Chiarelli Plans on Making Trade, Will Consider Dealing 1st Pick From Toronto?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

Re: Chiarelli Plans on Making Trade, Will Consider Dealing 1st Pick From Toronto?

It's interesting. Considering we're in the #5 selection/spot so far, by all means. Neither Murphy or Hamilton (who will be picked 5th) will be NHL ready next season. However, if we were in the top 3 range, meaning a Couturier or Larsson, I WOULD NOT trade it away. Larsson will be one of the better d-men in the NHL in his prime, and Couturier, despite being a Centre, will probly be one of the top 20 players (amongst the forward group) in the NHL. Big size, SOLID defensively, tremendous passer and a very good scorer. With that being said, since we are currently at #5, by all means, se what you can get for it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Chiarelli Plans on Making Trade, Will Consider Dealing 1st Pick From Toronto?

Hock,

I would still trade 1-5 picks to Phon. for Yandle.  He is a star.  Very very under rated.  He is still young and is a horse.  Me likey him lots.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

I agree, Shupe, that it drops after the top 5. Given our current position, I'd trade it away. Like I said, the only 2 players I wouldn't trade it away for would be Couturier and Larsson.

Nugent-Hopkins, we have too many of those (playmaking centre's that can't score a great deal)
    Landeskog-Concerns me with his injury, but is pretty good
    Hamilton-Good player, but not untouchable
    Murphy-Elite scoring d-man, but has aspects of Mike Green (he is undersized)...if you know what I mean. Pair him with a Chara or someone and he'll do fine. If not, then idk.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Chiarelli Plans on Making Trade, Will Consider Dealing 1st Pick From Toronto?:
    [QUOTE]It's interesting. Considering we're in the #5 selection/spot so far, by all means. Neither Murphy or Hamilton (who will be picked 5th) will be NHL ready next season. However, if we were in the top 3 range, meaning a Couturier or Larsson, I WOULD NOT trade it away. Larsson will be one of the better d-men in the NHL in his prime, and Couturier, despite being a Centre, will probly be one of the top 20 players (amongst the forward group) in the NHL. Big size, SOLID defensively, tremendous passer and a very good scorer. With that being said, since we are currently at #5, by all means, se what you can get for it.
    Posted by Hockguy0818[/QUOTE]
    We don't know for sure which guys will be NHL ready and which ones won't.I like the idea of drafting Hamilton.He's a big kid(6'4-193)with some offensive upside who doesn't mind the rough stuff.Not saying he will play right away but I'm not willing to bet he won't.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

Like I've mentioned before, time & time again, the "prime four" of: Couturier, Larsson, Nugent-Hopkins & Landeskog will go 1-4 in some order. The 5th selection, or 5th best prospect I should say, is a d-man (either Murphy or Hamilton).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

IMO Chiarelli has been aces in most deals. He will not trade the pick for a rental, but Phoenix could want to include more than Yandle.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Chiarelli Plans on Making Trade, Will Consider Dealing 1st Pick From Toronto?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chiarelli Plans on Making Trade, Will Consider Dealing 1st Pick From Toronto? : I think the players people are talking most about moving it for are Yandle E. Johnson Either way id be super happy.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]
    I would be all exite for that!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Yandle is awesome, I would say he's worth TOR's 1st

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

[QUOTE]The way I see it,  if that team has a player that now would be considered a  top5 pick and is not a UFA then it should be considered.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Hey Legion, did you hear the audio clip? Did you hear PC's views on Ference?
    "Although I am not willing to give him a pass" " I wish he would have viewed the hit before he commented on it"  to be fair "he did say no problem with the room, and if guys have one they will have to deal with it" 
     ..Ok we are done with that topic :) 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Like I said...after the top 5 it tends to get watered down.  If its for Yandle I would do it regardless of where we picked.  He is that good. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

Good example for me to use for my post.
    If a player like Yandle would be in the draft would he go top5 in this draft ?
    If your answer is yes then the Leafs 1st rounder is worth trading.

Cowboys,  you're killing me. PC said the smart thing and besides,  he abides by the code  Wink
    Now if someone hits Subban like that and everyone keeps their mouth shut I'll be happy.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jman4. Show jman4's posts

This years draft is wide open. A great prospect can be selected up until the 9th pick. I would not be too quick to trade the pick unless it is a great upgrade for us perhaps Zach P from the Devils if avaialble (just a wish).

If you look at the trades at the dealine very few deals really have any impact past the playoffs and the next season the rentals are gone.

PC has proven to be no fool he will not deal the pick unless it really makes sense.

