Chiarelli's Shotgun Fully Loaded

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Re: Chiarelli's Shotgun Fully Loaded

In response to dc-bruins-fan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Wait, why is Subban not going anywhere?

I was all for drafting him but he hasn't been all that great since the draft, Rask has been re-signed for almost a decade, and Svedberg looks like a capable player. Most importantly, Subban cannot help this team during the current Cup window -- that, combined with his first round pedigree, makes him the ideal trading chip in my opinion.

[/QUOTE]

The B's didn't draft Subban to trade him! They drafted him to have depth in the position in case something were to happen to Rask. They have a goalie that has groin issues. It's not a good injury to get anytime, but for a goalie it's a nitemare.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Wait, why is Subban not going anywhere?

I was all for drafting him but he hasn't been all that great since the draft, Rask has been re-signed for almost a decade, and Svedberg looks like a capable player. Most importantly, Subban cannot help this team during the current Cup window -- that, combined with his first round pedigree, makes him the ideal trading chip in my opinion.

[/QUOTE]

The B's didn't draft Subban to trade him! They drafted him to have depth in the position in case something were to happen to Rask. They have a goalie that has groin issues. It's not a good injury to get anytime, but for a goalie it's a nitemare.

[/QUOTE]

I get that he was drafted to be developed (I argued this when he was drafted) but the window to win a cup needs to be considered as does the fact that Rask is locked up long term. By the time Subban becomes relevant at the NHL level, the Bruins likely won't be the contender they are now. There are very few other individual players that can be moved without impacting the current squad while also bringing in something of value.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Mr Chiarelli I know you'll have your hands full over the next few weeks ...please do not hesitate  to email me at : BostonBruinsbobbyorr@yahoo.com

I am ready to step in and give you all the help and all support you will need

best regards

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to red75's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:
    [QUOTE]

boychuk, morrow, 1st for yandle. replace seidenberg kinda

[/QUOTE]

I'd say that's a downgrade to our team defence both short-term and long-term, not an upgrade.

By trading Boychuk and Morrow, you'd be opening Boychuk's slot to be filled by either Miller or Warsofsky, both of whom I think are a downgrade from Boychuk. You'd also be moving our defensive prospect with the most upside in Morrow. Also with an addition of 2 million to the cap by taking on Yandle for two more years, you'd further restrict our ability to sign our other young players.

And finally, why exactly do you think the Yotes want to trade Yandle?

[/QUOTE]

Well here's my thinking. Right now it looks like the bruins would enter the playoffs with the following 7 d men. 

chara, hamilton, krug, boychuk, bart, mcquaid, miller. 

sub out boychuk and add in yandle and the d is immensely improved in my opinion. Here's where my opinion differs from most, in the above list of 7 d men. I think Boychuk is the 5th best, and mcquaid, my number 6, isn't far behind him. 

The year after (and it works with the cap, I checked):

Chara - Hamilton

Seidenberg - Yandle 

Krug - Bartkowski - McQuaid.

That's the best d core in the NHL. By a mile. 

I'm totally okay with trading Morrow. The bruins have bart, Krug, and Hamilton who are all very young and way ahead of Morrow. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

Chara - Hamilton

Seidenberg - Yandle 

[/QUOTE]

LA's defense is pretty damn good.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

boychuk, morrow, 1st for yandle. replace seidenberg kinda

[/QUOTE]

Phoneix gets:  Average second pairing defenseman, possible NHL defenseman, late first round pick

Boston gets:  27 year old first pair guy who plays 24 minutes per and has 24 points in 38 games. 

That doesn't seem likely.

Also, Yandle's $5.25M for this year and two more is very inexpensive.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chiarelli64. Show Chiarelli64's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Mr Chiarelli I know you'll have your hands full over the next few weeks ...please do not hesitate  to email me at : BostonBruinsbobbyorr@yahoo.com

I am ready to step in and give you all the help and all support you will need

best regards

[/QUOTE]

Probably not going to happen.

Of all of the people I've reached out to here, you've been a very disrespectful young man.  Please stop calling my office.

We'll be exploring all options to improve the team, but are once again grateful for our depth in Providence.

Happy New Year everyone!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I'd love to see some clearing of the log jam at LW. I know it's a silly little thing, but the team could really benefit from some right-hand shots bearing down the wing. Any of left-hand shooters Soderberg, Campbell, Caron, Kelly, Paille could be shipped for a more natural fit on the RW. Lineup below looks good to me. Allow Eriksson to play his more natural LW and be the "Bergeron" to Spooner's speed and creativity. Kelly & Paille's 4th line minutes get bolstered with them being the #1 PK forwards. I like Soderberg and Campbell, but you got to give in order to receive. Wonder what natural RWs are out there in the $3-4mil range worth a look on the 3rd line?

