Chiarelli's Track Record

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

Re: Chiarelli's Track Record

In Response to Re: Chiarelli's Track Record:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chiarelli's Track Record : A King who doesn't care about his subjects: you need to be dethroned.
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]

i don't think it's coincidence that his previous screen name contained the word "reigns". now he's the "king"? thinks a bit too much of himself, imo. LOL

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

there is no such thing as coincidence, btw...who didn't get the joke? notice the LOL at the end of the post? lighten up francis, i seemed to have struck a nerve, as you couldn't help but call names....again. you po opy head

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

bobbyorralumni. i think that thread got way more traffic, made just as much sense, and was actually factually accurate, which this thread is not. a lot of the trades/drafts PC had nothing to do with

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

[QUOTE]Rask for Raycroft was done before PC arrived by Jeff Gorton. Kudos to Peter, whose father is from Calabria. So, Peter is Calabrese, and he mambos like crazy!
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]

Chiarelli arrived in May of 2006. Raycroft was traded in June. Who knows what was happening behind the scenes and if the deal had already been worked out, but it is credited officially under PC's stint.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bleedinblackandgold. Show Bleedinblackandgold's posts

PC said when he came in that he wanted to make the Bruins a serious contender and a champion. He said it would take time, but his goal was to improve over the course of a few years.  I'd be inclined to say that he has pretty much kept his word.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

[QUOTE]Siedenberg was widely viewed by most of the NHL media as a journeyman and was given too much money but his trade and then resigning was worth it he's probably underpaid at this point Thank you Dale Tallon for throwing in Matt Bartkowski as well! Stanley Cup finalist with a top ten pick this upcoming draft, a very high 2nd rounder via Kobasew as well and only one free agent to resign which is an RFA Marchand. PC can walk away from the other 3 UFAs if he wants to and not hurt the team as they are set up perfectly for a long time as Book has said "a Cool Cap Management".
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

There was a lot of talk pre season of Chiarelli putting the team in "cap jail" but it really was temporary.  Maybe a bit fortunate in that injuries freed up some cash but I'm sure he knew he just had to get through this year and he would have a solid core locked up and plenty of money to tinker in the future.  Good job by PC.   

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Yep Scooter their was a little luck trying to ride out Ryder and Sturm's contracts unfortunately for Savard paid the price to help PC.

You are correct Wheat it was Sexton I thought Tallon had already taken over.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chiarelli's Track Record : Chiarelli arrived in May of 2006. Raycroft was traded in June. Who knows what was happening behind the scenes and if the deal had already been worked out, but it is credited officially under PC's stint.
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]
    Agreed asmaha. I'm pretty sure PC had a hand in all of the decisions made at the draft regardless of whether he was officially allowed to or not.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

PCs best move is yet to come-- when he admits he goofed on the Kaberle trade and lets him go-- no attempt to re-sign.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Chiarelli's track record is excellent.  I'm fine with the Kaberle deal, his pre-Bruins performance was excellent, PC gave up stuff he could afford to, and I don't know if the Bruins would be where they are without him or at least another good defenseman to round out the 6.  It's easy to forget the margain of beating the Habs was slim, and Kaberle has set up some nice goals in a way few players can.  I think he also gave the team a confidence boost, a feeling that "hey, this year we are contenders".

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chiarelli's Track Record : Chiarelli arrived in May of 2006. Raycroft was traded in June. Who knows what was happening behind the scenes and if the deal had already been worked out, but it is credited officially under PC's stint.
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]

Asmaha, the deal was done in May. Chiarelli was prohibited from doing any work with the Bruins, by the Senators, until after the Entry Draft near the end of June. He was not even allowed at the Bruins draft table.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Right Wheat had Bos taken anyone on Ott's radar they would have screamed bloody murder and would have received compensation for it.

2006 draft had nothing to do with PC
    Kessel
    Alexandryov
    Luc
    March
    Bodnar

Krej came in 2004 draft.

Hamill was PC's first ever Bruin pick AT #8 2007.

PC is good, not topknotch yet but getting there, his best deals have been delayed in happening and have cost better runs in previous years in not filling holes.  (Kessel void spoke volumes to last years exit)

He pulled the trigger finally this year to make his run with summer and deadline deals with 5 bigtime players.

Kaberle could be the dud in this, he is down to 13-14 mins a game now, not logging the big #2 mins he was supposed to. I have not wanted Kab for 2 years and voiced this at every opp, but PC was locked in and really wanted him.  He has played better nthe last few games and his improvement on PP if it happens could make PC the gm of this decade with a cup win.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

Drafted Lucic, Marchand, Krejci, Seguin  
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]

Ah, he drafted only seguin in this group.  Gorton/O'Connel did the rest.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

PC came on in July 06, after the draft, where he served with Ottawa still.  Same year as Lucic/Marchand picks, but not until after them.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chiarelli's Track Record : Stop following Thorton's every move and watch the game...you'll learn something!
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

How can I help you BS if you can't even understand the message?

What I meant was...stop watching Moore's every move on the ice ! He's not the one to watch if you want to learn more about the great sport of hockey!