Chicago Blackhawks - Possible Trade Partners

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joegiunts. Show joegiunts's posts

Chicago Blackhawks - Possible Trade Partners

It seems like the Blackhawks have a trio of pretty decent puck moving defensemen in Brent Seabrook, Duncan Keith and Brian Campbell.  I know that Duncan Keith and Brian Campbell are locked up for the longterm.  Campbells salalry is around $7 million per year.  Seabrook is an RFA next year and this year salary is $3.5.  Could there be a possible move here from the B's?  It has been stated that the Blackhawks lack some grit.  Would you move Stuart and Wheeler or Ryder for Seabrook?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Re: Chicago Blackhawks - Possible Trade Partners

Interesting idea. I'd take any of them. You know Keith ain't going anywhere. And Campbell is over priced for what he brings, so a trade for Seabrook would make some sense. 
    I reall don't know what you'd have to give them, other than cheap young talent, but the B's have the resources to make a deal. 

Good post.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticBear68. Show CelticBear68's posts

In Response to Chicago Blackhawks - Possible Trade Partners:
    [QUOTE]It seems like the Blackhawks have a trio of pretty decent puck moving defensemen in Brent Seabrook, Duncan Keith and Brian Campbell.  I know that Duncan Keith and Brian Campbell are locked up for the longterm.  Campbells salalry is around $7 million per year.  Seabrook is an RFA next year and this year salary is $3.5.  Could there be a possible move here from the B's?  It has been stated that the Blackhawks lack some grit.  Would you move Stuart and Wheeler or Ryder for Seabrook?
    Posted by joegiunts[/QUOTE]

I'd move Stuart, Wheeler AND Ryder for Seabrook in a New York minute....but Chicago's GM Stan Bowman wouldn't take that deal.  It's a cotton-candy trade proposal, it LOOKS substantial...but when you bite into it, there's nothing really there...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

The way I look at it Joe Joe; the Hawks are looking to let Seabrook go if the return is good. Like you mention Keith and Campbell are locked in plus Campbells contract is hard to add to a teams line up plus his performance has not been up to par. The Hawks are not the same since Byfulglien and Versteeg left, so that will be the type of player Chicago will need in return. Wheels and Stuart could go to the Windy City but Wheels don't have the grit that Chic. is looking for but, I don't want write this but Caron could be a showcase from now to deadline. This deadline I have gut feeling that prospects and d men will be the players wearing differ jerseys.

The Bruins Caron Stuart Paille and maybe Wheels could be the trade bait. The Bruins can not let both Wheels and Paille go cause of their PK abilities.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Chicago can only take lower salary or equal to if it trades seabrook. 3.5 comapred to say sturat and wheeler would be close 3.7

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

If this would be a trade partner, I'd want Patrick Sharp here. I wanted him here somehow last year.

Very good player.

Bruins 1st in 2011, Wheeler and Mark Stuart for Sharp and Seabrook or Campbell.

If they need this sweetened, we'll see what we can do.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

I know Chiarelli was very interested in Hossa before. He has a long contract but would be a great fit. He would really make the Bruins offence a threat.

go a head blast away. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Not a fan.  Not a fan of the highly priced Euro/offensive/one way players.

Hemsky might be offensive minded, but he isn't overpriced.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuzzardBoots. Show BuzzardBoots's posts

"Bruins 1st in 2011, Wheeler and Mark Stuart for Sharp and Seabrook or Campbell."

Impossible.  Chicago GM would be run out of town...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Joe,

I actually mentioned Seabrook yesterday.  He would be such an ideal fit.  It makes me smile thinking about him in a B's uniform. It would take a lot to get him.  I don't think Wheeler and Stuart alone does it.  I do believe if you threw in a 1st rounder they may look harder.  But in the end they likely command Krejci over Wheeler.  At which point we tuck our tail and leave. 

I like Seabrook a lot

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from savybergy77. Show savybergy77's posts

I'd like Campbell. He was brutal the last couple of years but he seems to be back on track. He can move the puck like crazy and this year he leads the Hawks in +/- by a mile. He is a +22 and the next closest is +12. Sharp by the way is a team worst -13.

