Chiarelli's last stand?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Re: Chiarelli's last stand?

Again, your sarcasm is terrible.  Sarcasm is meant to be witty.  FAIL

You can't even admit the Bruins, as an organization, have a lot to prove.

The fans in this town are pretty darn loyal and have been taken for a ride for a long, long time.

You're sort of like the guy who hasn't acknowledged he needs to go to AA yet and can't admit he needs help:

Step 1:  Admit the Bruins organization is a complete joke compared to the Pats, Red Sox and Celts in this town and is the unfortunate redheaded stepchild.  (If you had said 15 years ago that the Bruins would surpass the Pats or even the Red Sox in this area, I would have said "no way").

We are only going on two (or even 3) generations of Bruins fans who haven't even seen a Cup here, let alone a Cup Finals appearance (1990).

Keep in mind, other teams in the NHL that are worse than this, remain the Toronto Maple Leafs and no one else. 

Step 2:  Hope the way Chia has built this team is legit and Cup contender-worthy.

I'd be the first fan back here to congratulate Chia, Julien and the players for the accomplishment, but we need to see it first.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

i'm too lazy to do the research and get you a full list of teams, but how are teams like the sabres and blues for example more succesful than the bruins?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Chiarelli's last stand?:
    [QUOTE]Again, your sarcasm is terrible.  Sarcasm is meant to be witty.  FAIL You can't even admit the Bruins, as an organization, have a lot to prove. The fans in this town are pretty darn loyal and have been taken for a ride for a long, long time. You're sort of like the guy who hasn't acknowledged he needs to go to AA yet and can't admit he needs help: Step 1:  Admit the Bruins organization is a complete joke compared to the Pats, Red Sox and Celts in this town and is the unfortunate redheaded stepchild.  (If you had said 15 years ago that the Bruins would surpass the Pats or even the Red Sox in this area, I would have said "no way"). We are only going on two (or even 3) generations of Bruins fans who haven't even seen a Cup here, let alone a Cup Finals appearance (1990). Keep in mind, other teams in the NHL that are worse than this, remain the Toronto Maple Leafs and no one else.  Step 2:  Hope the way Chia has built this team is legit and Cup contender-worthy. I'd be the first fan back here to congratulate Chia, Julien and the players for the accomplishment, but we need to see it first.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]
    Have St.Louis,Washington or the Kings EVER won?That sounds worse than the Bruins to me....You seem to forget that only 1 team can win each year.You ask what "excuse" will be cited if Boston fails to win again.I say no excuse needed.Sometimes another team is simply better.If Van beats Boston in the final series,would that mean Boston would need an excuse or that Van was just better?I understand that 39 years is a long time but it's unfair for you to expect PC to take the fall for the failures of past management teams.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I would argue those markets are nowhere near this market here, though.  Keep in mind, we also don't see the owners or GMs of those teams constantly remind us how much they tried and how good the players are that they brought in.

Also, the demand is much higher here and I recall when Jacobs raised ticket prices 5 years back simply because the owner of the Kings did it. Nice.

At least the Kings went to a Cup in '93.

If you asked NotSoBad, he's totally satisfied with Bruins management.

Every year this team does not win a Cup, the more time that goes by where people can make excuses. This isn't Washington, LA or even Buffalo.

This is an Original Six team.  Chicago just won it. Their fans have them off the hook. 

It's now Toronto, Boston and Philly for hockey markets with squat for 30-40 years.

The support here is quite high considering how poorly the fans have been treated here by the Jacobs Family for 30 years.

