Chiarelli interview on NHL Home Ice radio

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Chiarelli interview on NHL Home Ice radio

https://twitter.com/nhlhomeice/status/114695677761683456

http://www.xmhomeice.com/onair_audio/11-09-16%20Peter%20Chiarelli.mp3

Interesting thoughts on Tuukka, Julien, cup hangover and his rotary phone...

Nite, Make sure you call into Scott Laughlin today and tell him to stop talking about his Maple Stiffs...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Re: Chiarelli interview on NHL Home Ice radio

In Response to Chiarelli interview on NHL Home Ice radio:
    [QUOTE]       https://twitter.com/nhlhomeice/status/114695677761683456 http://www.xmhomeice.com/onair_audio/11-09-16%20Peter%20Chiarelli.mp3 Interesting thoughts on Tuukka, Julien, cup hangover and his rotary phone... Nite, Make sure you call into Scott Laughlin today and tell him to stop talking about his Maple Stiffs...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Ha . Sandog I just started a thread on what I heard from Chiarelli yesterday at the same time you were putting this up without knowing.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Bogie has to listen to this and be open minded about what PC says about Julien and the coaching staff. Who knows that staff better then him ( I was referring to Chiarelli and not you bogie ) ?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Thanks Chowda, I'm only correct when it shows, and Claude plus staff won the cup, so what can I say now?? Maybe I just don't like Claude's defense first style, just like I did not like LeMaire's neutral zone trap, but both " styles" won games, and Claude has helped erase Lewis memories. I still feel that this Bruins core, plus the latest draft selections, and Acquisitions, could play a faster, more appealing game, ala San Jose, if Claude were replaced. Plus the lack of a PP, with the existing talent, does not provide Goeff Ward or Claude with kudos from me.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

Ward wasn't canned the second the parade was over?

Not good.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Chiarelli interview on NHL Home Ice radio:
    [QUOTE]Thanks Chowda, I'm only correct when it shows, and Claude plus staff won the cup, so what can I say now?? Maybe I just don't like Claude's defense first style, just like I did not like LeMaire's neutral zone trap, but both " styles" won games, and Claude has helped erase Lewis memories. I still feel that this Bruins core, plus the latest draft selections, and Acquisitions, could play a faster, more appealing game, ala San Jose, if Claude were replaced. Plus the lack of a PP, with the existing talent, does not provide Goeff Ward or Claude with kudos from me.
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]

A faster more appealing game for San Jose has won them what ? Were you hoping for a Stanley cup team last year or were you looking for style points like the Sharks could have given you.

I'm happy with the former.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

Thanks for the links.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

I dont get the whole "defensive style first" that so many people constantly complain about.  The Bruins havent exactly lacked scoring guys (werent they 8th in the league this year?) and if they can score as much as they do while playing "defensive first mentality" Im all for it.  Id rather not see 6-5, 8-6 wins.  3-1, 4-2 are great.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Agree with your point Chowda, just suggesting my druthers. Perhaps my perspective is also about what I perceive are Claude's blind spots, like his love affair with Ryder, and now Thornton; his commitment to veteran's over younger, less experienced players; his commitment to coaches who don't appear to have more individualistic participation, like Ramsey, who actually managed the defense; his restrictions on the asst. coaches, so they all appear to be " robots" not thinkers; Claude is obviously a very solid coach, as Chiarelli says, just not my cup of tea.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]Agree with your point Chowda, just suggesting my druthers. Perhaps my perspective is also about what I perceive are Claude's blind spots, like his love affair with Ryder, and now Thornton; his commitment to veteran's over younger, less experienced players; his commitment to coaches who don't appear to have more individualistic participation, like Ramsey, who actually managed the defense; his restrictions on the asst. coaches, so they all appear to be " robots" not thinkers; Claude is obviously a very solid coach, as Chiarelli says, just not my cup of tea.
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]

