do so legally." It's honestly hard not to get hostile when the same points are made by everyone over and over again and you pretend not to get it. you get it. stop playing dumb. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

dummy that's the point. tallon built 100% of that team. you're comparing tallon to Gorton. Tallon signed, drafted, traded for everyone but boynton who played three games. Chiarelli and Tallon can be compared. not gorton and tallon. I give Gorton all the credit in the world for his scouting. I give him 0 credit for what he did as a GM because he did nothing as a GM. He wasn't the GM. He was the Acting GM. in this case "acting" means "taking credit for what happens because a certain someone can't do so legally." It's honestly hard not to get hostile when the same points are made by everyone over and over again and you pretend not to get it. you get it. stop playing dumb

He's not playing at all.............

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

dummy that's the point. tallon built 100% of that team. you're comparing tallon to Gorton. Tallon signed, drafted, traded for everyone but boynton who played three games. Chiarelli and Tallon can be compared. not gorton and tallon. I give Gorton all the credit in the world for his scouting. I give him 0 credit for what he did as a GM because he did nothing as a GM. He wasn't the GM. He was the Acting GM. in this case "acting" means "taking credit for what happens because a certain someone can't do so legally." It's honestly hard not to get hostile when the same points are made by everyone over and over again and you pretend not to get it. you get it. stop playing dumb. 

Dummy? u need to read - told u have not reserched it- i just named players that tallon got - 

so this is correct- now bowman ur saying did nothing well i am not prpared to say that. They lost byugfin, traded barker and i think he got hossa , and still won a cup with arguably a no name goali. yes Bowman u can say did not contribute as much but did contribute certainly not as much as PC- 

tallon got kane , toews, sharpe, keith and seabrook  dustin but do keep in mind that Gorton did not have the high picks that Tallon had.- I DID NOT RESERCH THIS SO MAYBE SOME OF THESE PLAYERS WERE NOT ALL PART OF TALLON TENURE

Now go research dumbfk- 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

Dummy? u need to read - told u have not reserched it- i just named players that tallon got - 

so this is correct- now bowman ur saying did nothing well i am not prpared to say that. They lost byugfin, traded barker and i think he got hossa , and still won a cup with arguably a no name goali. yes Bowman u can say did not contribute as much but did contribute certainly not as much as PC- 

tallon got kane , toews, sharpe, keith and seabrook  dustin but do keep in mind that Gorton did not have the high picks that Tallon had.- I DID NOT RESERCH THIS SO MAYBE SOME OF THESE PLAYERS WERE NOT ALL PART OF TALLON TENURE

Now go research dumbfk- 

BTW- if u can loosen up ur ego(sign of intellect ) then let's talk seguin i have to believe u just love arguing- Let ur guard down and tell me why u think 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Now go research dumbfk- 

nope. no need to research. i did the 8 seconds of research it took to write the post about chicago the first time around. the one that you still can't understand. ummmm taking a look at your comments, in a word, no. all wrong, except that he traded barker. he didn't get hossa. that happened on the first, tallon was canned on the 15th i'm pretty sure. byfuglien was still on the team when they won the cup, so they didn't lose him either. so, common theme to your posts: everything's wrong. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Marco, this has gotten out of hand, it's silly really. Nobody is saying Jeff Gorton had no input and doesnt deserve any credit for that team assembled. I'm sure he did a lot of leg work. What we're saying is PC, though not officially G.M yet had  a hand in who was picked, signed or traded during the transistion time. I think it's fair to assume during the two meetings he was allowed to have with the bruins he went over a game plan for what he would like done during those times since he was coming on as General Manager. Why is it so hard to convince you of this?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

dummy that's the point. tallon built 100% of that team. you're comparing tallon to Gorton. Tallon signed, drafted, traded for everyone but boynton who played three games. Chiarelli and Tallon can be compared. not gorton and tallon. I give Gorton all the credit in the world for his scouting. I give him 0 credit for what he did as a GM because he did nothing as a GM. He wasn't the GM. He was the Acting GM. in this case "acting" means "taking credit for what happens because a certain someone can't do so legally." It's honestly hard not to get hostile when the same points are made by everyone over and over again and you pretend not to get it. you get it. stop playing dumb

DEZ que fai? u must really know a player when u see one. What do u think Colborne will do this year- ? 

were u playing then too? probably not- i knew was only a matter of time before i heard from you.

Stai bene or something like that

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Marco, this has gotten out of hand, it's silly really. Nobody is saying Jeff Gorton had no input and doesnt deserve any credit for that team assembled. I'm sure he did a lot of leg work. What we're saying is PC, though not officially G.M yet had  a hand in who was picked, signed or traded during the transistion time. I think it's fair to assume during the two meetings he was allowed to have with the bruins he went over a game plan for what he would like done during those times since he was coming on as General Manager. Why is it so hard to convince you of this?

