Chiarelli's Chips

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Chiarelli's Chips

Trying to move on from the Iginla fiasco, thinking about the offer he made and what chips he really has to use.  Trying to break this out, to see what he might be in position to use to help this team.

Prospects:

Elite: None

Good: Spooner, Subban, Khokhlachev, Camara & Svedberg

Fair: Knight, Krug, Griffith, Payne, Grzelcyk & Ferlin

Draft Picks:

2013 and beyond...don't think he has traded any away or acquired any additional

Cap Space:

Good space for 2012-13, but tight for next year

Roster Players:

Guys like Caron or better could possibly be moved

It's been said before, but players with expiring contracts seem like the best fit for the team, but the trick is what would he be willing to part with for a rental not named Iginla?  I thought Khokhlachev and a 1st rounder was a pretty steep price to pay for a rental, so the fact that the deal ultimately fell apart might not have been the worst thing in the world.  Not sure if I am missing any assets, please weigh in if I did.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Chiarelli's Chips

Good list, Crowls.  Great for reference.

Thanks!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

even though i don't put anything in goaltending prospects, i think the general consesus is that Subban is elite. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Crowls - seems mostly right.  I'd move Krug and add Camper - The Hockey News puts him at 9th among Bruin prospects behind Matty Consonants and Ferlin - and Bartkowski, who, for all that it was mocked in the aftermath, was accepted as part of the package for Iginla.

Prospects:

Elite: Yetiberg (abominable)

Good: Spooner, Subban, Khokhlachev, Camara & Svedberg (Krug - THN put him between Spooner and Camara, so I'm guessing he fits here as the top D prospect; Caron - not an NHL roster player even though he's dressing as one).

Fair: Knight, Griffith, Payne, Grzelcyk & Ferlin (Bartkowski, Camper, and MacDermid - because someone might make a move for "toughness")

Draft Picks:

Cap Space:

Roster Players:

Peverley could move, but I don't see any other roster player with a ticket in hand in a deadline type deal.  Horton for a similar player with similar struggles?  If the other team planned to re-sign him?  But that's about it. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Roster Players:

Peverley could move, but I don't see any other roster player with a ticket in hand in a deadline type deal.  Horton for a similar player with similar struggles?  If the other team planned to re-sign him?  But that's about it. 

[/QUOTE]

I could see anyone except the Bergeron line, Rask, Chara, Seids and Boychuck getting moved. I'm not convinced PC and Neely can handle "lack of compete" for much longer.

How much does Looch need to stink to get moved by the guy everyone is waiting for him to play like? What a smack that would be.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

They're not going to trade Lucic, though he'd look awfully nice playing with Evande Kane ;)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

In response to red75's comment:

They're not going to trade Lucic, though he'd look awfully nice playing with Evande Kane ;)

What's the max return they'd get? Honestly.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Even with his current slump, and the fact he's locked up for a while? To a team that tries to play a Bruins style and has cap space, like the Jets, at least what they got for Kessel. The Canucks would also likely pay a premium for the hometown hero.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Even with his current slump, and the fact he's locked up for a while? To a team that tries to play a Bruins style and has cap space, like the Jets, at least what they got for Kessel. The Canucks would also likely pay a premium for the hometown hero.

I'd take it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Imagine Fat Lucic and Buff at the pre-game meal?  I'd pay to see that.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Lucic for two firsts and a second from the Jets? Where do we sign?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

F that.  Jacobs would have to acquire a 49% stake in the tax department of Manitoba for this deal to take place.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

unacceptable that's all I will say. Team needs some type of trade who n what I don't know

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

As if PC needed any motivation for change, today's effort should make his head explode.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

As if PC needed any motivation for change, today's effort should make his head explode.

Reminded me of the 2006 and 2007 season when Bergeron was the only one on the ice working his butte off. If I were the Bruins GM, Lucic would not be safe.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Trying to move on from the Iginla fiasco, thinking about the offer he made and what chips he really has to use.  Trying to break this out, to see what he might be in position to use to help this team.

Prospects:

Elite: None

Good: Spooner, Subban, Khokhlachev, Camara & Svedberg

Fair: Knight, Krug, Griffith, Payne, Grzelcyk & Ferlin

Draft Picks:

Cap Space:

Roster Players:

Guys like Caron or better could possibly be moved

It's been said before, but players with expiring contracts seem like the best fit for the team, but the trick is what would he be willing to part with for a rental not named Iginla?  I thought Khokhlachev and a 1st rounder was a pretty steep price to pay for a rental, so the fact that the deal ultimately fell apart might not have been the worst thing in the world.  Not sure if I am missing any assets, please weigh in if I did.

Good list except I disagree with one prospect. Before he was injured, Jared Knight was considered one of the top prospects the Bruins had in their organization. 

Should he be considered less of a prospect due to injury ?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Should he be considered less of a prospect due to injury ?"

Good question and if your a GM possibly inquiring you have to ask "How long can or should a hamstring injury last ?"

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Good question and if your a GM possibly inquiring you have to ask "How long can or should a hamstring injury last ?"

It's obviously more then just an average pulled hamstring. A tear perhaps ?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

I would just think there is injury risk there that would erode some of his value.  All the better for PC if he is still on par with the other guys.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

He's been skating for a month but wearing a no-contact red jersey during practice(s). Cassidy basically said he is not playing until April so that pretty musch means he will be inserted for the AHL playoffs. Hope the most delicate hamstring in the history of the AHL can hold up.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

I would just think there is injury risk there that would erode some of his value.  All the better for PC if he is still on par with the other guys.

Possibly, but then again Alex Galenchenyuk missed all but 2 games in junior last year. His value didn't as a draft pick. 

I guess if you're going by trade value for Knight it would be the proper thinking. I was thinking more of as value to the Bruins and not other teams. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to asmaha's comment:

Overreacting just a little?

10 game slump and people want to dump Lucic.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Yeah, it really amazes me that people would ditch Lucic for draft picks.  Just brutal.  I still say the reason is that they know how he can dominate, so when he's not doing it, they get disappointed.  When he's going, he changes the whole team.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

In response to asmaha's comment:

Overreacting just a little?

10 game slump and people want to dump Lucic.

I don't want to dump Lucic. Not at all. I'm just saying if the return were two firsts and a second from the average Jets, don't you consider it knowing that there are a ton of UFAs about to get moved as teams scramble to manage the cap next year? It's really not an overreaction...it's just a reality.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Could Lucic be hurting or is he coasting until the playoffs?

Sections
Shortcuts