Chiarelli's Chips

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Re: Chiarelli's Chips

Lucic is the face of the franchise.  He helped them win a Cup.  He's in his 6th season and only 24 years old.  You don't trade him for picks.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

For the right deal anyone can be traded and I don't recall anyone saying they would take picks for him unless the resident Hab troll stopped by.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

At this point any trade would help. The bruins are running 1 second line and 3 Forth lines and none of them are showing any effort. I would start by replacing ward, How can the pp be this bad for so long? 

a trade for some leadership would go a long way. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In response to asmaha's comment:

Roster Players:

Peverley could move, but I don't see any other roster player with a ticket in hand in a deadline type deal.  Horton for a similar player with similar struggles?  If the other team planned to re-sign him?  But that's about it. 

I could see anyone except the Bergeron line, Rask, Chara, Seids and Boychuck getting moved. I'm not convinced PC and Neely can handle "lack of compete" for much longer.

How much does Looch need to stink to get moved by the guy everyone is waiting for him to play like? What a smack that would be.

[/QUOTE]

Boychuck an untouchable?....  sorry but not in my books....                                                

and i hope you just forgot about Dougie....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In response to thefly8's comment:

At this point any trade would help. The bruins are running 1 second line and 3 Forth lines and none of them are showing any effort. I would start by replacing ward, How can the pp be this bad for so long? 

a trade for some leadership would go a long way. 

There were something like 20 Stanley Cup Rings in the line-up for the team today.  No shortage of leadership.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

Subban is an elite prospect - doesn't matter if you don't think so - Chiarelli does.

Trading Lucic would be a really really really bad idea. He's 24 years old and already, League-wide, has a 'type' named after him. How many times you heard; 'they are looking to add a Lucic-type forward'; 'he projects to be a Lucic-type player'; "Zach Kassian is a Lucic-type power forward.' (no he isn't).

Looch will become a 'Lucic-type' player again - know one knows better how, than him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

i have a weird feeling about Jared Knight. I have a feeling he might need a little more time in the AHL than most, but he might turn out to be a really good NHL player. Marchand took 2 years in the AHL, I think Knight might take 2 more seasons of AHL work, but he could come up and be effective as a top 9 forward 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

i have a weird feeling about Jared Knight. I have a feeling he might need a little more time in the AHL than most, but he might turn out to be a really good NHL player. Marchand took 2 years in the AHL, I think Knight might take 2 more seasons of AHL work, but he could come up and be effective as a top 9 forward 

Clowe could be traded by Sunday reports CSNE Bay Area also on Joe Haggerty twitter hope it is not here. But then again I like him better then Pandolfo or Caron.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to stinkman's comment:

Clowe could be traded by Sunday reports CSNE Bay Area also on Joe Haggerty twitter hope it is not here. But then again I like him better then Pandolfo or Caron.

hmm. okay. what does that have to do with jared knight?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to stinkman's comment:

hmm. okay. what does that have to do with jared knight?

Nothing Bfan I just read it because the post said Chiarelli's Chips so I was wondering if Clowe was dealt, what chip PC will give away but no it has nothing to do with Jared Knight u are correct.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Bruins untouchables are Bergeron- Marchand - Seguin thats about it ....Looch for Bobby Ryan   Or Looch for Vanek

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

Bruins untouchables are Bergeron- Marchand - Seguin thats about it ....Looch for Bobby Ryan   Or Looch for Vanek

Yes on Ryan and Yes on Vanek chance of it happening a zero  unless u got PC E mail u won't share Stanley give us a scoop a hint LOL! 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

ya is that what you and PC "e-mail" about?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

If you want to talk realistically, the only real chip they have is Krecji.  While I like him, I think it makes sense that if PC wants to acquire a bonafide goal scorer - and I do mean bonafide, you package Krecji and Ference and/or whatever other Iggy castoffs to get the big name, if there is even one available.

Lucic has 0% chance of being dealt, and that's being conservative.  Horton is damaged goods and won't fech the big name.  Anyone on Bergie's line is untouchable.  So Krecji is really all they have that would be a starting point in discussions to obtain the big gun, again, if there is one available.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

From TSN....

"The Ryan Clowe trade rumours could be coming to an end soon.

According to a CSNCalifornia.com report, the San Jose Sharks have spoken to the pending unrestricted free-agent's representatives about waiving Clowe's no-trade clause, and that a deal could be completed as early as Sunday.

The report states that the Boston Bruins, who missed out on Jarome Iginla, Montreal Canadiens, and New York Rangers are believed to be the front runners for the 30-year-old."

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

One of the main reasons the bruins made it to the finals, then won was Lucic & Horton. They were hard to play against & wore people down. Of course rolling line after after line of pressure didn,t hurt, but those two were the horses. The B,s were rolling, before Kelly went down & i,m thinking even though he hadn,t score that 3rd line contributed to the roll. I,d concertrate on shoring up that 3rd line for a playoff run. Clowe would not be a bad addition to that line with Peverly & Kelly.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

No one to feed Lucic and Horton if you trade Krejci. So if you trade Krejci you had better get another center as well as a goal scorer.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

PC gets Jagr while using none of his top chips.  Bruins should not be done.

Good call to Book for adding MacDermid to the "chip list".

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Neely on Sports Hub with Felger & Mazz said that their 2013 1st rounder is tied up due to the "conditional 2nd" element of the Jagr deal. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

Neely on Sports Hub with Felger & Mazz said that their 2013 1st rounder is tied up due to the "conditional 2nd" element of the Jagr deal. 

unfortunate....at least in the short term.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

PC gets Jagr while using none of his top chips.  Bruins should not be done.

Good call to Book for adding MacDermid to the "chip list".

I sometimes...occasionally...rarely get something right.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

This was my first thought amid all the talk about what the next deal will be.  It won't be for picks unless it's for a guy who can be had for a couple of lower rounders, which won't be that exciting.  Could still be Peverley+ if they want to bring Spooner back, but CJ's last comment on Spooner was that he was "mis-cast" as a 3rd line centre.  So the Bruins will probably need to move picks/prospects for D depth.  Welcome back new-version-of-Greg-Zanon-or-Shane-Hnidy-or-Steve-Montador!

On the other hand, if MA Bergeron went for Adam Hall, maybe Christian Hanson fetches something!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Outside of Seguin and Hamilton, PC is much better with the 2nd round anyways. Let Joe N have at the 1st rounder, he'll probably do better with it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

He hasn't actually produced a player from the second round yet.  If Spooner, Knight or Khokhlachev come around, I'll give it to you, but right now, Hamill's 20 games is the benchmark for any of PC's picks.  Gleek!

Sections
Shortcuts