Overall, I don't disagree saying it's unfair to compare.  You're right there. But, that doesn't mean they should be satisfied with not winning it all either.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I would argue those markets are nowhere near this market here, though.  Keep in mind, we also don't see the owners or GMs of those teams constantly remind us how much they tried and how good the players are that they brought in. Also, the demand is much higher here and I recall when Jacobs raised ticket prices 5 years back simply because the owner of the Kings did it. Nice. At least the Kings went to a Cup in '93. If you asked NotSoBad, he's totally satisfied with Bruins management. Every year this team does not win a Cup, the more time that goes by where people can make excuses. This isn't Washington, LA or even Buffalo. The support here is quite high considering how poorly the fans have been treated here by the Jacobs Family for 30 years.
    I get that you don't like the Jacobs family for perceived,past wrong-doings but,in the new cap era,they allow PC to spend every cent that the rules allow.What more should I expect from an owner?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Good God BBR, people are going to get tired of going round and round with you, without you ever evolving your very simple argument.

I think pbergeron and Sandog are right -- you're probably a Sox or Pats fan that is bored and is trying to talk hockey, but you're falling way behind here, despite spamming the board with constant, long, repetitive posts.  I think you're pretty new to hockey and the Bruins, and it is showing.

Try writing a lot less posts, reading other people's responses, and putting together a more reasonable argument than the tired old bitterness about Sinden and Jacobs and 39 years.  Those guys have practically nothing to do with this team, this year.

That weak cheese doen't fly here, you've got to do better if you're going to post this much.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

BB...do you actually wish the bruins to lose?  it seems like you'd be happier to see the b's lose and say i told you so... what kind of "fan" is that? personally,i hope the bruins win a cup, just to spite you!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]Good God BBR, people are going to get tired of going round and round with you, without you ever evolving your very simple argument. I think pbergeron and Sandog are right -- you're probably a Sox or Pats fan that is bored and is trying to talk hockey, but you're falling way behind here, despite spamming the board with constant, long, repetitive posts.  I think you're pretty new to hockey and the Bruins, and it is showing. Try writing a lot less posts, reading other people's responses, and putting together a more reasonable argument than the tired old bitterness about Sinden and Jacobs and 39 years.  Those guys have practically nothing to do with this team, this year. That weak cheese doen't fly here, you've got to do better if you're going to post this much.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

No offense, but I have probabaly attended more live Bruins games than yourself.

I don't know that for a fact by any stretch, but to pretend I don't have nary a clue about what I am talking about is laughable, too.

I was at many, many classic Bruins games in the past and I got sick and tired of the mirage that Jacobs produced and I am honest about it.

If you can't take that opinion, YOU haven't been following this team for the last 30 years.

Even fans from other teams are aware of the Bruins past.

My argument is far from simple.  The cap era in the NBA, NHL and NFL means you need an owner that will pay for a GM that knows what he is doing.

Some of you are totally sold on Chiarelli and Julien.  I am not.

It's too bad you can't handle that.  Good god is right.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chiarelli's last stand? : No offense, but I have probabaly attended more live Bruins games than yourself. I don't know that for a fact by any stretch, but to pretend I don't have nary a clue about what I am talking about is laughable, too. I was at many, many classic Bruins games in the past and I got sick and tired of the mirage that Jacobs produced and I am honest about it. If you can't take that opinion, YOU haven't been following this team for the last 30 years. Even fans from other teams are aware of the Bruins past. My argument is far from simple.  The cap era in the NBA, NHL and NFL means you need an owner that will pay for a GM that knows what he is doing. Some of you are totally sold on Chiarelli and Julien.  I am not. It's too bad you can't handle that.  Good god is right.
    Who,instead of PC,should Jacobs have hired and why?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Would the GM have to be available at that time like Shero was or could he have been lured away from another team by paying more his services?

You're sort of walking into my point.  Chiarelli spent 2 years as an assistant. 

He had no track record other than tagging alongside John Muckler.

Again, I am not saying he was a bad choice, but the jury is clearly still out on Chia.  This is obviously where we differ.

