Chiarelli's Shotgun Fully Loaded

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

Chiarelli's Shotgun Fully Loaded

As most of you know, I've been a proponent of a pre-deadline deal by PC that will shift the Stanley Cup waters, probably, in favour of the Bruins.

PC had the chips before and now has more chips to cash in, whenever he feels like it. He can deal to affect other team's deals and to prevent teams from dealing. PC is the Master at the Table this deadline.

PC can add the missing piece and or insurance piece for a very Happy New Year.

HAPPY NEW YEAR - Fellow Posters

2014 will be a very good year for us all!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Chiarelli's Shotgun Fully Loaded

I definitely think something is in the works because PC is unsure of how effective Eriksson can be after he comes back or wanting to avoid what the Bs had in 2012 with Horton. Either way it would be a safe bet to have some help just in case.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Marchand has been on fire recently, so I'd say our Top 6 is fine. Who's jobs are in jeopardy?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

only thing i can see him doing is upgrading a d man. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

one veteran defenseman, and would love a sniper, but I suppose that is unlikely

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Today's team that won't change (barring miraculous return of Eriksson):

Lucic-Krejci-Iginla

Marchand-Bergeron-Smith

Possible-Possible-Possible

Paille-Campbell-Possible

Those four possible spots could receive an upgrade if the deal was there.  See ya Subban!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Trader Jack says...

Ryan! Ryan! Ryan!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Take your pick of 90% of the Ranger lineup if you see anything tempting. The NY media is going wild and Vigneault is talking major overhaul. Wants more offensive minded (a la Nucks) roster. Wouldn't mind Callahan even with the bum knee. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

"...Possible-Possible-Possible

Paille-Campbell-Possible

Those four possible spots could receive an upgrade if the deal was there.  See ya Subban!" - 'Not-A-Shot'

I realize that this is a comment designed more to make waves than sense.

Bruins would be upgrading to what, exactly? Where you want to see them? What aren't they doing that you'd like to see them doing?

The Bruins are first in their division and will be first in the Conference after tonight. They have been in the thick of the race from the get-go and most nights are missing 3 to 6 regulars. Their depth is atounding and reassuring.

Kelly's not going anywhere; Julien LOVES him, Spooner's not going anywhere - he's playing great and he's dirt cheap. Fraser? Soderberg? Caron? Thornton? Miller? Johnson? Ok, but what do these guys fetch you? Other than more guys just like these guys?

You would really trade Malcolm Subban to upgrade your 3rd line?! Your 4th line?! Why?

I could see an upgrade at the trade deadline - some kinda rental, if necessary, that wouldn't have to include Malcolm Subban - why now? (besides, right now, Malcolm Subban is of no use to anyone looking for an NHL-ready goalie)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

boychuk, morrow, 1st for yandle. replace seidenberg kinda

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to gord11's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"...Possible-Possible-Possible

Paille-Campbell-Possible

Those four possible spots could receive an upgrade if the deal was there.  See ya Subban!" - 'Not-A-Shot'

I realize that this is a comment designed more to make waves than sense.

Bruins would be upgrading to what, exactly? Where you want to see them? What aren't they doing that you'd like to see them doing?

The Bruins are first in their division and will be first in the Conference after tonight. They have been in the thick of the race from the get-go and most nights are missing 3 to 6 regulars. Their depth is atounding and reassuring.

Kelly's not going anywhere; Julien LOVES him, Spooner's not going anywhere - he's playing great and he's dirt cheap. Fraser? Soderberg? Caron? Thornton? Miller? Johnson? Ok, but what do these guys fetch you? Other than more guys just like these guys?

You would really trade Malcolm Subban to upgrade your 3rd line?! Your 4th line?! Why?

I could see an upgrade at the trade deadline - some kinda rental, if necessary, that wouldn't have to include Malcolm Subban - why now? (besides, right now, Malcolm Subban is of no use to anyone looking for an NHL-ready goalie)

[/QUOTE]

The B's could upgrade any of the third line players with the moveable assets they have.

That should answer 99% of all of your questions.  The other 1%, well, life goes on.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:
    [QUOTE]

boychuk, morrow, 1st for yandle. replace seidenberg kinda

[/QUOTE]

I'd say that's a downgrade to our team defence both short-term and long-term, not an upgrade.

By trading Boychuk and Morrow, you'd be opening Boychuk's slot to be filled by either Miller or Warsofsky, both of whom I think are a downgrade from Boychuk. You'd also be moving our defensive prospect with the most upside in Morrow. Also with an addition of 2 million to the cap by taking on Yandle for two more years, you'd further restrict our ability to sign our other young players.