Bogie I'd love it if the Bruins played firewagon hockey like the Oilers of the 80's. But Claude is not that type of coach and it seems todays hockey has become a game of systems . I see where you're coming from with the type of hockey you'd prefer the Bruins to play. I would too but I don't think this team is suited to that style of play ( just for you BB ). They are a hard working team without the superstar forwards.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Yes, I agree, but the way Chiarelli is drafting he may be heading in the direction I would prefer, and may well accomplish it without retaining Claude. Obviously it requires a lot of change, starting with Boychuck this year, then Ference replaced by Hamilton and the addition of Knight and Spooner year after next. It will obviously be fun to watch, plus a little bit of angst when Claude fails to produce more flexibility this coming season. My view starts with Timmy, as it appeared that a number of other coaches were out maneuvering Claude's defenses, even though the Bruins won, and forcing Timmy to look to be in trouble. If that happens, and Claude rides Timmy as he is prone to do, we'll see the beginning of change emerge.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]Yes, I agree, but the way Chiarelliis drafting he may be heading in the direction I would prefer, and may well accomplish it without retaining Claude. Obviously it requires a lot of change, starting with Boychuck this year, then Ference replaced by Hamilton and the addition of Knight and Spooner year after next. It will obviously be fun to watch, plus a little bit of angst when Claude fails to produce more flexibility this coming season. My view starts with Timmy, as it appeared that a number of other coaches were out maneuvering Claude's defenses, even though the Bruins won, and forcing Timmy to look to be in trouble. If that happens, and Claude rides Timmy as he is prone to do, we'll see the beginning of change emerge.
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]

What I like about the players he's drafted recently is to go along with good skills, they ( Seguin , Knight, Spooner and Hamilton ) are fast skaters .  Koko has some work to do in that area.The Bruins will have a fast team in years to come if these players make the NHL.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuturmouthwhenimtalkingtoyou. Show shuturmouthwhenimtalkingtoyou's posts

B's gotted many brake last a year

No gonna happen again

You can a mahk my word

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

jtassinarisoccer got banned, but is now back with a new name.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Thanks for the link SanDawg !  Nice polite interview, nothing unexpcected, but pleasant to listen to.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Thanks Sandog,  I only listened to the twitter link.  My reactions are as follows, not that they matter.  

Savard did not have control over his PCS....an excellent observation, I agree with the argument and said so, but still I feel Savard does not belong on the Cup.  The comment on bridge contracts from the entry level to the second contract was enlightening.  He mentioned the word "project" as the difficulty to project how a player will evolve and what is the due reward.  Marchand was won over to his argument.  Me thinks he is saying one year does not make a career.  The hangover question was answered not quickly but it did navigate to the parity in the league as a factor in the lack of repeated Cup champions in the last ten years.  PC did go on to say the core of the Bs is strong, I might add young too, considering Bergeron is only 26.  The Team was his locus and he specifically mentioned the closeness of the players.  Compatibility between Tuuka and TT was understood, he was quick to say Tuuka is competitive but respectful.  A "Finish" project, ha.  I was a bit annoyed with the Claude and his staff as being solid.  Power play anyone.  Again thanks for the feed.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Chiarelli interview on NHL Home Ice radio:[QUOTE]The hangover question was answered not quickly but it did navigate to the parity in the league as a factor in the lack of repeated Cup champions in the last ten years.  PC did go on to say the core of the Bs is strong, I might add young too, considering Bergeron is only 26.  The Team was his locus and he specifically mentioned the closeness of the players.  Compatibility between Tuuka and TT was understood, he was quick to say Tuuka is competitive but respectful.  A "Finish" project, ha.  I was a bit annoyed with the Claude and his staff as being solid.  Power play anyone.  Again thanks for the feed.  Posted by islamorada[/QUOTE]

Allot of the interviews now on the radio with obnoxious shock jocks and Peter are all touchy feely but wait till the Bruins go on a 2 game losing streak.

Yes youth will be served for years to come!