Chiarelli Plans on Making Trade, Will Consider Dealing 1st Pick From Toronto?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Chiarelli Plans on Making Trade, Will Consider Dealing 1st Pick From Toronto?

http://www.nesn.com/2011/02/peter-chiarelli-plans-on-making-trade-will-consider-dealing-first-round-pick-from-toronto.html

Talk about advertising to other GMs that he would consider it or maybe at least I won't laugh if you bring it up. It doesn't make it so that PC will trade it but what it says to me for the right package he would. So the bottom feeders teams that will not make it have be penciling in a deal before they ring up PC right ?

Anyone on the board that would not give up that TO #1 pick for anything ? Not going to argue just wanted your thoughts as to why...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wingnut11. Show Wingnut11's posts

Re: Chiarelli Plans on Making Trade, Will Consider Dealing 1st Pick From Toronto?

IMO - if you trade that pick, it had BETTER be for something significant AND be for a player who you either is locked up or can be locked up somewhat easily.
    A top 5 pick (just an assumption) "should" be a cornerstone player for 5-10 years so using it on a rental would be foolish, especially considering just one player usually does not guarantee a cup.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from savybergy77. Show savybergy77's posts

Re: Chiarelli Plans on Making Trade, Will Consider Dealing 1st Pick From Toronto?

Yeah if he trades that 1st rounder it better have a name like Eric Johnson or something coming back.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

If you look at the top five in this year's draft, they all have potenial to be franchise players. It falls off considerably after that group, so yes trade the pick, but only if you can get serious quality that is at least signed for another year  in return.

If we end up getting just a rental for that pick and Toronto ends up winning the lottery, trading that pick could end up being the Grahame for Bourque trade, but with us on the losing end of it this time.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Yeah, it better be good.  Because it will certainly be worth a heck of a lot when we get to draft week 2011 and teams are falling in love with top 5 prospects. 

I know that dealing the pick at the draft doesn't get us anything this year, but it might yield a big prize if we hang on to it and use other assets to get a piece now.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I think it's a good move to make that public and to entertain offers. That's what chips like this are for.

The key is, if you botch the return on trading the pick for a player you end up scapegoating out of town, you basically do what Sinden and O'Connell did here for years.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

In Response to Chiarelli Plans on Making Trade, Will Consider Dealing 1st Pick From Toronto?:
    [QUOTE]http://www.nesn.com/2011/02/peter-chiarelli-plans-on-making-trade-will-consider-dealing-first-round-pick-from-toronto.html Talk about advertising to other GMs that he would consider it or maybe at least I won't laugh if you bring it up. It doesn't make it so that PC will trade it but what it says to me for the right package he would. So the bottom feeders teams that will not make it have be penciling in a deal before they ring up PC right ? Anyone on the board that would not give up that TO #1 pick for anything ? Not going to argue just wanted your thoughts as to why...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Dog,.. if Toronto keeps winning games and falls out of the top 5, I too would consider trading the pick.. not a given Toronto can do that... I am sure PC will want high returns for that pick and better to throw it out now and let teams know to come to the table with solid offers then beating around the bush..

You have to give something to get something..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Let the Yandle talks spark up again!

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Toronto is 4-5-1 in their last 10, a worse record then all he teams behind them except for Edmonton and Ottawa. They're also still three points back of sixth, but all the teams they are chasing to move out of the lottery have games in hand. I don't see TO getting out of the top five (unless a team from 6-9 wins the lottery), and actually think they'll drop a few spots (maybe third) before the season is over.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

Here is the PC interview:  http://audio.weei.com/a/36932431/peter-chiarelli-bruins-gm.htm

In the follow up after the question about the first round pick PC says there is a deal they are discussing internally.  What is your interpretation is it a deal that involves the Toronto pick or not?

If it does include the Toronto pick do you think it is for Erik Johnson or Zack Bogosian?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Chiarelli Plans on Making Trade, Will Consider Dealing 1st Pick From Toronto?:
    [QUOTE]I think it's a good move to make that public and to entertain offers. That's what chips like this are for. The key is, if you botch the return on trading the pick for a player you end up scapegoating out of town, you basically do what Sinden and O'Connell did here for years.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]
    I think it's a great tactic......l'm sure PC will be a very busy man, from now till the deadline.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

after all bruins do have alot of good young players now .i would do it . BUT IT CAN,T BE A RENTAL PLAYER

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

We have a problem if he doesn't make this work.   He now has cap space a golden chip and teams willing to part with veterans.

If there was ever a team to infuse offense into a possible Cup contender, this is it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Zach Parise

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I would deal the pick only if it was for a young star.  Those players usually aren't what is being shopped at this time of year.  If it's a veteran rental, it won't take a top-10 pick to get it.  Look at Kovulchuk last year, he took a big package to land, but nothing that was included was blue-chip.  I would think Wheeler or Stuart (depending on what you're getting back), BOS 1st and a prospect would be a sweet deal for any rental out there.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

You'd have to be a fool NOT to trade TOR's 1st in a package for Parise...he is 2x the player Kessel will ever be.  However, you'd need to make sure you sign him long-term.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

The way I see it,  if that team has a player that now would be considered a  top5 pick and is not a UFA then it should be considered.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

In Response to Re: Chiarelli Plans on Making Trade, Will Consider Dealing 1st Pick From Toronto?:
    [QUOTE]You'd have to be a fool NOT to trade TOR's 1st in a package for Parise...he is 2x the player Kessel will ever be.  However, you'd need to make sure you sign him long-term.
    Posted by KrayzieJoe[/QUOTE]
    I think he means that Jersey is not trading Parise even for Toronto's pick.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

After the top 3-5 in this yrs draft it really gets watered down.  If we have a top 3 pick I would tend to wanna keep it.  If it drops and TO keeps winning games I would consider it for the right player. 

I honestly doubt we land a franchise type player.  And this is likely to entice GM's to start calling.  Edmonton would love to grab this pick. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

did i hear chia say that there,s allready a deal on the table if he wants to take it ,interestingWink

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]After the top 3-5 in this yrs draft it really gets watered down.  If we have a top 3 pick I would tend to wanna keep it.  If it drops and TO keeps winning games I would consider it for the right player.  I honestly doubt we land a franchise type player.  And this is likely to entice GM's to start calling.  Edmonton would love to grab this pick. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

I think the players people are talking most about moving it for are

Yandle
    E. Johnson

Either way id be super happy.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]did i hear chia say that there,s allready a deal on the table if he wants to take it ,interesting
    Posted by bruinsfan084evr[/QUOTE]

I hope that IF he is making a deal he does it soon. I dislike suspense

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

If we draft 5th (which it looks like) it'll likely be Defensemen Ryan Murphy of the Kitchener Rangers. He's on pace to score 25 goals this year.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Like I said...after the top 5 it tends to get watered down.  If its for Yandle I would do it regardless of where we picked.  He is that good.