Kelv, there are certainly more serious issues in life then this so if it gets alittle "out of hand" it is ok - none of us will lose sleep over this. 

maybe there was a game plan but when they are saying that the game plan must be this or that- then NO1 the facts show otherwise .GIve the man his due and if i read Book correctly he certainly has. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Kelv, there are certainly more serious issues in life then this so if it gets alittle "out of hand" it is ok - none of us will lose sleep over this. 

maybe there was a game plan but when they are saying that the game plan must be this or that- then NO1 the facts show otherwise .GIve the man his due and if i read Book correctly he certainly has. 

the facts do not show otherwise. there are no facts. you refuse to consider that. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Not looking to discredit anything Gorton may have done. Who knows, maybe he laid done the groundwork for the Rask/Raycorft trade, maybe Ferguson approached him, who knows. But, in my opinion he probably ran it by Chiarelli, if not just out of respect. Could be the same with the draft picks, again who knows...But when it comes to the signing of Chara and Savard, again, in my opinion, I think thats all Chiarelli as I think no ineterim G.M would be making those decisions. Do you think thats fair to assume?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

Now go research dumbfk- 

nope. no need to research. i did the 8 seconds of research it took to write the post about chicago the first time around. the one that you still can't understand. ummmm taking a look at your comments, in a word, no. all wrong, except that he traded barker. he didn't get hossa. that happened on the first, tallon was canned on the 15th i'm pretty sure. byfuglien was still on the team when they won the cup, so they didn't lose him either. so, common theme to your posts: everything's wrong. 

i was not sure on Hossa- man o man i sad it clearly and dustin was on the first cup but then was traded for mostly cap reasons and they still won another cup. 

so gone were t dustin and barker ( a high pick) and bolland  and still won the cup so yes tallon gets most of the credit and a little to bowman. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

DEZ que fai? u must really know a player when u see one. What do u think Colborne will do this year- ? 

were u playing then too? probably not- i knew was only a matter of time before i heard from you.

I'm surprised you'd bring up Colborne again for some reason as you've already proven yourself a liar in that regard. Find one post in which I stated Colborne would be star........just one and I will apologize for mistreating you. Until then, I'll just keep laughing at your pathetic attempts to feel relevant.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

I

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

kelv  if u read my other posts - i already agreed on Chara ( and i thought i always disagree) 

Technically gorton ws in charge but it is certainly a strong possibilty that Chara signed because of his relationship with PC in Ottawa. As far as Savard, who knows? maybe PC could have somehow suggested it and then when sav saw chara sign he followed . I can agree there but i will not on the Rask trade and the2006 picks

Not looking to discredit anything Gorton may have done. Who knows, maybe he laid done the groundwork for the Rask/Raycorft trade, maybe Ferguson approached him, who knows. But, in my opinion he probably ran it by Chiarelli, if not just out of respect. Could be the same with the draft picks, again who knows...But when it comes to the signing of Chara and Savard, again, in my opinion, I think thats all Chiarelli as I think no ineterim G.M would be making those decisions. Do you think thats fair to assume?

Technically gorton ws in charge but it is certainly a strong possibilty that Chara signed because of his relationship with PC in Ottawa. As far as Savard, who knows? maybe PC could have somehow suggested it and then when sav saw chara sign he followed . I can agree there(which i have already posted that i can agree here)  but i will not on the Rask trade and the2006 picks

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Marco should start off each post with, "I have no idea what I'm talking about but.........".

"wow,check out all of the losers in here......"

-Gerry Dee

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

I'm surprised you'd bring up Colborne again for some reason as you've already proven yourself a liar in that regard. Find one post in which I stated Colborne would be star........just one and I will apologize for mistreating you. Until then, I'll just keep laughing at your pathetic attempts to feel relevant.

How the heck can I go back that far- should have bookmarked it. u think i woke up Oh! let us start  a Colborne rumor on DEZ.

it went something like this-

my quote

" i will go out on a limb that colborne will never be a star player in the nhl"

and u replied

" I will go out on a limb and say that he will be a great player" 

Now, ur a liar just admit it and be done. 

and pls explain what the fk do u mean to show my relevance - i cannot even imagine what u mean by this 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

How the heck can I go back that far- should have bookmarked it. u think i woke up Oh! let us start  a Colborne rumor on DEZ.

it went something like this-

my quote

" i will go out on a limb that colborne will never be a star player in the nhl"

and u replied

" I will go out on a limb and say that he will be a great player" 

Now, ur a liar just admit it and be done. 

and pls explain what the fk do u mean to show my relevance - i cannot even imagine what u mean by this 

now why i used "out on a limb" may have been sarcasm cuz i never really thought much of big flaky Joe

if there is a way to bring posts of years ago i will even pay if there is a charge just to see if ur man enough to apologize. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

My posts are open for all to see. You see, I've had the same name for the entire time I've been here. What a novelty. No surprise you got stumped by a big word like relevant.

rel·e·vant  (rl-vnt)

adj. Having a bearing on or connection with the matter at hand.

-Gerry Dee

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

My posts are open for all to see. You see, I've had the same name for the entire time I've been here. What a novelty. No surprise you got stumped by a big word like relevant.

rel·e·vant  (rl-vnt)

adj. Having a bearing on or connection with the matter at hand.

-Gerry Dee

so can we get old posts back?

thx defining  for the term mr.webster

however i cannot understand the "relevance" behind ur comment

Sections
Shortcuts