And finally, why exactly do you think the Yotes want to trade Yandle?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Injuries play a big role in the trade market, now that seids is done for the year and who knows whats gonna happen with Erikkson, that does spell a need for both upfront and the backend. I think Miller is quite capable of filling in, anyone else from providence ? No

Upfront you can look at a few teams that arent gonna make the playoffs , just an example, buffalo, i can see them dealing away miller in which is a sign to rebuild so moulson might also be available, Then theres calgary , in a rebuild might let  Hudler go for the right pick and prospect. Rest assure, as much as we all think this team has depth, its already being used up so PC will look beyond anything left in providence. Alot of the callups are also being show cased for the future.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Trader Jack says...

Ryan! Ryan! Ryan!

Yandle! Yandle! Yandle!

Going to disagree with some of your comments and agree some other comments on Yandle, Red.

Yandle would not be a downgrade to the Bruins overall team defense. Seidenberg didn't exactly have the best SCF last season. Yandle is just as tough and a better skater than Seidenberg. Offensive upside is without question.

Would also have to question Morrow being the Bruins best defenseman prospect. He's not getting called up for a reason. His toughness and one on one battles have been called into question by Coach Cassidy down in Providence more than once. Hence no call-ups.

Chara-Hamilton Krug-McQuaid Yandle-Bartkowski or Miller would be damn good Dcore in my book.

Agree 100% on one point, this is all moot! Maloney would politely decline.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

"The B's could upgrade any of the third line players with the moveable assets they have.

That should answer 99% of all of your questions.  The other 1%, well, life goes on." - 'Not-A-Shot'

Perhaps I'm dense, but it seems like you've actually answered none of my questions. You've only restated your premise.

Upgrade your 3rd Line to what? Why?

You said. 'See ya Subban'. For what? Why? to upgrade the 3rd Line? Shouldn't you be addressing needs with trades?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

I see Chiarelli addressing the loss of Seidenberg. That might become a need.

A veteran defenceman.

'See ya Subban'?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

A veteran defenceman.

'See ya Subban'?

I say see ya Svenberg! He's the one that got called up to show case for tonite. Somebody wants a look at him before they make a deal. I think PC already has a trade in the works. Subban isn't going anywhere! 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

Sorry, sarcasm. I'm with you Subban is not going anywhere.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattc355. Show mattc355's posts

_

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

A veteran defenceman.

'See ya Subban'?

[/QUOTE]

I say see ya Svenberg! He's the one that got called up to show case for tonite. Somebody wants a look at him before they make a deal. I think PC already has a trade in the works. Subban isn't going anywhere! 

[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I'm not buying the reason he was called up is because he was promised in training camp he would if he played well. Chad Johnson, though kind of shaky in his last start had played very well up to that.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I'm not buying the reason he was called up is because he was promised in training camp he would if he played well. Chad Johnson, though kind of shaky in his last start had played very well up to that.

[/QUOTE]

But I think the timing of this is strange Kel. Making Johnson a healthy scratch & not sending him down to play when Provindence is playing is another strange thing. If they were going to reward him I think it would be closer to the Oylmpic break. I dunno maybe I'm reading more into this, but I think someone out there wants to take a look at Svenberg. Burke maybe? Camilleri to play on the left side with Spooner? 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]

Sorry, sarcasm. I'm with you Subban is not going anywhere.

[/QUOTE]

He could be moved but I agree with you that it's unlikely he's dealt just for the sake of improving the 3rd line.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

But I think the timing of this is strange Kel. Making Johnson a healthy scratch & not sending him down to play when Provindence is playing is another strange thing. If they were going to reward him I think it would be closer to the Oylmpic break. I dunno maybe I'm reading more into this, but I think someone out there wants to take a look at Svenberg. Burke maybe? Camilleri to play on the left side with Spooner? 

[/QUOTE]

Nite, Johnson would have to clear waivers to be sent down so I assume that's why he's scratched instead. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Wait, why is Subban not going anywhere?

I was all for drafting him but he hasn't been all that great since the draft, Rask has been re-signed for almost a decade, and Svedberg looks like a capable player. Most importantly, Subban cannot help this team during the current Cup window -- that, combined with his first round pedigree, makes him the ideal trading chip in my opinion.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Nite, Johnson would have to clear waivers to be sent down so I assume that's why he's scratched instead. 

[/QUOTE]

According to capgeek he's on a 2way. $600,000 regardless of where he plays.