Also...is it time to give Iginla another 1-2 years?

Lucic-Krejci-Iginla

Marchand-Bergeron-Smith

Eriksson-Spooner-Soderberg

Paille-Kelly-Campbell

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to gord11's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"...Possible-Possible-Possible

Paille-Campbell-Possible

Those four possible spots could receive an upgrade if the deal was there.  See ya Subban!" - 'Not-A-Shot'

I realize that this is a comment designed more to make waves than sense.

Bruins would be upgrading to what, exactly? Where you want to see them? What aren't they doing that you'd like to see them doing?

The Bruins are first in their division and will be first in the Conference after tonight. They have been in the thick of the race from the get-go and most nights are missing 3 to 6 regulars. Their depth is atounding and reassuring.

Kelly's not going anywhere; Julien LOVES him, Spooner's not going anywhere - he's playing great and he's dirt cheap. Fraser? Soderberg? Caron? Thornton? Miller? Johnson? Ok, but what do these guys fetch you? Other than more guys just like these guys?

You would really trade Malcolm Subban to upgrade your 3rd line?! Your 4th line?! Why?

I could see an upgrade at the trade deadline - some kinda rental, if necessary, that wouldn't have to include Malcolm Subban - why now? (besides, right now, Malcolm Subban is of no use to anyone looking for an NHL-ready goalie)

[/QUOTE]

Ya think  ^^^^^^^^ ?

P.S. Outstanding post.................obviously designed to make sense more then make waves.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]

I was all for drafting him but he hasn't been all that great since the draft, 

[/QUOTE]

Really ? Must of been a different Subban performing as one of the top goalies in junior last year.

This year is his first year as a pro. Were you expecting him to rip up the AHL ? If so .........better take a look at how long it took Rask to develop.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

believe it or not NAS, players actually get traded for futures every once and a while. You consistently have under valued picks, and prospects. Mike Richards, a 25 or 26 year old 1st line center captain was traded for a young third liner, a possible someday NHL forward, and a 2nd round pick. Jeff Carter was traded for a third line forward, a 1st, and a 3rd, and then a few months later again for a 2nd pairing d man and a first round pick. Get over it. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Chara - Hamilton

Seidenberg - Yandle 

[/QUOTE]

LA's defense is pretty damn good.

[/QUOTE]

that d grouping could take an injury to anyone but chara and still be better. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

believe it or not NAS, players actually get traded for futures every once and a while. You consistently have under valued picks, and prospects. Mike Richards, a 25 or 26 year old 1st line center captain was traded for a young third liner, a possible someday NHL forward, and a 2nd round pick. Jeff Carter was traded for a third line forward, a 1st, and a 3rd, and then a few months later again for a 2nd pairing d man and a first round pick. Get over it. 

[/QUOTE]

Richards was traded for a highly regarded prospect that was taken 5th overall two years before, an up and coming power forward and a 2nd round pick.

Carter was traded for the #8 pick overall, a decent winger who went 7th overall and had shown the ability to score at the NHL level and a third round pick.

Also keep in mind the circumstances of those deals.  Richards and Carter were sent packing due to strife with the team and had miserable contracts.

Your deal has Phoenix getting an average second pairing defenseman, possible NHL defenseman, and a late first round pick for a very good 2nd or 3rd defenseman with a very team friendly contract that has no issues whatsoever with the team.

How are they similar?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I was all for drafting him but he hasn't been all that great since the draft, 

[/QUOTE]

Really ? Must of been a different Subban performing as one of the top goalies in junior last year.

This year is his first year as a pro. Were you expecting him to rip up the AHL ? If so .........better take a look at how long it took Rask to develop.

[/QUOTE]

Being a top goalie in the OHL is a clear indication that the player will be a quality NHLer.

Just as the top guys from 2008:

Mike Murphy

Kyle Gajewski

Josh Unice

Or maybe 2007:

Michael Neuvrith

Thomas McCollum

John Murray

2006 you say?

Dan Turple

Dan LaCosta

Ryan MacDonald

Yep, those top OHL guys really are making a difference in the NHL today.  Can't wait to see what Subban does.  I hope he follows in the footprints of the rest of these great players.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

they are high end NHL talent being traded for lesser talent able to contribute immediately, along with future prospects/picks. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to dezaruchi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I say see ya Svenberg! He's the one that got called up to show case for tonite. Somebody wants a look at him before they make a deal. I think PC already has a trade in the works. Subban isn't going anywhere! 

[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I'm not buying the reason he was called up is because he was promised in training camp he would if he played well. Chad Johnson, though kind of shaky in his last start had played very well up to that.

[/QUOTE]

But I think the timing of this is strange Kel. Making Johnson a healthy scratch & not sending him down to play when Provindence is playing is another strange thing. If they were going to reward him I think it would be closer to the Oylmpic break. I dunno maybe I'm reading more into this, but I think someone out there wants to take a look at Svenberg. Burke maybe? Camilleri to play on the left side with Spooner? 