Campbell's brutal salary would be the problem though. Seabrook is a RFA next year and his salary will also be out of this world, and Seabrook is more of a stay at home D-man. I really like seabrook but no way on god's green earth that Stan Bouwman trades him...NO WAY.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to Re: Chicago Blackhawks - Possible Trade Partners:
    [QUOTE]"Bruins 1st in 2011, Wheeler and Mark Stuart for Sharp and Seabrook or Campbell." Impossible.  Chicago GM would be run out of town...
    Posted by BuzzardBoots[/QUOTE]

What about the #5 pick then? That's what I meant by sweetening it. Start low and see if you can get them to bite.

Slap Sharp next to Kreicji and you'll see a 40 goal guy.

Sharp is 3.9 in 2010/2011 for a cap hit, so he's affordable.

Or, do you gamble and really tease them and offer them Rask, Wheeler and Stuart for Sharp and Campbell?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

BB,

I don't see any need for Rask at this point as TT is clearly the #1 and I always thought he was.  I mean people on here argued with me that Rask is better than Ryan Miller.  Being a goalie is a fickle position.  Here today gone tomorrow. 

I think Rask can easily turn into a solid player.  But he likely doesnt get a chance here. 
    I like the idea of Sharp/Searbook. 
    I would offer Rask, Stuart, Wheeler and Toronto's #1.  for Sharp and Seabrook.

We trade away a goalie that should be a #1.  He can be that guy in Chicago.  We trade away Stuart(who I like but is on the outs- he easily can fill in on the top 4 in Chicago and provides toughness they lack).  They get Wheeler who is the secondary type players they need.  They get a future star in the #1 pick.

We get Seabrook who instantly becomes the 2nd best dman on the team and a scoring winger/center we need.

This trade would also free cap space for the Hawks to potentially bring a guy like Versteeg back.

I can see Chicago listening hard on this deal. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Hossa is as good in his own end as he is in the other end.  Very very responsible player. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

Thanks PBergeron I agree, Hossa and Seabrook Deal would put the Bruins over the top. Hossa cap hit (5.2) isnt much more than Sharps(3.9) it just a longer contract. I dont think Sharps available anyways but Hossa and Seabrook might be. Hossa's physical game is also often over looked this guy is a battler who can score.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chicago Blackhawks - Possible Trade Partners : one way player? are you really referring to hossa? Maybe you have never seen him play. He is a really good two way player in fact, back checks and everything. Thats why hes been a plus player every year since atlanta.
    Posted by pbergeron37[/QUOTE]

I don't agree with that.  I have seen him play. He may backcheck, but he's not very good at it.

Sharp is a better player.  And he's cheaper. And 3 years younger.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]BB, I don't see any need for Rask at this point as TT is clearly the #1 and I always thought he was.  I mean people on here argued with me that Rask is better than Ryan Miller.  Being a goalie is a fickle position.  Here today gone tomorrow.  I think Rask can easily turn into a solid player.  But he likely doesnt get a chance here.  I like the idea of Sharp/Searbook.  I would offer Rask, Stuart, Wheeler and Toronto's #1.  for Sharp and Seabrook. We trade away a goalie that should be a #1.  He can be that guy in Chicago.  We trade away Stuart(who I like but is on the outs- he easily can fill in on the top 4 in Chicago and provides toughness they lack).  They get Wheeler who is the secondary type players they need.  They get a future star in the #1 pick. We get Seabrook who instantly becomes the 2nd best dman on the team and a scoring winger/center we need. This trade would also free cap space for the Hawks to potentially bring a guy like Versteeg back. I can see Chicago listening hard on this deal. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

You bump the 1st rd pick from a late 1st rounder to the Toronto top 5 spot and that makes them listen.

Then, you come up with, in my opinion is a dire need for them (goaltending), and you may have a deal.

The question is, do you risk moving Rask with an aging Thomas?

How good are the goalies in Providence?

I think if you feel one of the 2 goalies down there can ascend in the next couple years at this level, you take the gamble go for it.

