Chiarelli gets 4 year extension

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Chiarelli gets 4 year extension

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

I've always said Tallon is as responsible for the Hawks being in postion to draft Kane at #1 and Toews at #3 overall as he is for anything else.  He also should get "credit" for whiffing on Cam Barker at #3 and Jack Skille at #7 overall.

In '06 and '07, the Blackhawks picked Toews at #3 and Kane at #1.  The other 12 draft picks were all busts.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Credit is due where credit is due.

Sinden and Dave Lewis.

Without them, there would have been no Gorton or Julien.

So they're pretty much responsible for the cup.

(Sarcasm)

The crappiest threads of the summer are the ones that marco is posting to a lot.  He has nothing to say, but he keeps on saying anyway and then just argues for the sake of arguing.  And crappy threads over the summer say a lot.

(NOT sarcasm)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Sad that we had to trade Seguin but if it was the price to pay to get rid of PEV the Lemon....it was worthwhile....PC and I are on the same wavelength.....so his next move will be to gat rid of ST ....

Thanks again Mr Chiarelli ....

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 4 more Cups by 2020

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

I agree that Cherington has been nothing short of brilliant so far but it is about championships. First order of business for Ainge was bring a championship back to Boston. 2007 draft Danny acquired Ray Allen, Jefferson-West-Allen drafted then used in key trades and Rajon Rondo, best PG in the NBA, also traded draft on draft duty.

Sorry that is not nothing. The cost for Garnett was worth that three year window in my view.

admittedly, i'm not a basketball guy, so i guess i'm just going off comparisons to other sports. I think it's pretty easy to mortgage the future in order to give yourself a championship window. it happens all the time. However as everyone is constantly reminded, you need a lot of luck to win a championship. If the celtics hadn't gotten that luck, and say, lost in the finals in 08, Ainge would be laughed at. All other GMs in the discussion have built their teams for short, and long term success. Danny picked just short term. [/QUOTE]

Ainge got out from under big three contracts when he knew they couldn't beat Miami, that is smart. Danny can now use Pierce/Garnetts money to rebuild around Rondo whom Ainge got on a draft day trade. Auerbach/Gavitt did not do this in the early 90s when McHale/Parish/Bird were done.

Some could say that the BoSox 2004 and Bruins 2011 had some luck in winning there championships, I agree there was some along the way. Where would Chiarelli be now if Cammalleri's shot didn't bounce off of Chara's leg in OT ?

All for not both Ainge and Chiarelli made slick moves to put both organiztions in the position to win. The jury is still out on Cherington until he wins a World Series.

Not lauging at your lack of Basketball history in Boston Cool

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:

as always u make no sense- ill try to post a better thread  say like anyone know where I can buy a good pair of skates or my experience at a stupid supper. or like ur tremendous vision u had on kessel.

keep starting threads that have nothing to do with hockey thats the only time u actually make sense.

bad hab if u got out more often u would maybe learn., So many posters here and elsewhere have acknowledged Gorton accomplish ments including hockey analysts but I argue for the sake of arguing ?- go do whatever u do best but I am certain its on BS' lap.

I'll take you off ignore one last time.

And again, I'm a very busy person, too, and my time is valuable.  If you can't be bothered to write coherently, I can't be bothered to read.

Re: Gorton.  He wasn't GM of a Stanley Cup team.  PC and the "Harvard Mafia" running things now are a bright bunch.  If he was an asset, I'm sure they would have kept him.  And the nucleus of the team in place when Gorton was there didn't win a cup.  It's the fine tuning that wins cups and that was PC.  

Re: Kessel.  Granted, he is more of a playmaker now then he was 4 years ago, but that is the ONLY aspect of his game that's improved.

He is still lazy.

He still hasn't scored 40 goals.

He defensive game still has problems.

He still hasn't turned his game up a notch when it counts.

He still isn't a leader on his team.

He still doesn't sacrifice.

He doesn't play hurt.

He is still a one trick pony, he skates fast and can get off a quick snapshot and is a danger offensively.  How far did that take his team in the playoffs?

Obviously you value goal scorers.  Goal scoring in the regular season, that's nice, whatever.  Goal scoring in the playoffs is a different matter.  Kessel got 4 goals in the 7 game series v. the Bruins and ONE more in the last game would have seen his team advance.

One trick pony.

And now I'm done with you.  You're not here to discuss anything.  You're here to call everyone else wrong because you think you're smarter than everyone else.  And your short hand responses are rude.  My time is valuable, maybe more so than yours and it's disrespectful for you to not even bother to write posts which can't even be understood.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

I'll take you off ignore one last time.

And again, I'm a very busy person, too, and my time is valuable.  If you can't be bothered to write coherently, I can't be bothered to read.

Re: Gorton.  He wasn't GM of a Stanley Cup team.  PC and the "Harvard Mafia" running things now are a bright bunch.  If he was an asset, I'm sure they would have kept him.  And the nucleus of the team in place when Gorton was there didn't win a cup.  It's the fine tuning that wins cups and that was PC.  

Re: Kessel.  Granted, he is more of a playmaker now then he was 4 years ago, but that is the ONLY aspect of his game that's improved.

He is still lazy.

He still hasn't scored 40 goals.

He defensive game still has problems.

He still hasn't turned his game up a notch when it counts.

He still isn't a leader on his team.

He still doesn't sacrifice.

He doesn't play hurt.

He is still a one trick pony, he skates fast and can get off a quick snapshot and is a danger offensively.  How far did that take his team in the playoffs?

Obviously you value goal scorers.  Goal scoring in the regular season, that's nice, whatever.  Goal scoring in the playoffs is a different matter.  Kessel got 4 goals in the 7 game series v. the Bruins and ONE more in the last game would have seen his team advance.

One trick pony.

And now I'm done with you.  You're not here to discuss anything.  You're here to call everyone else wrong because you think you're smarter than everyone else.  And your short hand responses are rude.  My time is valuable, maybe more so than yours and it's disrespectful for you to not even bother to write posts which can't even be understood.

Have to disagree with a couple points here, Badhab. Kessel has his defensive shortcomings for sure but I'd hesitate to call anyone with his skill levfel a "one trick pony". He's one of the fastest skaters, has a tremendous shot, very dangerous around the net and like you said the playmaking part of his game has improved.

When you say he doenst turn up his game a notch when it counts, the small sample from last years playoffs I thought he was far and away their best player. 4 goals in 7 games and tons of scroing chances, I thought he plauyed very well.

When someone is diagnosed with testicular cancer, has surgery and is back in game action in a matter of weeks, I'd hesitate to question their willingness to play hurt.

Now, would I want him on the Bruins again. No, not at the expense of anyone on the top 6, even though I think Iginla will be here for one year.

11. This post has been removed.