Chimera on McQuaid

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Re: Chimera on McQuaid

I agree with most that the refs got it right... Charging major , no doubt about it ...and tomorrow Shanaban will deal with Chimera...2 games...Chimera saw the player was vulnerable and still ran him... Stupid play , by a not too bright player.....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from felixwas. Show felixwas's posts

The idea that players "put themselves in positions" to be injured is ludricrous. I don't care how much of a tough guy you are, you don't deliberately take actions that will result in your getting knocked into la-la land by somebody weighing 200 pounds coming at you at full speed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I don't think Shanny will hand out a suspension on this one. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

In Response to Re: Chimera on McQuaid:
    The idea that players "put themselves in positions" to be injured is ludricrous. I don't care how much of a tough guy you are, you don't deliberately take actions that will result in your getting knocked into la-la land by somebody weighing 200 pounds coming at you at full speed.
    Posted by felixwas

I can't find an original story, but there is this:

We’re on the power-play and I know that if I turn my back he either has to slow up or take a penalty,” he said in a recent interview. “I tend to play that way sometimes, maybe put my body out there and draw a penalty for the team, unfortunately that one worked against me.”

So yes, players will do it on purpose.

In this case, it looked to me like McQuaid saw him coming and tried to turn away from the hit at the last moment.  Chimera was coming faster than he realized.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from felixwas. Show felixwas's posts

In Response to Re: Chimera on McQuaid : I can't find an original story, but there is this: http://bruinsunite.wordpress.com/2011/03/11/what-really-happened-in-paciorettys-words/ “ We’re on the power-play and I know that if I turn my back he either has to slow up or take a penalty,” he said in a recent interview. “I tend to play that way sometimes, maybe put my body out there and draw a penalty for the team , unfortunately that one worked against me.” So yes, players will do it on purpose. In this case, it looked to me like McQuaid saw him coming and tried to turn away from the hit at the last moment.  Chimera was coming faster than he realized.
    Posted by DrCC

DrCC, thank you for taking the time to find that material online. I stand corrected.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Looked to me like McQuaid lost the puck and was looking down for it... I don't think he had any idea Chimera was coming.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Looked to me like McQuaid lost the puck and was looking down for it... I don't think he had any idea Chimera was coming.
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey

If he has no vision at all, he could still hear the skating.  Of course he knew Chimera was coming.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Oh of course, because YOU say so... he definately knew.

NAS, you're being dumberer than normal. By the time he heard anything he was headed face first into the boards.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Chimera on McQuaid : Are we to infer that those who agree with the on ice call are illogical, less knowledgeable hockey fans?
    Posted by dezaruchi

1.  Infer nothing.

2.  Fans protect their team's players with excuses.  Look at anything Marchand does that is dirty.  He submarines a guy in a completely non-conventional move and crazed fans call it a hip check.  Now, I don't want to start debating that one again, but it shows you that objectivity doesn't rest in the local fanbase of any team.  I'm a huge McQuaid fan this year.  This was dumb on his part. (Not as dumb as hurling himself into the boards last year, however!)

3.  I said nothing of anyone else.  The statement was made that I was playing devil's advocate.  I stated that I was not, but instead looking at it logically.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

In Response to Re: Chimera on McQuaid : If he has no vision at all, he could still hear the skating.  Of course he knew Chimera was coming.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

You mean the gliding

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I was right there, could hear timmy yelling "one coming, one coming" looked like McQuaid turned to protect/play the puck and got caught in between. Keep in mind I could not see the puck at that point.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Yes McQuaid is also responsible because he turned but a charge is a charge so it was the right call. 

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

I was right there, could hear timmy yelling "one coming, one coming" looked like McQuaid turned to protect/play the puck and got caught in between. Keep in mind I could not see the puck at that point.
    Posted by kelvana33

So then what is your opinion Kel. Did it deserve a major if you were there and saw it you know better than any of us. Personally with all the open ice between him and Mcquaid it look like a run at him that could have been and should have been avoided. It also looked like if Adam took the hit it was aimed right to his head.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In Response to Re: Chimera on McQuaid : So then what is your opinion Kel. Did it deserve a major if you were there and saw it you know better than any of us. Personally with all the open ice between him and Mcquaid it look like a run at him that could have been and should have been avoided. It also looked like if Adam took the hit it was aimed right to his head.
    Posted by Macfact

Looked to me as if Chimera was coming into put a shoulder on shoulder check on MacQuaid who turned at the last second. Chimeras' feet were not moving, nor did he leave them, it looked like there was no intent other than a hockey play.