It would be a tough sell in Chicago for them lose a good D man and Sharp, but by adding another 1st rounder AND two NHL everyday players alongside a goalie who could improve them now, it's not a wild proposal at all.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from flave36. Show flave36's posts

This is a wild proposal. 

From the Bruins perspective:

Who is in the pipeline to replace Thomas if/when the aging 35+ year old goalie coming off of hip surgery goes down?  The goalies in Providence, are terrible. The only reason Tuukka's not getting experiance this year and is on the bench is because Thomas is overachieving beyond anyones expectations.

Even still why would Chicago, the defending champs, who just became relevant again throw in the towel on the season when they are on the brink of making the playoffs.  Why would Chicago send away one of the better overall defenseman from team Canada and the third leading goal scorers in the LEAGUE for draft picks, a healthy scratch defenseman, an underachieving 3rd liner, and a back up goalie?

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chicago Blackhawks - Possible Trade Partners : You bump the 1st rd pick from a late 1st rounder to the Toronto top 5 spot and that makes them listen. Then, you come up with, in my opinion is a dire need for them (goaltending), and you may have a deal. The question is, do you risk moving Rask with an aging Thomas? How good are the goalies in Providence? I think if you feel one of the 2 goalies down there can ascend in the next couple years at this level, you take the gamble go for it. It would be a tough sell in Chicago for them lose a good D man and Sharp, but by adding another 1st rounder AND two NHL everyday players alongside a goalie who could improve them now, it's not a wild proposal at all.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

BBR,

You sell Hossa very short.  I can't stand the guy.  But ask any expert and they would say he could be up for the Selke.  He is very good in his own end and very responsible as a two way fwd.  Back checking is a big part of it.  How often do you see Ovie floating?  Lots.  Hossa is very under rated if thats possible with someone with his contract.  He is a very complete player. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

great post Shuperman. Exactly why I say we would be a great fit and addition to the Bruins. He works extremely hard in all areas of the rink and is a consistant scoring threat that would open up other holes for guys like Ryder and Horton to do their thing. The more threats the better IMO.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]BBR, You sell Hossa very short.  I can't stand the guy.  But ask any expert and they would say he could be up for the Selke.  He is very good in his own end and very responsible as a two way fwd.  Back checking is a big part of it.  How often do you see Ovie floating?  Lots.  Hossa is very under rated if thats possible with someone with his contract.  He is a very complete player. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]
    It would be very difficult to name any glaring deficiencies in Hossas' game.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

How about value?  The guy seems to be living off of his name from years gone by.

This discussion would have been great 5 years ago.

He has and makes over 5 million per year. He's like Martin LaPointe value at this point.

His weakness is he is totally overpaid and isn't worth 5 mil for 50-60 point per year production.

If he can be had for cheap on the market, sure. He cashed in with Atlanta and has been poor value since then.

I am not sure how Detroit pulled off signing him.  And now Chicago.  I don't like the salary.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Martin Lapointe was a 4th line grinder

He has played in the last 3 stanley cups.  his stint in Detroit wasnt great but he ran shotgun with Sid and they wanted him badly to stay and play along side of him.

Again, I like your posts but Hossa is a very very good two way player.  Again, I can't stand him.  But he is a lot more than you are giving him

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

I like the thoughts, but not Rask. He is in line to succeed Timmy in two years, just as when Chia signed Timmy's contract. No-one in the pipeline with Rask capabilities. Seabrook is obviously a solid D, but Chia needs a real starter to give up that Toronto pick

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from teibore1. Show teibore1's posts

BB, they won't part with Rask.  TT only has 2 years left and hinted at retirement after this contract ends.  Rask is their goalie of the future.  Remember he started the season as the #1 guy until TT went absolutely crazy.  You'll see more of Tukka the next 2 months, 2 for TT, 1 for TR, no back to backs for TT unless they drop out of 1st.

I loved the other thread where someone talked about getting Stamkos!  Him and St.Louis are the only reason that place gets 1/2 full.  Also, not sure about the Lucic bashing.  Career high for goals by February and people complain he's not fighting?  Remember last year when he broke his hand in a fight and then management told him not to fight?

Sections
Shortcuts