Chimera you freakin ____!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Chimera you freakin ____!

Then he chirps some fans before he heads down the tunnel T 0 0 L!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Chimera you freakin ____!

Why did McQuaid turn his face to the boards with a guy ONE STEP from checking him?

McQuaid's fault.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Chimera you freakin ____!:
    [QUOTE]Why did McQuaid turn his face to the boards with a guy ONE STEP from checking him? McQuaid's fault.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    Chimera was tossed for charging. I can't figure out how McQuaid is supposed to control how many strides Chimera takes.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

McQuaid turns last second and Chimera was committed.
    If you recall earlier in the season when these two played didn't Chimera do the "bear hug" , put his arms around the Bruins D that had his back turned so not do smash him from behind .  I don't think he's a dirty player.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]McQuaid turns last second and Chimera was committed. If you recall earlier in the season when these two played didn't Chimera do the "bear hug" , put his arms around the Bruins D that had his back turned so not do smash him from behind .  I don't think he's a dirty player.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]
    Yes, to a charge.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

In this case chimera just cant line the guy up its too risky, i know mcquaid turned late but HE HAS THE PUCK he can turn any way he wants it is incumbent on the attacking player not to hit him illeagally not the other way around!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chimera you freakin ____! : Yes, to a charge.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Fine if you see it like that, either way McQuaid was in a vulnerable position and they might have called a 2mins penalty , but I don't think Chimera is dirty and wanted to hit McQuaid from behind.  Chimera was already engaged to hitting him when McQuaid turns his back.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chimera you freakin ____! : Fine if you see it like that, either way McQuaid was in a vulnerable position and they might have called a 2mins penalty , but I don't think Chimera is dirty and wanted to hit McQuaid from behind.  Chimera was already engaged to hitting him when McQuaid turns his back.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]
    Chimera just got 5 and a game for charging. I'm obviously not the only one who saw it that way.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chimera you freakin ____! : Chimera just got 5 and a game for charging. I'm obviously not the only one who saw it that way.

If the refs say it, it must be correct.  Just like the non-kick in the Tampa game, right?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chimera you freakin ____! : Chimera just got 5 and a game for charging. I'm obviously not the only one who saw it that way.

The refs don't have the luxury of replay on the ice .  Come one Dez, he did not want to hurt him and McQuaid does turn his back ,  it's clear on the replay.
    Chimera is not dirty

p.s. I'm not going all Shupe on you.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chimera you freakin ____! : If the refs say it, it must be correct. Just like the non -kick in the Tampa game, right?
    That call was made in Toronto. It has no bearing on someone being charged.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chimera you freakin ____! : That call was made in Toronto. It has no bearing on someone being charged.

Nice chatting with you, Dez.

Your argument here has failed.  I'm done discussing it with you.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

BsLegion - Chimera was correctly called 5min for Charging...not 'boarding' or 'roughing' or anything else. He took more than 5 or 6 strides and charged McQuaid.

McQuaid did turn to make a move that players along the boards do regularly to avoid a check.

Should he have not done that and lessened the chance of being hurt? Probably.

Did Chimera get penalized for hurting McQuaid? No.
    He got tossed for an extreme Charging penalty.

Suspendable? I wouldn't say so...

Hope McQ is OK.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Even if McQuaid hadn't turned Chimera had too much speed coming at a player that close to the boards. Clearly charging not be mistaken with a player that turns at the last second when he's about to be hit in the open ice.

Chimera has been around too long he knew what he was doing. Once McQuaid turned to protect the puck Chimera should have eased up, he didn't he gets the gate for being a S___ B__!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]BsLegion - Chimera was correctly called 5min for Charging...not 'boarding' or 'roughing' or anything else. He took more than 5 or 6 strides and charged McQuaid. McQuaid did turn to make a move that players along the boards do regularly to avoid a check. Should he have not done that and lessened the chance of being hurt? Probably. Did Chimera get penalized for hurting McQuaid? No. He got tossed for an extreme Charging penalty. Suspendable? I wouldn't say so... Hope McQ is OK.
    Posted by Davinator[/QUOTE]

He glided into the hit.  Most players are skating before they throw a check.  They aren't standing still.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chimera you freakin ____! : He glided into the hit.  Most players are skating before they throw a check.  They aren't standing still.
    Speaking of a failed argument...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Chimera was gliding"

I am laughing so hard right now EPIC FAIL now way did I just read that hilarious.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chimera you freakin ____! : He glided into the hit.  Most players are skating before they throw a check.  They aren't standing still.

True NAS, but he already had his head of steam up by that time (still considered excessive by the refs, apparently).

Anyway, we can agree to disagree. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from realpatone. Show realpatone's posts

Wasn't Chimera the name of the deadly virus that Tom Cruise's girlfriend (Thandie Newton) was infected with in one of the Mission Impossible movies?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

In response to "Re: Chimera you freakin ____!": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chimera you freakin ____! : He glided into the hit.  Most players are skating before they throw a check.  They aren't standing still. Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE] You are out to lunch on this

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from terribleturk. Show terribleturk's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chimera you freakin ____! : Nice chatting with you, Dez. Your argument here has failed.  I'm done discussing it with you.
    Who gives a sh##. The thread is  closed, NASS is done discussing it.  What a d%!head.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Yes McQuaid could have possibly avoided injury by not turning but that was still a Darcy Tucker charge.  The call was right.  Give it up NAS.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

When I first saw it, I thought it was a penalty and sort of dirty, but they showed it from a camera angle which was from the blue line and it looked to me Chimera was throwing on the brakes a little bit with his skates. He was perfoming a hockey stop. So his skates were not pointed directly at McQuaid. Also, Chimera actually stopped moving his feet and coasted a good 6-7 feet before making contact. The speed of the game is so fast that its hard to pull up a let off once your zoned in. And yes McQuaid turning didnt help matters, he just didnt pull off the turn soon enough and didnt realize how fast Chimera was coming down on him. I dont think Chimera is a dirty player. Just an unfortunate play. I think Chimera was trying to beat McQ before he got behind the net, so that threw his angle off a little when making contact. Just s ucks he got hurt on the play. Still dont think that was Chimera's intention. Just making a hard hockey play.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]                              "Chimera was gliding" I am laughing so hard right now EPIC FAIL now way did I just read that hilarious.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

I'll ask you once again, Sandog:

If a player is skating and then stops moving his feet but continues forward, what do you call it?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]                              "Chimera was gliding" I am laughing so hard right now EPIC FAIL now way did I just read that hilarious.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

If your not moving your feet what are doing then? If McQuaids back was turned earlier I would say the hit was malicious because Chimera would have seen it. Not Chimeras fault McQuaid turned when he did. When you know someone is coming, and I think McQauid did, since I could hear TT yelling, and I also think he turned to avoid Chimera, he just did it too late. Not blaming McQuaid, but I can't blame Chimera either. I'm just goinjg by what I saw and heard.

I don't think Chara meant to hit Max into the stantion.
    I don't think Lucic meant to bowl over Miller, but I also don't think he tried to avoid the contact.

Sections
Shortcuts