3 years ago this isnt even a penalty, today it's a charging, a game and up for review with Shanny..He knew Chimera was coming, which is why he turned, to try and avoid him.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

That call was complete and utter hooey. One of the B's MVR (most valuable ref) Walkom also called a phonie 5 min. major and a game misconduct for Rome's open ice hit on the Monkeyman.  Rome got 4 games for a clean hit, so it stands to reason that Chimera should also get 4 games for a clean hit...that's why Bettmans Hockey league has about as much credibility as the WWE. Remember, Walkom is one of Gregorys Daddys all time favorites.
    Posted by null

I was going to type something to yet again make a fool of you.

You beat me to it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In Response to Re: Chimera on McQuaid : Are we to infer that those who agree with the on ice call are illogical, less knowledgeable hockey fans?
    Posted by dezaruchi

Dez, just because they are in the game doesnt mean they are smarter.I can roll out numerous examples to make my case. I'll give you 3.

Syd Thrift, then G.M of the Baltimore Orioles was in studio taking questions from callers. One called up and asked his opinion on a player down in their farm system. Syd proceeded to state how he's seen that player develop nicley and in fact saw him last week and said his bat speed was almost up to major league level.
    The caller then informed Syd he just made up the name.

2. Instant replay showed Tom Brady lost the football while his arm was going forward therefore it was an incomplete pass. The head ref and the video replay judge came to this conclusion.

3. Grabovski makes more than Patrice Bergeron.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In Response to Re: Chimera on McQuaid : A suspension to Walkom would make the most sense... just for being one of Gregorys Daddys favorite sycophants. Must be somewhat embarrassing for real B's fans... having to watch their big bad B's get babysat by the "Gregson Glee Club" every stinkin game.
    Posted by null

The Nucks haven't won a Cup yet, right ? Only the Shadowknows for sure.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

I guess the question is, if McQuaid doesn't turn his back at the last second, would it still be a charge, or just a good hard play? If it was Lucic who cleaned out a Caps DMan like that, I'd be PO'ed if he got a major and game misconduct.
    Posted by seobrien

I've never seen Lucic pick up steam from the blue line to hit a guy behind the net !  That's the difference.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

In Response to Re: Chimera on McQuaid : A suspension to Walkom would make the most sense... just for being one of Gregorys Daddys favorite sycophants. Must be somewhat embarrassing for real B's fans... having to watch their big bad B's get babysat by the "Gregson Glee Club" every stinkin game.
    Posted by null

Hey troll, I give you an F. If you're going to attempt to annoy everyone here, stop using refs names like we know who they are. Only nutboys like you know the name of every ref and it takes away from your trolling. 

Also, the Greg's daddy stuff is getting tired. If you're going to be a troll, at least come up with something other than the same old diatribe of Gregg's daddy, tainted cup, rinse, repeat. You sound like a parrot, bawk bawk!! Plus, no one besides the tin foil hat crowd actually puts any creedence to the "Greg's daddy" bull. When you use it, you sound like one of those baby dolls that cry when you pull the cord.

Lastly, trolls that say the same thing over and over don't incite as much rage and anger. Be good at trolling, otherwise you are just wasting your own time.

Back to ignore.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBruinss. Show BostonBruinss's posts

Posted by null

jeez what is your obsession with Gregory Campebell. Can you please explain why Florida had so many successful years with him their lineup. F' Moron, stop watching hockey.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Bottom line on the hit, you need to be in control of your body and expect that people will turn to face the boards. Every player in the league leaves themself in this vunerable position since it is illegal to hit a guy in the numbers. This leads to guys turning to face the boards all the time.

Guys that go for a check like this need to realize that this is going to happen 50% of the time and they need to be in control of themselves so they can pull up if a guy like McQuaid turns at the last second.

I put the fault at 1/3rd for each - third for Chimera for charging, third for McQuaid for turning, and a third for the NHL for the flawed boarding rule that makes players put themselves in a more vunerable position.

No suspension or fine deserved.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from originalcallodthedom. Show originalcallodthedom's posts

The major is enough here. mcQuaid turned at the last second ( protecting the puck) and chimera was gonna rub one out but caught him. chimera isn't dirty

Sections
Shortcuts