[/QUOTE]

Nite, Johnson would have to clear waivers to be sent down so I assume that's why he's scratched instead. 

[/QUOTE]

According to capgeek he's on a 2way. $600,000 regardless of where he plays.

[/QUOTE]

Isn't that what a one way contract is though? 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

they are high end NHL talent being traded for lesser talent able to contribute immediately, along with future prospects/picks. 

[/QUOTE]

Boychuk, Morrow and a Bruins first round pick are very different than those packages no matter how you spin it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Boychuk, Morrow and a Bruins first round pick are very different than those packages no matter how you spin it.

[/QUOTE]

and yandle doesn't have the value that richards and carter had (richards more so than carter) no matter how you spin it. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

and yandle doesn't have the value that richards and carter had (richards more so than carter) no matter how you spin it. 

[/QUOTE]

How much value does a defenseman who plays 24 minutes a game and can rack up the points have?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]

Being a top goalie in the OHL is a clear indication that the player will be a quality NHLer.

Mike Murphy

Kyle Gajewski

Josh Unice

Or maybe 2007:

Michael Neuvrith

Thomas McCollum

John Murray

2006 you say?

Dan Turple

Dan LaCosta

Ryan MacDonald

Yep, those top OHL guys really are making a difference in the NHL today.  Can't wait to see what Subban does.  I hope he follows in the footprints of the rest of these great players.

[/QUOTE]

It doesn't matter what other ohl did - or didn't do.  

I like what I've seen in Subban.  He's much better now than at the beginning of the season, he's moving better, he looks better, he's adjusting.

I'll say this for a lot of guys in Providence, I'd like to have a number of them show their potential before they get traded so the Bruins can get fair value for them.

Who knows who and when one of the Providence guys will make it, but out of all of them I will bet one will become an NHL regular.   Or let's put it this way, from the roster I saw down there a few years ago, the team they have now is significantly better.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

How much value does a defenseman who plays 24 minutes a game and can rack up the points have?

[/QUOTE]

how much value does an elite two way center have? don't be a smartass. just make your point. Say that you think Yandle has more value. Then I could have skipped those sentences and just said that you're wrong. At the time, Richards was basically a more offensively gifted version of bergeron. He had had two years of point per game +, and then two years in the mid 60s for points, all while playing an elite two way game as a captain. Don't try to bend facts to aid your argument. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Mike Murphy

Kyle Gajewski

Josh Unice

Or maybe 2007:

Michael Neuvrith

Thomas McCollum

John Murray

2006 you say?

Dan Turple

Dan LaCosta

Ryan MacDonald

[/QUOTE]

It doesn't matter what other ohl did - or didn't do.  

I like what I've seen in Subban.  He's much better now than at the beginning of the season, he's moving better, he looks better, he's adjusting.

I'll say this for a lot of guys in Providence, I'd like to have a number of them show their potential before they get traded so the Bruins can get fair value for them.

Who knows who and when one of the Providence guys will make it, but out of all of them I will bet one will become an NHL regular.   Or let's put it this way, from the roster I saw down there a few years ago, the team they have now is significantly better.

[/QUOTE]

and on Subban everyone in the hockey world agrees with you. But hey maybe NAS is right

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]

and on Subban everyone in the hockey world agrees with you. But hey maybe NAS is right

[/QUOTE]

And the key word is maybe.  We're not talking a first round pick like Zach Hamill here where his year in juniors after he was drafted he was getting outscored by an under ager (Kyle Beach) until Beach got hurt.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

how much value does an elite two way center have? don't be a smartass. just make your point. Say that you think Yandle has more value. Then I could have skipped those sentences and just said that you're wrong. At the time, Richards was basically a more offensively gifted version of bergeron. He had had two years of point per game +, and then two years in the mid 60s for points, all while playing an elite two way game as a captain. Don't try to bend facts to aid your argument. 

[/QUOTE]

There were other circumstances surrounding the Richards deal, such as a personality conflict with the team and his (at the time) extreme contract.  It wasn't just a random swap of even for even.

Did you see that Dion Phaneuf just got a $49M contract?  How much is a #1 defenseman like Yandle worth?

You don't get him for a late first round pick, an average second pairing dman and a minor leaguer who may or may not be an NHLer some day. 

Why would Phoenix make this deal?  Why would they want Boychuk, Morrow and the a pick closer to 30 than 15 instead of Yandle?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

So the question, is a NHL two-way #2 center worth more than a #1 defensenan of Yandles caliber ? If that is the correct then my answer NO. A defenseman of Yandles talent is worth a lot more. 

It would take an extreme bounty to pry Yandle away from Maloney.

Sections
Shortcuts