Chiarelli will get it done

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Chiarelli will get it done

"There's a lot of teams still in [the playoff race]. ... And there's a lot of players that are locked up. Like, I have all the names on my board of potential UFAs, and it's not a real big list.

He's (Chiarelli) also had talks with the rest of the impending free agents, but acknowledged earlier this week that he may have to expand his search and look at players who could contribute in Boston beyond this year.

If I feel I'm maybe not getting close to signing somebody, I may look at a player that has future years left on his contract," Chiarelli said."

PC has the cap space, he has talent whom are currently in the lineup to trade , he has got prospects that you may not want to see him part with (including my favorite) and most of all he has the patience not to pull the trigger on a trade that is just a knee jerk patch work trade.

Have some patience that surprising Siedenberg, Peverley, Kelly or even a bigger Horton type move could happen as well at anytime now. RELAAAAXXXXXX.....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottm50. Show scottm50's posts

Re: Chiarelli will get it done

Good post Sandog....PC has done a great job in my opinion,  oh and there's that Stanley Cup thingy last season too.  I have no doubt that he will do what is best for the team going forward and rest assured, Peter, Cam, the management team and the players WANT to win another cup...this season!!  PC will do his best to ensure the right group of players are in a Bruins Jersey to accomplish this.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

He's (Chiarelli) also had talks with the rest of the impending free agents, but acknowledged earlier this week that he may have to expand his search and look at players who could contribute in Boston beyond this year.

Tha was my point in another . thread.  Pc doesnt really see a cheap quick fix and needs to not look into the furtures but to the now that can be a future.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

We forget that it's entirely possible he could look at who is available, determine the price is too high and....gulp....not do anything. It's very possible.

The Bs have goodwill and patience from the fans due to the Cup win, and are going to make the playoffs anyway. But with Horton and Peverly out, and Thomas only playing average, the D stinking up the joint, and only one good offensive line every night (that has two guys in their sophomore season who are prone to dry spells), what's to say PC won't just stand pat, take his chances this year and instead make the push in the off-season?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BorisTheGorilla. Show BorisTheGorilla's posts

Let's not expect a big deal.  Expect a rental forward like Mike Knuble and maybe Lubomir Vishnovsky on defence in a deal. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

I posted on another thread...George McPhee states, "Knuble isn't going any where....And PC has stated " I don't want to make any roster changes to do a trade."...So I guess that means a rental player who isn't Knuble and no other current Bruin will be moved....Let's see how this plays out....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I never want to go all in on a low flush, but somehow someone always lures me in.  I'd think the biggest risk for Chiarelli is looking at a guy, with years left of his deal, who would be a real strong fit, but the other GM wants a roster guy.  Then you fight the romance of what if....?

Don't miss the shot across the bow on the current guys, too - including Tuukka.  "If I feel I'm not close to getting somebody signed...".  Given that Nash is out there and you have to imagine Tuukka would be very attractive in a package, I'm guessing there's a small note in there.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

we've all noted how effective Peter is in his dealings and Cap management. Injuries cannot be anticipated to hit the same roster position as they have. I would also imagine that Peter/Cam are going to become more involved in Claude's world than usual.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Chiarelli will get it done:
    Given that Nash is out there and you have to imagine Tuukka would be very attractive in a package, I'm guessing there's a small note in there. Posted by Bookboy007

Ahh "E" note ?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

i'd rather no move than a bad move

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I don't know if PC can get it done or not.
    I will say that if PC doesn't get it done, it could very well be that there wasn't a reasonable deal to be done.

PC's biggest mistakes were earlier in his career and he's been making fewer and fewer as time goes on.

For my money I say he's the best GM in the league.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

For my money I say he's the best GM in the league. Posted by BadHabitude

I agree and I could probably only think of about 3 or 4 other GMs that are just at Chiarelli's level.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: Chiarelli will get it done : I agree and I could probably only think of about 3 or 4 other GMs that are just at Chiarelli's level.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Dawg - If there's an elite membership club of GM's, he's in there.

Sections
Shortcuts