We have been hearing this team is legit for the last 3 years, and sporadically throught other tenures for the last 30 years here.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chiarelli's last stand? : No offense, but I have probabaly attended more live Bruins games than yourself. I don't know that for a fact by any stretch, but to pretend I don't have nary a clue about what I am talking about is laughable, too. I was at many, many classic Bruins games in the past and I got sick and tired of the mirage that Jacobs produced and I am honest about it. If you can't take that opinion, YOU haven't been following this team for the last 30 years. Even fans from other teams are aware of the Bruins past. My argument is far from simple.  The cap era in the NBA, NHL and NFL means you need an owner that will pay for a GM that knows what he is doing. Some of you are totally sold on Chiarelli and Julien.  I am not. It's too bad you can't handle that.  Good god is right.

You tell 'em BB.

Slow down from the spamming for a minute and read through the responses you are getting here from other posters.

Does it seem more like people are being convinced of your expert opinion (based on all those live games you've been to)?  Or does it seem more like you're not making any sense and annoying other posters with the repeatedly simplistic and uninformed opinions on all of the cliches of the Bruins past?

Take a minute before you answer and try to do it in one paragraph instead of 15.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]Would the GM have to be available at that time like Shero was or could he have been lured away from another team by paying more his services? You're sort of walking into my point.  Chiarelli spent 2 years as an assistant.  He had no track record other than tagging alongside John Muckler. Again, I am not saying he was a bad choice, but the jury is clearly still out on Chia.  This is obviously where we differ. We have been hearing this team is legit for the last 3 years, and sporadically throught other tenures for the last 30 years here.

Of course the jury is still out on Chiarelli, on some level.  But after 3 full years, you should be able to have an opinion about whether he has been good or bad.  You refuse to do that, but instead talk vaguely about how Jacobs should have hired someone else, or Chiarelli wasn't qualified, and the Bruins haven't won in 30 years.

It doesn't make any sense.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Would the GM have to be available at that time like Shero was or could he have been lured away from another team by paying more his services? You're sort of walking into my point.  Chiarelli spent 2 years as an assistant.  He had no track record other than tagging alongside John Muckler. Again, I am not saying he was a bad choice, but the jury is clearly still out on Chia.  This is obviously where we differ. We have been hearing this team is legit for the last 3 years, and sporadically throught other tenures for the last 30 years here.
    My recollection is that 3 years ago,Boston wasn't supposed to make the playoffs  but instead,shocked everyone with their drastic turnaround.I will admit though,my memory isn't what it used to be.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Time to bring up the stats once again.  

In the 37 years after the last Boston Bruins Cup, four teams have won the Cup 20 times all together (Montreal 7, NYI 4, Edmonton 5, and Detriot 4).  If you add two more (Pittsburgh 3 and NJD 3) then the total is 26. With the addition two more teams (Colordo 2 and Philly 2) then the Cup has been won by a total of 30 times by 9 teams.   The Boston Bruins have been in the Stanley Cup finals 5 times in those years.  Given the fact most of those times the league consisted of less than 30 teams, the Boston Bruins did not do poorly until the 1990s.  BBR you are correct in saying Jacobs did not spend in the 90s, no one will argue with you here.  Yet, since the lock out Jacobs has been spending to the cap. That is fact.  Then if you consider no one team has has had consecutive Stanley Cup victories (5 different teams) since 2005 then the Bs management has been due diligent in building the team in those years for a Cup victory.  With PC recent trades he is not in danger of losing his job nor is he selling off the future to win now.  Smart.     

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

At least I know what a paragraph is.

When you converse with someone off this board, do you just rattle off a few words or do you use sentences and breaks in between each topic with a paragraph?

Quite frankly, I could care less who agrees with me or not. It's my opinion.

There is nothing cliched about the importance of the GM in the cap era. Nothing.

What Theo Epstein does with an easier playing field, Danny Ainge having success or someone like Belichick who understands value and hot allocate funding correctly, drafting, etc, Chiarelli hasn't proven this yet in this town.

In other words, we haven't seen the results. According to fans like you, it's a can't miss recipe, right?

There, 6 paragraphs, 7 if you count this sentence.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chiarelli's last stand? : My recollection is that 3 years ago,Boston wasn't supposed to make the playoffs  but instead,shocked everyone with their drastic turnaround.I will admit though,my memory isn't what it used to be.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

True. And you know who was the main reason for that? Tim Thomas.