Go B's

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chiarelli Plans on Making Trade, Will Consider Dealing 1st Pick From Toronto? : Good example for me to use for my post. If a player like Yandle would be in the draft would he go top5 in this draft ? If your answer is yes then the Leafs 1st rounder is worth trading. Cowboys,  you're killing me. PC said the smart thing and besides,  he abides by the code  Now if someone hits Subban like that and everyone keeps their mouth shut I'll be happy.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]
    Does that mean you considered his standing by his player being  "the smart thing"?I just think the same as PC-Ference might have said something different had he seen replays of the hit 1st.But,like everyone else,I'm letting this go.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

I think Backes could be the Neeley-type player we all thought Lucic would be.

Me likey.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I think Backes could be the Neeley-type player we all thought Lucic would be. Me likey.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]
    I really like Backes but I don't see why you think he's better than Lucic.Their numbers are near identical while Lucic is 4 years younger.Not that Backes isn't tough but Lucic was voted by the players to be one of the leagues most feared fighters.I guess I don't understand your dig aimed at Lucic.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

I am ok if they can get Parise and make sure they can sign him for 4-5 years

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

I think this disclosure by PC is directed precisely at Lou Lamoriello. The object is definitely Zach Parise.

The thought of 2 picks in the top 5 will have "Leaping Lou" salavating at the prospect.

The deal will be a multi-player one. I wouldn't be surprise if Nathan Horton is included.

But I would still hate to give up the 1st round choice. Lamoriello must make it worthwhile.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Absolutely smart move to advertise this... it brings calls to you instead of you making all the calls. I think we have most of the pieces we need signed so that we should be a playoff team for a few years... let's use our picks and prospects to get the missing pieces.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

If I could get Jordan Staal, Patrick Sharp, Ryan Kesler for forwards or Shea Weber, Keith Yandle or Ehrhoff (yes really) for that 1st or that first and not much more I'd do it faster than Phil Kessel could deny responability for anything.

Much as I'd like to see Landeskog (LW) in a Bruins uniform those six probably put the team over the top. Ryan Malone wouldn't make me cry either, but he's not quite what the Bruins need right now, good as he is.

In Response to Chiarelli Plans on Making Trade, Will Consider Dealing 1st Pick From Toronto?:
    [QUOTE]http://www.nesn.com/2011/02/peter-chiarelli-plans-on-making-trade-will-consider-dealing-first-round-pick-from-toronto.html Talk about advertising to other GMs that he would consider it or maybe at least I won't laugh if you bring it up. It doesn't make it so that PC will trade it but what it says to me for the right package he would. So the bottom feeders teams that will not make it have be penciling in a deal before they ring up PC right ? Anyone on the board that would not give up that TO #1 pick for anything ? Not going to argue just wanted your thoughts as to why...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Yah bandg me thinks the deal would have to be for now impact high end player. I also think it would be part of a big multi player deal. PC has time to put this type of deal together but I'd like it to be completed say a week before the deadline.

PC is in a good position because he has a few players with expiring contracts, prospects and the TO pick to get something big put together. Teams like Edmonton and New Jersey should look at it as getting two picks in the top five I would.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

If they did make a move for a guy like Parise...they have the room to lock him up.  Cap Geek lists them at 18 roster players with roughly $8.7M in space against the current Cap.  Parise would be 19.  Marchand resigned would be 20.  If Parise (or insert other big name RFA get) gets $6.5 and Marchand $1.75, there's still room for a low-end extra body, even assuming Savard comes back hale.

Pretty meaningless when you don't know what other dollars are going out to acquire said player, but it bears noting that the money will be there to re-sign the kind of player who you'd part with the Toronto pick to acquire.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Actually, I saw this http://pucksage.com/?p=289 post from someone I follow on twitter. Some interesting candidates for the center slot. Staal & Sharp included.
    I'm a lot interested to see what happens and who PC picks.

[QUOTE]Yah bandg me thinks the deal would have to be for now impact high end player. I also think it would be part of a big multi player deal. PC has time to put this type of deal together but I'd like it to be completed say a week before the deadline. PC is in a good position because he has a few players with expiring contracts, prospects and the TO pick to get something big put together. Teams like Edmonton and New Jersey should look at it as getting two picks in the top five I would.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

Maybe he doesn't find a package that the brass deems worthy of giving up the top 5 pick for. Perhaps the "trade" he ends up making is for Kaberle or Phillips while not giving up anything worth a great deal. Anyone think of that?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]If they did make a move for a guy like Parise...they have the room to lock him up.  Cap Geek lists them at 18 roster players with roughly $8.7M in space against the current Cap.  Parise would be 19.  Marchand resigned would be 20.  If Parise (or insert other big name RFA get) gets $6.5 and Marchand $1.75, there's still room for a low-end extra body, even assuming Savard comes back hale. Pretty meaningless when you don't know what other dollars are going out to acquire said player, but it bears noting that the money will be there to re-sign the kind of player who you'd part with the Toronto pick to acquire.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]
    I would have no problem trading that pick for someone like Parise, if we could sign him long term. There isn't a player in this years draft that I would covet enough, to say no to that deal. Parise is that good!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

Does anyone know how Parise is progressing from his injury?

Sections
Shortcuts