Besides, sadly enough, most of that talent was O'Connell talent.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chiarelli's last stand? : Of course the jury is still out on Chiarelli, on some level.  But after 3 full years, you should be able to have an opinion about whether he has been good or bad.  You refuse to do that, but instead talk vaguely about how Jacobs should have hired someone else, or Chiarelli wasn't qualified, and the Bruins haven't won in 30 years. It doesn't make any sense.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

Not true. I said he's been better than O'Connell. 

I think his drafts are very spotty, if not questionable. It's a good thing he fleeced Burke on the Kessel botch, because just a year later he was telling us how great his draft pick was.

Someone posted a thread here recently showing the return he got on trades and I agree he has done well there. Very well.

But, you can't do it in just on area. It all has to be good (drafts, trades and allocation of funds).

He's good at one of these things, in my opinion. I am not enamored with Ryder, Ference or the return on Horton so far.

I feel he's overpaid or overrated these players, which then causes him to scramble around every year trying to patch the holes.

Part of the issue is how bad it was. O'Connell was so bad out of the Lock Out, anything better than that seems great.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chiarelli's last stand? : My recollection is that 3 years ago,Boston wasn't supposed to make the playoffs  but instead,shocked everyone with their drastic turnaround.I will admit though,my memory isn't what it used to be.

Don't confuse him with facts -- he's been watching them for 30 years and they haven't won.  Therefore Chiarelli was the wrong guy to hire.

Simple minds like simple reasoning.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chiarelli's last stand? : True. And you know who was the main reason for that? Tim Thomas. Besides, sadly enough, most of that talent was O'Connell talent.
    I disagree regarding TT but am tired of this debate.See you on another thread.Peace!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

No. I want them to invest in what matters, which is the GM and coach.

Not a shock all the teams the guy above listed had GREAT GMs and coaches.

Ken Holland, Lamiorello, etc.  Do the math.  These guys were good at building SC contenders or winners because they get it.

We'll see if PC's approach yields similar results.  I see teams that are good, but as usual, not really good enough.

You keep calling me simple and I can reel off as much history on this team before you have a chance to blink.

I laugh at people who try to throw an insult in one direction yet apparently can't grasp what is actually a very good point or points.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chiarelli's last stand? : I disagree regarding TT but am tired of this debate.See you on another thread.Peace!

Ok, who overachieved that year to help get the team into the playoffs? 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chiarelli's last stand? : Not true. I said he's been better than O'Connell.  I think his drafts are very spotty, if not questionable. It's a good thing he fleeced Burke on the Kessel botch, because just a year later he was telling us how great his draft pick was. Someone posted a thread here recently showing the return he got on trades and I agree he has done well there. Very well. But, you can't do it in just on area. It all has to be good (drafts, trades and allocation of funds). He's good at one of these things, in my opinion. I am not enamored with Ryder, Ference or the return on Horton so far. I feel he's overpaid or overrated these players, which then causes him to scramble around every year trying to patch the holes. Part of the issue is how bad it was. O'Connell was so bad out of the Lock Out, anything better than that seems great.
    You expected a much greater return(Horton/Campbell) for Wideman and the 19th pick?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chiarelli's last stand? : Ok, who overachieved that year to help get the team into the playoffs? 
    They were in 1st place.It's not like they squeaked in.TT,if anything,let them down in round 2. I still think he's terriffic though.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

BB, it's a shame that nobody agrees with you here, but what's more, nobody has the time or patience to go back and forth with you over the same simple stuff.

We've both said our piece and this has gone on way longer than it should have. 
    See ya.  Go B's.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chiarelli's last stand? : They were in 1st place.It's not like they squeaked in.TT,if anything,let them down in round 2. I still think he's terriffic though.

No, no. I am talking about the year before when they backed into the 8th spot and showed promise for the 2008/2009 season when they eventually ran roughshod, again, mostly because of Thomas's Vezina play.